Bjork

Al2006

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to mislead anyone bumping this thread. She's playing FYF in America in July. I reckon she's in for a shout at Glastonbury, what i thought of the other day is how male dominated the line up might turn out, especially headliners this year, and maybe Emily will have bumped her up for Other headliner? Or is she too small?

2 minutes ago, James96 said:

Sorry to mislead anyone bumping this thread. She's playing FYF in America in July. I reckon she's in for a shout at Glastonbury, what i thought of the other day is how male dominated the line up might turn out, especially headliners this year, and maybe Emily will have bumped her up for Other headliner? Or is she too small?

where is the lineup?

4 minutes ago, James96 said:

3 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

where is the lineup?

It's not out yet, and I don't think James implied it was, but the best indications we have of how it might turn out are here:
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2017/lineup.shtml

15 minutes ago, James96 said:

I thought these festival shows were proper ones, I've yet to see (DJ Set) on any of the listings?

not sure about the festival stuff, but I know she was doing some djing around, I remember the press complained that they couldn't see her to which she made a reply about the inequality of genders and how no one compains when they can't see a male DJ

I have a strong hunch that she's gonna show up this year.. just a hunch, but my reasoning being:

1. She's playing random festivals all across the world this year, around Glasto time somewhat (Ceremonia, FYF, Fuji Rock - April until July), no dates in the UK/Europe yet though - don't think she's the type of act that follows where the money is, so Glastonbury seems ideal for that.

2. She must be due right? It-s been 10 years since she last played Glastonbury

3. As others have pointed out, it seems very odd that all the projected headliners are all very male-oriented. So they must have at least 1 - can't think of anyone else that suits that (Lady Gaga is definitely playing Pyramid if she's there)

If I have to guess - probably Saturday or Sunday Other Stage headliner

16 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

I have a strong hunch that she's gonna show up this year.. just a hunch, but my reasoning being:

1. She's playing random festivals all across the world this year, around Glasto time somewhat (Ceremonia, FYF, Fuji Rock - April until July), no dates in the UK/Europe yet though - don't think she's the type of act that follows where the money is, so Glastonbury seems ideal for that.

3. As others have pointed out, it seems very odd that all the projected headliners are all very male-oriented. So they must have at least 1 - can't think of anyone else that suits that (Lady Gaga is definitely playing Pyramid if she's there)

These are all my points, got a feeling it'll be Saturday other, I think she's a good alternative to the Foo's especially as we're struggling to think of a suitable set of other headliners.

The only reason she might not be doing Europe ones is they seem to have all their headliners sorted. I understand why someone like Primavera would book their headliners over Bjork because I do think they're all more popular (Frank Ocean, The XX, Arcade Fire, Bon Iver) only UK fest I could have expected her at really was Latitude.

19 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

I know I've brought it up before, but she was one of the acts Emily followed on Instagram along with The Avalanches, Radiohead and The XX...

fyf-2017.jpg?quality=80&w=806&h=537

My god, that is the most beautiful festival line-up I've seen. The top 3 lines are 100% stuff I'd love to see, stuff I would (and have in a lot of cases) go out of my way to watch outside of festivals. Then below there's just loads of good stuff. Never seen anything like it in all of my days. I'd like 1 ticket and Hermione's time turner.