Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, ChanceF197 said:

Not much talk about The XX headlining in this forum. Being in Portugal the week before, could they be a shoe-in for Benicassim this year?

I would be thrilled if they performed in Beni!

They're headlining Primavera the month before which makes them unlikely, that's why

Has anyone had the chance to draft up a list for the potential pool of acts that could be the last headliner?

I personally think it will be a dancey headliner for the Thursday with the Prodigy in mind.

However how big are Arcade Fire in Spain? When did Mumford last play too they are announcing some dates late on.

51 minutes ago, GodlikeYeezus said:

Has anyone had the chance to draft up a list for the potential pool of acts that could be the last headliner?

I personally think it will be a dancey headliner for the Thursday with the Prodigy in mind.

However how big are Arcade Fire in Spain? When did Mumford last play too they are announcing some dates late on.

I think the Weekend for Thursday and another big act to come , plus a big dance name to do the late Sunday slot 

3 hours ago, gedkelly said:

I think the Weekend for Thursday and another big act to come , plus a big dance name to do the late Sunday slot 

I think either Elbow, Chase & Status or Fatboy Slim for the last headliner slot (maybe even Lana Del Rey?).  Prodigy headlined two years ago and Arcade Fire are headlining Primavera this summer, therefore both unlikely. Mumfords don't appear to have anything in their tour schedule for July yet, and it's about 6-7 years since they last played FIB, so you wouldn't rule them out at this stage.

Edited by andytommo

18 hours ago, GodlikeYeezus said:

IF they're following the same structure as two of the last three years, there's no chance of Prodigy headlining the Thursday, they're too big. Surely The Weeknd fit the slot of 'slightly rubbish and cheap headliner' so will do the Thursday, and we'll get 1 more decent headliner for one of the remaining 3 nights.

48 minutes ago, fradejass said:

The last headliner has to be stone roses or radiohead. Daft punk, Gorillaz will also do.

Can't see it being SR after Kasabian were announced, but I would absolutely love to see them in Spain.

I would take someone like Elbow now as the final headliner. Just a decent, credible band isn't being too greedy.

2 hours ago, Toto Schillaci said:

IF they're following the same structure as two of the last three years, there's no chance of Prodigy headlining the Thursday, they're too big. Surely The Weeknd fit the slot of 'slightly rubbish and cheap headliner' so will do the Thursday, and we'll get 1 more decent headliner for one of the remaining 3 nights.

Don't think The Weeknd fits either of those categories personally but each to their own. He plays arenas, doubt he's cheap.

2 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Can't see it being SR after Kasabian were announced, but I would absolutely love to see them in Spain.

I would take someone like Elbow now as the final headliner. Just a decent, credible band isn't being too greedy.

Elbow would be decent, but it would have to be Sunday night, if at all, as I noticed last night that they are already playing in Europe on Thu (Germany), Fri (Switz), Sat (Italy) that weekend.  Beni might just be one gig too far for them, doing 4 x back to back nights.  I also noticed that Chase & Status only appear to be doing DJ sets at other festivals in June/July, so I think this rules them out of 4th headline spot, as FIB wouldn't have this (they might still appear, doing DJ set, but not headline).  This puts my two final guesses for 4th headliner down to either Lana Del Rey, or Fat Boy Slim...not unless Foals play the main headline set on Thu night, and are bumped upto headline status (I wouldn't be disappointed with this decision).

1 minute ago, andytommo said:

Elbow would be decent, but it would have to be Sunday night, if at all, as I noticed last night that they are already playing in Europe on Thu (Germany), Fri (Switz), Sat (Italy) that weekend.  Beni might just be one gig too far for them, doing 4 x back to back nights.  I also noticed that Chase & Status only appear to be doing DJ sets at other festivals in June/July, so I think this rules them out of 4th headline spot, as FIB wouldn't have this (they might still appear, doing DJ set, but not headline).  This puts my two final guesses for 4th headliner down to either Lana Del Rey, or Fat Boy Slim...not unless Foals play the main headline set on Thu night, and are bumped upto headline status (I wouldn't be disappointed with this decision).

What about pixies, playing lower slots at big festivals and headlining medium sized festivals, could be Thursday headliner?

1 minute ago, OddRon said:

What about pixies, playing lower slots at big festivals and headlining medium sized festivals, could be Thursday headliner?

They're headlining Low festival in Benidorm 2 weeks later, which I think might be exclusive for Spain - otherwise they would definitely have been a suitable 4th headline contender.

15 minutes ago, andytommo said:

That probably rules Elbow out of the running then. A busy schedule and Kasabian looking favourite for the Sunday due to other commitments.

Fatboy Slim said his summer is full, he's announced his festival appearances and he has an Ibiza residency this year. I would rule him out based on that. I'd be happy if he was the final headliner but I just can't see it.

Who does that leave?

I wouldn't rule out a double headliner, something like Stereophonics or Imagine Dragons + Chase & Status DJ Set would probably tick many boxes.

Think the Weeknd is definitley too big for the Thursday slot.  Not really my cup of tea, but that was a big announcement when they made it and he's massive in certain circles.   He's a motherfecking starboy after all...

I think there are 2 sub headline slots to fill too arent there?  After Foals and Los Planetas.  I'm thinking the Courteeners will be up for one of them.  Still not announced any festival stuff other than their Old Trafford gig and havent played since 2014.  With Reading announcing their final headliner this week and the Melvin Benn link, I wonder if we'll get an announcement shortly after that?

50 minutes ago, HappyWednesday said:

Think the Weeknd is definitley too big for the Thursday slot.  Not really my cup of tea, but that was a big announcement when they made it and he's massive in certain circles.   He's a motherfecking starboy after all...

I think there are 2 sub headline slots to fill too arent there?  After Foals and Los Planetas.  I'm thinking the Courteeners will be up for one of them.  Still not announced any festival stuff other than their Old Trafford gig and havent played since 2014.  With Reading announcing their final headliner this week and the Melvin Benn link, I wonder if we'll get an announcement shortly after that?

One of if not both of Courteeners & Richard Ashcroft will surely feature as sub.

I can't see there being a big surprise, it will be someone who's already around Europe this summer. 

Im going with either Lana Del Rey or Imagine Dragons and it being the Thursday headline slot. The only thing that makes me question this is would they really leave the last announcement to be the smallest name? Would be a bit of an anti climax... but I don't know their usual process, or perhaps they don't have one :lol:

Sorry for the double post but I have just come across this. Hopefully not on a personal level but seems feasible.(Macklemore dates)

• FRIMay 26thSUNMay 28thBOTTLEROCK FESTIVALNapa, CA, USBuy Tickets

• FRIJun 2ndSUNJun 4thROCK AM RINGNürburg, GermanyBuy Tickets

• FRIJun 2ndSUNJun 4thROCK IM PARKNuremberg, GermanyBuy Tickets

• FRIJun 2ndSUNJun 4thROCK IN VIENNAVienna, AustriaBuy Tickets

• WEDJul 12thGURTENFESTIVALBern, SwitzerlandBuy Tickets

• FRIJul 14thMOON AND STARSLocarno, SwitzerlandBuy Tickets

• SATJul 22ndLUCCA SUMMER FESTIVALLucca, ItalyBuy Tickets

Edited by GodlikeYeezus