Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy they're pulling out acts of Biffys pedigree at this late stage! Couple of other bands I'll go to see as well, was expecting a few more names/day splits though but this will tide me over for a while :D

Edited by alexlloyd

Brilliant - I have seen both Temples & the Mary Chain on their respective UK tours this month, and both were brilliant, so I'm well chuffed with today's announcements.  Not a massive Biffy or Y&Y fan, but plenty of people are, so this is good news for the festival overall.  Decent under-card additions as well, with the likes of La Casa Azul, Dream Wife, Joe C.  

It's looking stronger and stronger, so roll on July!!!

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

Very happy they're pulling out acts of Biffys pedigree at this late stage! Couple of other bands I'll go to see as well, was expecting a few more names/day splits though but this will tide me over for a while :D

I wouldn't imagine it will be too long before the day splits are announced, as they can start selling any 1/2/3 day tickets until the days listings are all agreed

8 minutes ago, andytommo said:

I wouldn't imagine it will be too long before the day splits are announced, as they can start selling any 1/2/3 day tickets until the days listings are all agreed

That's true! Fingers crossed it's coming soon then they won't have much time to sell these day tickets otherwise! I'm really happy with the line up, there's at leats 20 acts I'll want to see, and with this not being the final announcement there's still time for optimism on future additions :D

12 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

That's true! Fingers crossed it's coming soon then they won't have much time to sell these day tickets otherwise! I'm really happy with the line up, there's at leats 20 acts I'll want to see, and with this not being the final announcement there's still time for optimism on future additions :D

This is my 6th year on the spin, and it's definitely the best line-up for me personally over these years.  For me, there's also over 20 acts that I really want to see, and that's with a third/quarter still TBA.  The big problem for me this year is there's going to be a number of serious clashes, I'd imagine, but that's the sign of a strong line-up.  They've well and truly delivered this year, albeit we've had to wait a bit to get here, but then it is the same very year with FIB....they never let you down!!! :D

18 minutes ago, andytommo said:

This is my 6th year on the spin, and it's definitely the best line-up for me personally over these years.  For me, there's also over 20 acts that I really want to see, and that's with a third/quarter still TBA.  The big problem for me this year is there's going to be a number of serious clashes, I'd imagine, but that's the sign of a strong line-up.  They've well and truly delivered this year, albeit we've had to wait a bit to get here, but then it is the same very year with FIB....they never let you down!!! :D

to be honest fella we are just FiB bitches . I quite fancy seeing Years and Years good pop music , hands in the air , red wine running into my armpit , can't wait

23 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Yeah the friends im going with have been twice each but it'll be my first time. Quite surprised with  how happy I am with it really, for me personally I'd have been underwhelmed with last years headliners/special guest. 

I didnt realise there was so much still to come! If they want to give the day tickets two months to sell it'll have to be announced in the next couple of weeks, and surely they won't expect day tickets to sell well if it's less than that.

17 minutes ago, gregory said:

Did it have any other nuggests of info? The Spanish one didn't say anything like that

Nope, the rest of it was just information about the newly added acts