Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

6 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Regards the announcement, I seem to remember previous day splits posters with "...and more" at the bottom, so today may well not be the end of it.

Yeah last year there were a bunch of good announcements post day splits (soulwax, the kills, the coral etc.), though we have about 10 more acts than the day splits last time. Hope the acts and announcements keep coming, it'll be boring if the close the line-up today. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big electronic band.

Indie legends to make happy the guitar lovers.

2000s Scottish band that I didn't even know they were still active.

Dark electronic pop band always good to have.

Plus more smaller British and Spanish bands

BTW, Thursday looks great :)

19 minutes ago, JBVelas said:

Big electronic band.

Don't know who you are but i'll bite;

• Big electronic band. Goldfrapp
  • Indie legends to make happy the guitar lovers. Dinosaur Jr
  • 2000s Scottish band that I didn't even know they were still active. Franz Ferdinand/Travis
  • Dark electronic pop band always good to have. London Grammar
Edited by gregory

The ever "reliable" fiber leaks have just posted a picture of a Heineken and a dinosaur

Dinosaur Jr, totally enormous extinct dinosaur or dinosaur pile up.......or none haha

31 minutes ago, JBVelas said:

Big electronic band.

Bjork?!

Ocean Colour Scene?

Glasvegas?

London Grammar?

Seminal alt-rock pioneers DINOSAUR JR. will make a welcome to return to Benicàssim 10 years on from headlining the festival. Back with the original line up of J Mascis, Lou Barlow and Murph, expect  a few new songs alongside classic tracks like Freak Scene and Feel the Pain.

Boundary pushing 2MANYDJS (dj set) will delight their legions of fans when they get behind the decks at FIB for what’s bound to be a highlight of the weekend.

Toronto’s AUSTRA bring the divine, lush and sweetly addictive electro pop of recent album Future Politics to Benicàsssim.Dundee whippersnappers THE VIEW will join us to celebrate 10 years of rollicking tunes since the release of ”Hats off to the Buskers”.

Two of our favourite new bands will make their Benicàssim debuts; THE SHERLOCKS, the missing link between The Jam and Arctic Monkeys, will give Fibers a chance to hear tracks like “Live for the Moment” and ”Will You Be There?“ from their hotly anticipated debut album.

DESPERATE JOURNALIST bring their wonderful new album “Grow Up” with nods to The Smiths and Savages in its shimmering post-punk tunes and powerful guitar pop.

Elsewhere there’s thrilling roots rock and garage punk from Philadelphia’s amazing RON GALLO, a banging DJ set from Danish house and techno wizard KÖLSCH, Spain’s most explosive new indie band VIVA SUECIA and new singer songwriter ELLA RAE to complete the latest additions who’ll be appearing at FIB Benicàssim between the 13 & 16th of July.

1 minute ago, Toto Schillaci said:

This is a great announcement, what a lineup. Plenty of different acts to choose from, lots of variety!

Totally agree - I don't get all the moaning/whinging!!!  How much did you pay for your ticket again?  I'm pleased with Dinosaur Jr, The View & Too Many DJ's

1 minute ago, andytommo said:

Totally agree - I don't get all the moaning/whinging!!!  How much did you pay for your ticket again?  I'm pleased with Dinosaur Jr, The View & Too Many DJ's

It's the best lineup they've had in years. People moan all the time, it's the British way. This announcement covers a few genres. There's at least 20 acts I want to see, for what, £120?