Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

37 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Disagree that all the lineup is missing is a bit of 'classic indie'.

Don't Ride/Liam Gallagher/Kasabian/Courteeners/Pete Doherty all fall under this sort of bracket?

Lineup needs more hip hop, Tyler is the only major hip hop act there (Stormzy isn't hip hop). 

As much as I'm a fan, no more lad guitar bands at the expense of someone like Chance or Gambino please.

Word. I'm hoping for some more alternative stuff & hip hop. Or more modern and credible indie; Franz F, Bon Iver, Interpol, Fleet Foxes, Vampire Weekend, Passion Pit, Local Natives, Temper Trap...
These are in a different genre to Ride/Liam Gallagher/Kasabian/Courteeners/Pete Doherty, I guess those acts are English indie-rock, or lad guitar like you said @ConorC. And there's enough of that.
Richard Ashcroft, James, Primal Scream, Manics, Stereophonics, Ocean Colour Scene, Happy Mondays ...that type of music is already represented pretty well this year.  

Edited by gregory

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Line up looking fly to me

Guys regarding shuttlebuses to and from the festival all night from castellon and oropesa - I've booked on unofficial ones in previous years form both Castellon and Oropesa, a quick google search doesn't seem to bring much up on this now though? Have they stopped them?

I thought Beni were doing official shuttle services themselves but the ones on the website only seem to be airport shuttle services, not the all night ones to and from the festival from oropesa and castellon? Am I not finding the right link or have these stopped?

Any info welcome. Cheers

Edited by Al Wallace

3 hours ago, Al Wallace said:

Guys regarding shuttlebuses to and from the festival all night from castellon and oropesa - I've booked on unofficial ones in previous years form both Castellon and Oropesa, a quick google search doesn't seem to bring much up on this now though? Have they stopped them?

I thought Beni were doing official shuttle services themselves but the ones on the website only seem to be airport shuttle services, not the all night ones to and from the festival from oropesa and castellon? Am I not finding the right link or have these stopped?

Any info welcome. Cheers

For Castellon hotel shuttle buses, the info is here ; http://fiberfib.com/en/como-moverse.php - open the Shuttle Bus tab up.  

I've not know FIB official do anything similar for Oropesa/Marina in previous years, but then something tells me I saw something announced recently that they were, for this year.  Possibly a bit too early for this info to be announced.

3 hours ago, andytommo said:

For Castellon hotel shuttle buses, the info is here ; http://fiberfib.com/en/como-moverse.php - open the Shuttle Bus tab up.  

I've not know FIB official do anything similar for Oropesa/Marina in previous years, but then something tells me I saw something announced recently that they were, for this year.  Possibly a bit too early for this info to be announced.

6 hours ago, Al Wallace said:

Any info welcome. Cheers

Yes there are official shuttles from Oropesa , pick up on Playa de Concha , details are on the fiberfib site , searching getting around , buses , shuttle buses , I think , it's there , I've used it , if I wasn't such a fuckwit I'd post the link 

19 hours ago, andytommo said:

Hi mate I saw that before and opened the shuttle bus tab, but when I go to the 'Buy your ticket' and then click the 'In advance from the Fibshop' option it displays 2 options - 'Buses airport to Benicassim' and 'Buses airport to oropesa'.

If i click 'Buses airport to benicassim' option I get 'Transfer', 'Bus Pass' and Shuttle'. Now obviously I'm guessing that the transfer is to and from the airport, bus pass is local bus pass for the few days and shuttle is or should be the nightly shuttle bus, however at the top of the paghe it still reads 'BUSES AIRPORT<->  BENICÀSSIM' which is off putting. It also has a long list of Castellon hotels (I'm not sure if some hotels are in benicassim itself!?) to select from which I'm assuming the shuttlebuses don't all stop at? Just doesn't seem clear at all!?

BTW I also thought something announced regarding oropesa this year, possibly twitter or  something, either wat it looks like we are going from Castellon so any info there will help. Mainly - will the shuttles go forem the beach, the centre or both?

