Bjork

Al2006

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

She's not bigger than Peej though surely? 

She is.  Apart from Bjork's shows being more spectacular, her last album went to number 1, rather than 11 for PJ Harvey.

EDIT:  I'm an idiot, it's the other way round!  PJ is bigger!  Bjork's better though :P

Edited by stuartbert two hats
I'm a fool who got his browser tabs mixed up.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

She is.  Apart from Bjork's shows being more spectacular, her last album went to number 1, rather than 11 for PJ Harvey.

EDIT:  I'm an idiot, it's the other way round!  PJ is bigger!  Bjork's better though :P

Haha, I'd agree on that front, but in terms of potential placement on the Other I think they're both subs rather than headliner. Moot point though as I'm 100% on the 'Björk for WH' train. 

Also known as the Hyperballad-Mass-Transit-System

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Haha, I'd agree on that front, but in terms of potential placement on the Other I think they're both subs rather than headliner. Moot point though as I'm 100% on the 'Björk for WH' train. 

Also known as the Hyperballad-Mass-Transit-System

I think WH would be the ideal, given how much her popularity seems to have slipped since 2007.  Plus, W Holts has a much meaner sound system than it did 10 years ago.  After Underworld this year, I have no concerns about it being able to pump out enough bass :D

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think WH would be the ideal, given how much her popularity seems to have slipped since 2007.  Plus, W Holts has a much meaner sound system than it did 10 years ago.  After Underworld this year, I have no concerns about it being able to pump out enough bass :D

Totally. Love me a WH headliner 

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

In fairness, Bjork's was a high profile leak, the bloody Metro even put it on their front page! Bjork sold out the RAH and a second night at the Hammersmith Apollo in minutes, so Other headliner isn't unfair at all.

8 hours ago, Keithy said:

Bjork, Sun Night, Please! Her and Sleater Kinney are the few unseen left on my 'must see and tour rarely' list.

Aw, Keithy, it's just a bastard we live in the UK; if we were in New York we'd be fucken sick of Sleater-Kinney gigs by now. I hope you get to see both them and Bjork though, they're two of the best ever live shows I've seen. S-K were a fucking masterclass in how to do a rock show.

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Aw, Keithy, it's just a bastard we live in the UK; if we were in New York we'd be fucken sick of Sleater-Kinney gigs by now. I hope you get to see both them and Bjork though, they're two of the best ever live shows I've seen. S-K were a fucking masterclass in how to do a rock show.

I made the rookie mistake of skipping the S-K tour, absolutely convinced they were playing Glastonbury.... 

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Pushing £80 for Hammersmith when including fees. Both times I've seen her I've broken the ceiling of what I'm prepared to pay for gigs, she's in a league of her own.

She is, LAWN, but she's also dependent on a really good sound system, such is the delicacy and complexity of her (live) material.

So it's a massive YES from me, but it has to be on West Holts. If they could reproduce the clarity and depth of sound that we got for James Blake last year it could be completely epic...

I'd miss Radiohead for that.

Ben

7 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

She is, LAWN, but she's also dependent on a really good sound system, such is the delicacy and complexity of her (live) material.

So it's a massive YES from me, but it has to be on West Holts. If they could reproduce the clarity and depth of sound that we got for James Blake last year it could be completely epic...

I'd miss Radiohead for that.

Ben

I wouldn't worry about Radiohead clashing with Bjork. That would be one of the most heinous clashes of all time surely? 

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets said:

I'm still holding out hope that she'll sub Radiohead. Think she'd be a much better choice than The Xx (the Lips would also be acceptable).

Don't think Bjork pretty much playing her new album in its entirety would go down well with a Pyramid crowd - even one waiting for Radiohead