cidy

Pilton party

I've just received confirmation that the metal cups are in use again this year. Might be worth bringing any you have in order to save having to pay the initial £5 deposit.

52 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

I've just received confirmation that the metal cups are in use again this year. Might be worth bringing any you have in order to save having to pay the initial £5 deposit.

Cheers @Ommadawn I was just thinking about this this morning. I might also take a Shambala mug as I can't stand the metal ones.

25 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

You can bring some of your own beer in as well though right?

As far as I recall, yes.  Pretty sure we carried in a box of cider last year

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Excellent. Really looking forward to it now B).

Taking the Mrs for her birthday.... She doesn't know :ok:

Smooth :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Stretlow said:

You can bring some of your own beer in as well though right?

As long as it's sealed - they were checking bottles last year and making people emplty out bottles that were not sealed

Have just done a Benny around the site and am now recovering from dust inhalation. The site is dry folks and looks like it will stay that way for tomorrow too. The tent is the same as last year and the year before. It's in exactly the same place as last year too.

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

As long as it's sealed - they were checking bottles last year and making people emplty out bottles that were not sealed

Any idea why. If you can take your own in what difference does it make if it's sealed or not?

maybe they are trying to ensure that what it says on the bottle is accurate, they wouldn't want any kids with mdma in their drinks or scotch in their coke bottles.

14 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

Fair enough. I shall neck my brandy and bring it in inside myself then.

I hope you're a sealed container then.

3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Have just done a Benny around the site and am now recovering from dust inhalation. The site is dry folks and looks like it will stay that way for tomorrow too. The tent is the same as last year and the year before. It's in exactly the same place as last year too.

Trainers it is then

Small amount of drizzle over night but clearing now. Not enough to change the ground condition I suspect apart from possibly a damp arse if you sat on the grass.

12 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

I hope you're a sealed container then.

Copious amounts of candle wax in all the important places should see to that...

17 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Wait what? I took in self mixed G&T last year and didn't get it taken off me. Planning on Vodka Redbull self mixed bottles tonight.

Says nothing about unsealed bottles on the contraband list!

1 hour ago, payneruk said:

Wait what? I took in self mixed G&T last year and didn't get it taken off me. Planning on Vodka Redbull self mixed bottles tonight.

Says nothing about unsealed bottles on the contraband list!

I think it depends on your age. I didn't get checked but 2 years ago my son who was 22 did. It's luck I reckon. Having said that all bar sale profits go to the village so I'm happy to support that...obvs ;)

18 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I think it depends on your age. I didn't get checked but 2 years ago my son who was 22 did. It's luck I reckon. Having said that all bar sale profits go to the village so I'm happy to support that...obvs ;)

I'm all for profits going to local causes. I'll definitely be using the bars. I just don't want to waste all my booze (x10 of my friends) when it says nothing about it online.

We're all 31 so hopefully it'll be fine.

Roll on 17:00 :)

24 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Sorry folks the rain has arrived. Hopefully it's dry up soon.

I've bottled trainers for boots and the Mrs has taken Wellies