16 hours ago, gedkelly said:

Yes there are official shuttles from Oropesa , pick up on Playa de Concha , details are on the fiberfib site , searching getting around , buses , shuttle buses , I think , it's there , I've used it , if I wasn't such a fuckwit I'd post the link 

Ha see above mate! I found the shuttlebus area it just doesn't seem very clear?

15 hours ago, Bwshkiewowow said:

So is camping here for a younger crowd or is it a more mix? Have a feeling people are going for the hotel option for 100 euro extra!

I camped last year and it was great. I'd heard so much shite about how camping is unbearable due to the heat which personally really wasn't that bad. There is tarpaulin above all the camping areas to provide shade. If you have a preference on where you would like to camp that may be a problem, you get given a spot in which you have no say so if you have mates you want to camp with go in all together. Camping over staying in the hotel was the best decision i made regarding Benicassim. There was a bit of an age mix camping, the majority of campers were young, as you'd imagine but there was a mix. 

6 hours ago, Al Wallace said:

Hi mate I saw that before and opened the shuttle bus tab, but when I go to the 'Buy your ticket' and then click the 'In advance from the Fibshop' option it displays 2 options - 'Buses airport to Benicassim' and 'Buses airport to oropesa'.

If i click 'Buses airport to benicassim' option I get 'Transfer', 'Bus Pass' and Shuttle'. Now obviously I'm guessing that the transfer is to and from the airport, bus pass is local bus pass for the few days and shuttle is or should be the nightly shuttle bus, however at the top of the paghe it still reads 'BUSES AIRPORT<->  BENICÀSSIM' which is off putting. It also has a long list of Castellon hotels (I'm not sure if some hotels are in benicassim itself!?) to select from which I'm assuming the shuttlebuses don't all stop at? Just doesn't seem clear at all!?

BTW I also thought something announced regarding oropesa this year, possibly twitter or  something, either wat it looks like we are going from Castellon so any info there will help. Mainly - will the shuttles go forem the beach, the centre or both?

Ha see above mate! I found the shuttlebus area it just doesn't seem very clear?

If you are in Oropesa chose the Playa de la Concha option , that's the main beach , which part are you having issue with mate , if I can help give me a shout 

11 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

have we all peaked too early , its gone awfully quiet

Nothing to talk about pal, one less than amazing announcement in the last 3 months, nothing to shout about.

I think there'll be an announcement in the next 10 days (was one last year Thu 7th Apr) :) 

Has anyone checked the FIB instagram account? They uploaded another version of the line-up poster. It makes it look like The Weeknd and Kasabian are playing on the same day as their names are next to each other like Foals, Los Planetas and Deadmau5 are. So do you think there is still another main headliner to come? 

Also how many people recommend catching a bus with eufest from Madrid over the train?

1 minute ago, Geoffery Ferguson said:

Has anyone checked the FIB instagram account? They uploaded another version of the line-up poster. It makes it look like The Weeknd and Kasabian are playing on the same day as their names are next to each other like Foals, Los Planetas and Deadmau5 are. So do you think there is still another main headliner to come? 

Also how many people recommend catching a bus with eufest from Madrid over the train?

I think the instagram poster was like that just to fit in a square shape, sadly. By all accounts we've got our headliners.

I'm gonna go for the train from Madrid, if I can get one of the first cheap tickets. If not, bus'll do, but it's 40£/€ (can't remember which) 

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Nothing to talk about pal, one less than amazing announcement in the last 3 months, nothing to shout about.

I think there'll be an announcement in the next 10 days (was one last year Thu 7th Apr) :) 

I got no issue with the line up so far, as for announcements it always puzzles me why they drag their arse so . Loads must have dived in on Madcool when Foo's announced .

I thought we were probably sorted for the headlines , but still a lot of names to come which will consist mainly of local DJ's but with some good names checked in the mix , I hope

25 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

I got no issue with the line up so far, as for announcements it always puzzles me why they drag their arse so . Loads must have dived in on Madcool when Foo's announced .

