Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

6 hours ago, andytommo said:

I'll be making the effort to get down there at 7pm to see them, as I've heard they're pretty decent.

already had a chat with them about passing me a bottle of voddy from the stage , see you down the front mate x

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I've seen The Sherlocks a few times, they're definitely worth going to see to kick the Evening off. Might be from Sheffield but there's definitely a Courteeners feel to their sound.

This will be a whole new experience for me, the festival starting at 19:00 rather than lunch time... I'll just have to remember not to peak too soon if I want to remember the headliners :lol:

6 minutes ago, neilleeds88 said:

The clashfinder looks pretty good (if it's accurate). The only band I'll be missing out on due to clashes is Ride and I've got 18 acts pencilled in.

I would take it with a large pinch of salt, Twin Peaks for example are not big enough of a band that they would be between Ride and Bonobo. Doubt they would put Courteeners against Ride too, as the fanbase has a large crossover.

9 minutes ago, gregory said:

I would take it with a large pinch of salt, Twin Peaks for example are not big enough of a band that they would be between Ride and Bonobo. Doubt they would put Courteeners against Ride too, as the fanbase has a large crossover.

I can't remember from previous years when the time are announced? Any ideas?

9 hours ago, andytommo said:

I'll be making the effort to get down there at 7pm to see them, as I've heard they're pretty decent.

Definitely, I caught the end of their set at Reading last year and it was really good. My only problem with them is that a lot of their songs sound very similar, although they've definitely got the odd banger.

1 hour ago, neilleeds88 said:

The clashfinder looks pretty good (if it's accurate). The only band I'll be missing out on due to clashes is Ride and I've got 18 acts pencilled in.

Yeah that Courteeners / Honne clash would be a massive disappointment for me so I hope thats not accurate aha.Other than that though clashes are looking pretty minimal across the weekend on there for me. Earlier the clashfinder showed Honne and Kaleo clashing which would be really bad for me aha.

1 hour ago, Twice said:

Definitely, I caught the end of their set at Reading last year and it was really good. My only problem with them is that a lot of their songs sound very similar, although they've definitely got the odd banger.

Yeah that Courteeners / Honne clash would be a massive disappointment for me so I hope thats not accurate aha.Other than that though clashes are looking pretty minimal across the weekend on there for me. Earlier the clashfinder showed Honne and Kaleo clashing which would be really bad for me aha.

Unfortunately, when the line up is as strong as it is, we're all going to have to expect a few clashes this year.  I think I only had 1 x clash last year, but am expecting quite a few this time around.  

To answer the earlier question, the final set times are only usually announced within about a week prior to the festival starting, so until then, whilst Clashfinder is great for getting us all excited, as someone else said, take it with a pinch of salt.  I wish it was 12th July today, and not the 12th May!!!

3 hours ago, Jcs1990 said:

Anyone flown to Reus before and stopped at Barcelona for a night before getting the train down Monday morning? Is reus a taxi job from the airport?  Looks quite pricey and can't find coaches/trains  

Stay in Salou, then get the train the next day down from Salou to Benicassim - far cheaper and easier than going up to Barca, then coming back down on yourself the next day.  Reus/Salou is about 1hr 30min south of Barca, halfway to Benicassim.  Loads of cheap hotels in Salou, and it's a decent night out, if you have time to.

2 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

I had a look at last years clashfinders and they were all last edited on 1st/2nd July... so presumably that's when the set times were released.

Yes, that sounds about right.  In previous years, they update the 'artist info' page, and add on the specific stage and set times for each act, about 10-14 days prior to festival starting.

2 hours ago, Fan123456789 said:

For the people who normally get the train from Barcelona airport to the festival, is this the correct departure, as there are a number of them from Barcelona??

IMG_1425.PNG

You need Barcelona-Sants station (2nd from bottom on that list)

hey guys,

found some train tickets on trainline.eu. from madrid > valencia > benicassim. Prices are not too bad which works out to be around 40 euros. We were planning on booking these train tickets early June. Do people think that is too late? Do they get sold out? possibly book them in around 2 weeks.

Cheers

Hi guys!

First time going to Benicassim this year.. travelling from England with my boyfriend!

We have all of our travel booked but I was just wondering what the best locker is to buy? Ideally want 2 charging ports and enough space to store 2 passports and travel documents whilst we are not in our tent :)

Appreciate the help!

Chels x