Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the special guest usually a big dance act who closes the festival a la Placebo & Massive Attack of previous years? If that's the case I am hoping for Underworld.

......or Leftfield, or Orbital perhaps???  Maybe even Primal Scream???

14 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

I missed Leftfield last time , would give me left ston to see them 

Just seen that Orbital are headlining Blue Dot Festival at Jodrell Bank, the weekend before Beni.  I'd settle for a bit of that, for last act up on Sunday night at FIB!!!

Would be amazing if someone that big was still left to be announced.  I'm still reeling from Biffy to be honest.  Not that I love them, but wouldn't have thought there would be that big an act still left to come out.  So if there were another one then I'm not sure I'd be able to cope with it all.  I'm feeling like I might collapse.

Leon Bridges, The Coral and Mystery Jets among othes added to the Latitude line up, The Coral are probably unlikely after playing last year. Would love to see Leon Bridges added, been a fan for a while but he's never done anything I've been at, would certainly add a bit of variety, but would he go down well with the Beni crowd?

Mystery Jets would be worth a watch too, and according to my 30 second research haven't played since 2009. Jesus & The Mary Chain were added as well so there are going to be some crossovers.

I see the Clashfinder has been updated.  No idea how accurate it is outside of the things we definitely know (Chilli's and Biffy Saturday and Foals / Los Planetas Friday) but looks like a good spread on there across the 4 days now.  Really pleased with the strength of it.  Great stuff. 

5 hours ago, HappyWednesday said:

I see the Clashfinder has been updated.  No idea how accurate it is outside of the things we definitely know (Chilli's and Biffy Saturday and Foals / Los Planetas Friday) but looks like a good spread on there across the 4 days now.  Really pleased with the strength of it.  Great stuff. 

I was looking for Honne on there because I love 'em but couldn't find them, looks like there are quite a few acts who haven't been added yet, not too sure why.

I will take that downvote as a resounding "no" then. :lol:

I'd like to see The Wombats on the lineup somewhere. That's not based on anything other than that they're free at the time and touring somewhat though. Would be a good addition.

12 hours ago, scanerack said:

As I said earlier, Underworld will be the special guests.

Keyboard warriors at the ready with the negative marks....

You know where you heard it first...

Karl Hyde x

Hope you are right 

What is the chance of someone like father john misty, mountain goats or people like mac demarco, homeshake playing. Or even some garagey stuff like car seat headrest or alvvays. i'd love a bit more variety with some psychedelic acts playing. I have no idea how many more acts will be announced so i'd love to know someone's insight on it. 

On 29/04/2017 at 2:46 PM, scanerack said:

As I said earlier, Underworld will be the special guests.

Keyboard warriors at the ready with the negative marks....

You know where you heard it first...

Karl Hyde x

That would be brilliant!!! Fingers crossed.

We're staying in Benicassim but we're looking at places to go and visit during the day.

Can anyone recommend places or things to see / visit with an hour and a half car or train journey?

We've already planned to go to Valencia and that water park. 

It can be anything from sights, places with nice beaches, towns etc.

Thanks

Edited by watpoae

9 minutes ago, watpoae said:

We're staying in Benicassim but we're looking at places to go and visit during the day.

Can anyone recommend places or things to see / visit with an hour and a half car or train journey?

We've already planned to go to Valencia and that water park. 

It can be anything from sights, places with nice beaches, towns etc.

Thanks

Valencia and the water park is what we do every year. You might find that's enough once the festival gets started if you need a few hours to recover after each night. There's some decent restaurants in Castellon and random quirky places if you go in land.