I thought we were probably sorted for the headlines , but still a lot of names to come which will consist mainly of local DJ's but with some good names checked in the mix , I hope

Last year brought some good late stuff;

• Thu 7th Apr 2016: Jess Glynne, Soulwax, The Kills, The Coral, Rat Boy, Dan Deacon, Walking on Cars, Little Simz, Mr Oizo, The Magician, John Talabot, Ryan Hemsworth
  • Tue 10th May 2016: Echo and the Bunnymen, Band Of Skulls, The Soft Moon, Breakbot, Tijuana Panthers

Day split and clashes depending I'm really happy with the line up there's definitely a weekends worth of acts for me. 

Would be nice to finish off the announcements with a couple of exciting acts though, don't know which/if all of Fleet Foxes/Bon Iver/Royal Blood/Two Door/Alt-J are ruled out but an act of that size would be great. I think the line up is relatively diverse but there's definitely a lot of stuff I'm comfortable with/would pay to go see at a solo show. I'd welcome some credible dance acts or someone like Frank Ocean/Childish Gambino/Run The Jewels/Chance who I wouldn't normally go to see, but sure I would enjoy in the sun with an Estrella! Maybe even Lorde... she's at Rock Werchter but it looks like I'll miss her due to clashes. 

Looks like Lollapalooza Paris has completed its line up and that's the week after... I know some will be ruled out but The Hives, Imagine Dragons, London Grammar, Alt-J, Pixies, Editors, Tom Odell would all be nice additions for me! (There could be more, there's a lot of that line up I don't recognise). 

IMG_8743.PNG

7 hours ago, gregory said:

There's been 2 x great announcements made during the last couple of months Gregory.  Did you miss the one during the last week in January?  What exactly were you expecting from the Benicassim line-up this year?  It already seems a decent balance of genres, headliners, subs, new acts, and very reflective of the sort of billing that FIB has been running with for the last few years, in my opinion.

39 minutes ago, andytommo said:

There's been 2 x great announcements made during the last couple of months Gregory.  Did you miss the one during the last week in January?  What exactly were you expecting from the Benicassim line-up this year?  It already seems a decent balance of genres, headliners, subs, new acts, and very reflective of the sort of billing that FIB has been running with for the last few years, in my opinion.

Agreed. For me we are just missing a bit of nostalgia and 2 or 3 current acts. Then throw in the locals and we are there.

The problem with these things is everyone has different tastes. Some people will be underwhelmed with an announcement, others will feel the opposite. At the end of the day there's always a good 10 acts per taste so everyone will be happy come July.

6 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Would be nice to finish off the announcements with a couple of exciting acts though, don't know which/if all of Fleet Foxes/Bon Iver/Royal Blood/Two Door/Alt-J are ruled out but an act of that size would be great.

Royal blood would make this a dream lineup, looks like they're in Switzerland on Wednesday, Luxembourg on the Friday, France on the saturday and Finland on the sunday. There's a nice Thursday gap there, so I can dream :P 

I think one heavier act like RB and someone like Chance the Rapper are all that the lineup needs at this point. Heavier acts are definitely lacking IMO.

19 minutes ago, Twice said:

I think one heavier act like RB and someone like Chance the Rapper are all that the lineup needs at this point. Heavier acts are definitely lacking IMO.

Agreee 100%. Would be pleased if any of Chance/Frank/Sampha/AndersonPaak were added. 

1 hour ago, andytommo said:

There's been 2 x great announcements made during the last couple of months Gregory.  Did you miss the one during the last week in January?  

Yes, forgot the Kasabian one was in January, though that announcement was very weak for me haha. The one in March was okay though :) 

It's all about individual tastes isn't it. I'll have fun at FIB regardless, there's plenty of stages and some lovely ocean, but doesn't mean I can't wish for the bands I love ;)