Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

A little more info;

EG Presents / Goldenvoice today announces the launch of Demon Dayz – a one-day festival extravaganza curated by Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett – which will debut at Dreamland amusement park in Margate on Saturday 10 June, 2017, this year featuring Gorillaz in the headline slot.

With three stages and an eclectic line-up to be announced soon, plus free admission to the amusement park, Demon Dayz marks Gorillaz’ welcome return to the live stage, their first UK show since the sold out Plastic Beach World Tour of 2010.

For its inaugural year, Demon Dayz has joined creative forces with Red Bull. This collaboration will see the festival broadcast live and exclusively to the world through Red Bull TV. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/5/2017 at 0:23 AM, gregory said:

No, but I will be doing this this year. Tickets aren't on sale yet, but are normally around €40 Madrid-Benic it seems, or €8 Madrid-Valencia which i'll probably try buy and then get another single from Valencia - Beni. Prices may be higher that week though. 

Anyone done the trip before?

Yeah - I did it on coach the other year.

It says it's about 5 hours but it took about 3 1/2. Our flight back was at 12pm so we had to get the 3am coach, ended up at the airport before 7am. School boy error but better to be early than late.

23 minutes ago, ConorC said:

I get that, but the fact that it's been posted in here implies that people think they're possible for Beni, no?

Not really. People were saying Arctic Monkeys on here for the past 4 years despite the fact they weren't touring and publicly said they were having a break. Just because Joe Bloggs writes something on a forum doesn't automatically make it a rumour unless it has substance. I'm not saying it won't, I don't know, and I hope it does, but if they have said themselves that they aren't doing festivals this year that's all we have to go off. Maybe if I put it on Twitter it will become true.

Any suggestions as to when the next announcement will be? Surely next week?

25 minutes ago, ConorC said:

I get that, but the fact that it's been posted in here implies that people think they're possible for Beni, no?

I think it was because most people thought they weren't doing live shows this year , I think Rob da Bank is quoted as saying as much , and now they have announced a date some people are kind of hopeful they might add more

17 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

I think it was because most people thought they weren't doing live shows this year , I think Rob da Bank is quoted as saying as much , and now they have announced a date some people are kind of hopeful they might add more

I think he said they're not doing festivals.

The way these super bands are setup now is too big even for arenas, so the likes of stadiums and their own festivals are a way to draw in money on a much larger scale.

Edited by Toto Schillaci

1 minute ago, Toto Schillaci said:

He said they're not doing festivals.

The way these super bands are setup now is too big even for arenas, so the likes of stadiums and their own festivals are a way to draw in money on a much larger scale.

if we are having a "biggie" I want the Stone Roses but RHCP and Kasabian are massive so I am not really holding my breath for the SR

8 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

I think he said they're not doing festivals.

Playing 10,000 capacity Margate is not going to draw the big money in ;) lol. The RedBull sponsorship might though

1 hour ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Not really. People were saying Arctic Monkeys on here for the past 4 years despite the fact they weren't touring and publicly said they were having a break. Just because Joe Bloggs writes something on a forum doesn't automatically make it a rumour unless it has substance. I'm not saying it won't, I don't know, and I hope it does, but if they have said themselves that they aren't doing festivals this year that's all we have to go off. Maybe if I put it on Twitter it will become true.

Any suggestions as to when the next announcement will be? Surely next week?

This sounds like you're just agreeing with what I'm saying so I'm not sure where the confusion is.

9 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Huh?

Anyway. Has anyone had anything back from FIB recently re announcements? Ged?

nothing mate , I usually get a "working on it " or a cheeky non committal "hopefully soon" but nothing mate

14 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Do you think they have a random response generator or a wheel of fortune type approach :lol:

Surely the delay stalls ticket sales.

its puzzled me for years why they drag their arse so much , get the names out there and sell the fest . Would be interesting to see if there is a determined policy as to why they do what they do  

35 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

its puzzled me for years why they drag their arse so much , get the names out there and sell the fest . Would be interesting to see if there is a determined policy as to why they do what they do  

It never sells out and the delay must be a big factor as to why. One of, if not the top reason of going to any festival is the lineup.

1 minute ago, Toto Schillaci said:

It never sells out and the delay must be a big factor as to why. One of, if not the top reason of going to any festival is the lineup.

i think they rely on it being a holiday too , I spoke to someone at FiB about the headliners at Madcool and they said "but we have a beach "

yes they do , and it fantastic , we are on our 8th holiday to the FiB but a line up does help !!!

As from today you can buy through the FIBERFIB web, the new airport transfer service to Alicante, Barcelona, Castellon, Reus and Valencia to the  Marina D´or resort in Oropesa. Good news for the 1000´s of fibbers that every year stay at the Oropesa holiday resort 11 km from Benicassim.

And........... maybe the best news for all the visitors of the FIB staying at Oropesa, we are proud to announce the Shuttle service (after 8 years, "danespfib" in conjunción with mediterraneo holidays) it is NOW the OFFICIAL FIB Shuttle service and will drop and pick you up from the INSIDE AREA, just 20/30 meters from the gates.

The shuttle service will have THREE departure points for the areas of Marina Dor - La Concha Beach - Playa de Morro de Goss  (full information will be found in the danespfib website)  also available or purchase through the FIBERFIB web