Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

44 minutes ago, MichaelSergent said:

Just a quick question, I'm sure somebody has an idea? This is my third time at Beni, but the first time we have flown into Castellon airport, what's the best way to get to the campsite from there as struggling to find anything remotely reasonable?!

Thanks

The train will cost next to nothing 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the Daft Punk rumours of touring again have re-surfaced.  Wonder what the chances are of them at Beni?  Positives are their collaboration with the Weeknd and the fact that most other European festivals have named all their headliners now.  Negative is that they would cost a fortune.  Reckon it's a possibility though?

In need of help if possible! We're on the verge of booking a hotel and ticket in Castellon - are there suitable shuttles/taxis available or are we likely to be left stranded at the festival site afterwards? Also - what about Orpesa Del Mar (Marina d'Or) - are there any forms of shuttles which run there after the festival has finished for the night? Any help hugely appreciated

25 minutes ago, dannylrq said:

In need of help if possible! We're on the verge of booking a hotel and ticket in Castellon - are there suitable shuttles/taxis available or are we likely to be left stranded at the festival site afterwards? Also - what about Orpesa Del Mar (Marina d'Or) - are there any forms of shuttles which run there after the festival has finished for the night? Any help hugely appreciated

Dont know about Castellon but stayed at Oropesa del Mar (Marina d'or is a good 2-3km further up the coast) We got the last train to Benicasim every evening at about 7.30pm which was great as quick and cheap but and it is a big but, we opted for taxis at the end of the night at about 3am and the queues were ridiculous 2-3 hours ... I did hear that you can get a shuttle bus from Oropesa that picks up at different hotels along the way so i would defo suggest doing that . Marina d'or also does the shuttle bus.

Sorry that can't be more helpful but sure others will

On 12/01/2017 at 0:00 PM, dannylrq said:

The official shuttles run a limited fixed timetable from Castellon to the festival early evening, and then back to a Castellon during the night. Every hour or two, I think. Had friends who stayed in Castellon 2 years ago and did this, however last year they opted to pay more for their hotels and stayed in Beni.

On 11/01/2017 at 4:47 PM, MichaelSergent said:

Just a quick question, I'm sure somebody has an idea? This is my third time at Beni, but the first time we have flown into Castellon airport, what's the best way to get to the campsite from there as struggling to find anything remotely reasonable?!

Thanks

Get a cab is your best option. Cost us approx €55-€60 each way last year, and takes about 30-35 minutes to Benicassim. As others have said, there's nothing at the airport, and is in the middle of nowhere. It's as close to Beni, as it is to Castellon town.

4 minutes ago, andytommo said:

The official shuttles run a limited fixed timetable from Castellon to the festival early evening, and then back to a Castellon during the night. Every hour or two, I think. Had friends who stayed in Castellon 2 years ago and did this, however last year they opted to pay more for their hotels and stayed in Beni.

Here you go - found this on the website - click on shuttle buses http://www.fiberfib.com/en/como-moverse.php 

1 minute ago, Javison4 said:

whats the chances of these artists?

The Strokes

Catfish and the Bottlemen

Chase and Status

The Courteeners

thanks

I'm really hoping for The Strokes, they're doing three Lollapaloozas in South America in March but haven't announced any European dates yet.

Catfish were there last year so I'm assuming no chance(?), from what other people are saying Courteeners are highly likely. Chase & Status haven't been there since '14 so I suppose they could be in with a shout too. 

2 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I'm really hoping for The Strokes, they're doing three Lollapaloozas in South America in March but haven't announced any European dates yet.

Catfish were there last year so I'm assuming no chance(?), from what other people are saying Courteeners are highly likely. Chase & Status haven't been there since '14 so I suppose they could be in with a shout too. 

cheers mate thats helpful. btw you look like Yannis Philippakis

2 hours ago, gedkelly said:

I'd rim a goat to see the Hives 

Are they on any Spanish line ups so far? Surely with Bilbao, Mad Cool and primavera having announced a lot more acts than Beni the bigger acts that aren't on their line ups have a good shout at being at Beni? (Liam Gallagher, Editors, Hives(?) etc.) 

2 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Are they on any Spanish line ups so far? Surely with Bilbao, Mad Cool and primavera having announced a lot more acts than Beni the bigger acts that aren't on their line ups have a good shout at being at Beni? (Liam Gallagher, Editors, Hives(?) etc.) 

Be cool to see the Editors too , Liam has an album out soon apparently , could be interesting , I see Glass Animals are about too , loved the last single 

Edited by gedkelly