Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

12 hours ago, Nesser said:

Please, forget Radiohead, Stone Roses and that kind of bands. They are simply not happening with RHCP being the main headliner of this year.

Why? I could see Radiohead doing the Friday night

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CJTM said:

Why? I could see Radiohead doing the Friday night

Man, just look at the two last lineups. FIB has decided to book a massive headliner and fill the other spots with medium headliners or not headliners at all. It's more likely to have Bastille headlining not Thursday but Friday than having Radiohead/Stone Roses/any enormous band.

Said that, expect something like Run the Jewels/Bastille/Macklemore for Thursday, yeah. 

1 hour ago, Nesser said:

Man, just look at the two last lineups. FIB has decided to book a massive headliner and fill the other spots with medium headliners or not headliners at all. It's more likely to have Bastille headlining not Thursday but Friday than having Radiohead/Stone Roses/any enormous band.

Said that, expect something like Run the Jewels/Bastille/Macklemore for Thursday, yeah. 

Last year maybe, but not the year before (2015) which had 4 x strong alternative headliners, in Florence, Prodigy, Blur & Portishead.  But I do also agree that if the Chili's are playing, they'll not be enough in the budget for the likes of the Roses, Gorillaz or Radiohead.  I could see The Strokes headlining Friday, with LCD Soundsystem doing it on Thursday, and someone like The Courteeners or Two Door Cinema Club headlining on Sunday night. I'd take those 4 as headliners this year, making it more guitary and less hip-hop/electronic than 2016.

Official - RHCP

Only name announced

Can't see a specified date but would assume the Saturday?

Can see that being a more 'rock' day, RHCP - Royal Blood - Twin Atlantic - Slaves -Drenge etc

14910466_1095130943867837_4512724264221618175_n.jpg

Edited by CJTM

23 minutes ago, JohnMo85 said:

On the RHCP website it says they are playing FIB and Super Bock on the same day? 13th July?

fib.png

Just clicked the 'more info' part: 

The exact performance date will be announced soon.

12 minutes ago, hamishrankin said:

Oh wow, if that is the case i'll be there. Who are the other rumoured headliners?

Think Slaves will be there, RB if they get their comeback in motion soon, can def. see TA there also for that day.

Nothing concrete but take your pick from Radiohead, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Gorillaz, Stone Roses. Can see a smaller level of headliner for the Thursday - think Bastille / Chase & Status.

Edited by CJTM

10 hours ago, CJTM said:

Think Slaves will be there, RB if they get their comeback in motion soon, can def. see TA there also for that day.

Nothing concrete but take your pick from Radiohead, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Gorillaz, Stone Roses. Can see a smaller level of headliner for the Thursday - think Bastille / Chase & Status.

If we get just 1 more from your list of 6, then I'd consider that a decent result.

Foo's for NOS Alive in Lisbon, the week prior to Beni, so I reckon that Mad Cool festival in Madrid, will also have them, as it's the same weekend (can't imagine BBK will have the €/$ for both Foo's & Depeche Mode.  Beni up against both Mad Cool & BBK this year, both taking place the week before FIB, the latter which has a really strong line-up in 2016, so it will be interesting to see who gets what, in Spain for July?  (BBK had Arcade Fire last time, so it could be Mad Cool or FIB in 2017 for Canada's finest???)

39 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Foo's for NOS Alive in Lisbon, the week prior to Beni, so I reckon that Mad Cool festival in Madrid, will also have them, as it's the same weekend (can't imagine BBK will have the €/$ for both Foo's & Depeche Mode.  Beni up against both Mad Cool & BBK this year, both taking place the week before FIB, the latter which has a really strong line-up in 2016, so it will be interesting to see who gets what, in Spain for July?  (BBK had Arcade Fire last time, so it could be Mad Cool or FIB in 2017 for Canada's finest???)

BBK had the money for Radiohead and Arcade Fire this year.

Apologies, getting my festivals mixed up.

Edited by DiscothequeDave