Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Cian T said:

Hi all,

First time going to Benicassim and we need to find transport from Barcelona to Beni and then back after the weekend.

what would you say is the best (cheapest!) way of getting over to Benicassim from Barcelona?

thank you!

Cheapest and least hassle way is the official (FIB) or unofficial (EUFest) airport > festival shuttle coach transfers which run from Barcelona Airport Mon-Thu, then back from Benicassim on Mon (17th).  

Official - http://fiberfib.com/en/la-llegada.php#llegar

Unofficial - https://www.eufest.com/festivals/beni/transport

Hi, it's my first time at beni this year, I have a couple questions. 

I bought two tickets but the person I was originally going with is no longer coming so I'm bringing someone else, but the name on the eticket is the name of the person I was initially going with. Has anyone else dealt with this in previous years?  Do I need to change the name?

Also has anyone been in the campfest glamping? We have an easy tent for two people, any idea of what size this is likely to be? Typical two man or bigger? What's the atmosphere like at this site? 

Anyone got any good taxi companies from/to Valencia airport? I found one online quoted a return at €160ish, we figured this would save us the business and rush of the coaches. Anyone booked taxis for their transfers before?

Thanks!! 

30 minutes ago, rubyl said:

I bought two tickets but the person I was originally going with is no longer coming so I'm bringing someone else, but the name on the eticket is the name of the person I was initially going with. Has anyone else dealt with this in previous years?  Do I need to change the name? They don't even look at the name, we've bought tickets off other people before with no problem.

Also has anyone been in the campfest glamping? We have an easy tent for two people, any idea of what size this is likely to be? Typical two man or bigger? What's the atmosphere like at this site? Pretty standard two man tent I'm afraid - http://theglamping.com/easytentseng.html Friends camped in the 'Glamping' bit previously, it's ok, not massively rowdy, although it's right near the bar tent if you want a bit of atmosphere. As previous advice - invest in a cool box and get ice from supermarket every day, don't bring a plastic-y sleeping bag, just bring a duvet cover to sleep under and an airbed and sheet too (they only give you a camping roll/yoga mat) - you can get these in town if you don't want to carry them from Blighty.

Anyone got any good taxi companies from/to Valencia airport? I found one online quoted a return at €160ish, we figured this would save us the business and rush of the coaches. Anyone booked taxis for their transfers before? That seems cheap for a taxi, it's usually over 100 euros each way. We fly from Valencia and I'd recommend the bus though, you literally walk out of arrivals and there's a person waiting and the bus immediately in front of you, the official ones drop you at the entrance to the festival too, couldn't be simpler (assuming the timings work out with your flight, if not look at the EU Fest buses too as previous posts) - stick the 80 euro saving towards making your camping experience more comfortable as above.

Thanks!! 

43 minutes ago, rubyl said:

I bought two tickets but the person I was originally going with is no longer coming so I'm bringing someone else, but the name on the eticket is the name of the person I was initially going with. Has anyone else dealt with this in previous years?  Do I need to change the name?

Also has anyone been in the campfest glamping? We have an easy tent for two people, any idea of what size this is likely to be? Typical two man or bigger? What's the atmosphere like at this site? 

Anyone got any good taxi companies from/to Valencia airport? I found one online quoted a return at €160ish, we figured this would save us the business and rush of the coaches. Anyone booked taxis for their transfers before?

Thanks!! 

I imagine you should be ok with the ticket as long as if it's for someone's 18+ they have ID for it for the right wristband. My friend last year bought a ticket off a mate and never changed the name and was fine. 

Check hoppa for taxis but coaches seem the cheapest option and if you pre book it it shouldn't be too much hassle as you're guaranteed to be on the coach and stuff.

20 minutes ago, silver_fox said:

Hi All,

First time going Beni. Can someone suggest the best method to get to Beni from Madrid. We're flying into madrid on the 12th and have one night there and are leaving for Beni Thursday morning.

Would it be possible to book travel now?

Thank you!

https://www.eufest.com/festivals/beni/transport

48 minutes ago, silver_fox said:

Hi All,

First time going Beni. Can someone suggest the best method to get to Beni from Madrid. We're flying into madrid on the 12th and have one night there and are leaving for Beni Thursday morning.

Would it be possible to book travel now?

Thank you!

I have the same roadmap as you, but going from Madrid to Beni on the July 12.
Planning to buy the train ticket at renfe.com. As for now they are unavailable for July, but considering June prices it will cost around 32 EUR, journey time is 3h19m - 4h15m, depending on train.

8 minutes ago, andytommo said:

More names announced next week!!!:rofl:

Beat me to it! Really excited/intrigued to see who they add in this one, day splits would be nice too!

Theres a lot of names I'd love to see on it, Editors and The Amazons are two that are hopefully realistic. But I'd like to have an excuse to watch some rap/dance acts that wouldn't normally be my thing, not sure who's likely though...

Edited by alexlloyd

For once I've got no idea who's gonna be on there other than London Grammar who seems likely. Hopefully at least one heavier band would do me nicely. Praying for Royal Blood on that thursday they've got free but definitely not expecting it aha. I can usually think of a few names it might be at least xD

Edited by Twice

Been checking renfe religiously but looks like they only let you book 8 weeks in advance. Excited about next weeks announcement though, and could see some more overlapping with Latitude's acts. Maybe Temples, Honeyblood & Marika Hackman? That'd do me:)

Edit: With the possibility of a special guest yet to be announced, could their reason for leaving this announcement so late be because they've been working on a near headline-size act to be special guest and they know it'll sell tickets? Maybe I'm reading into it too much but I have a slight feeling they have something big left in the pipeline

Edited by LaMañana

10 hours ago, LaMañana said:

Been checking renfe religiously but looks like they only let you book 8 weeks in advance. Excited about next weeks announcement though, and could see some more overlapping with Latitude's acts. Maybe Temples, Honeyblood & Marika Hackman? That'd do me:)

Edit: With the possibility of a special guest yet to be announced, could their reason for leaving this announcement so late be because they've been working on a near headline-size act to be special guest and they know it'll sell tickets? Maybe I'm reading into it too much but I have a slight feeling they have something big left in the pipeline

I thought we'd established that all headliners have been announced?