bands that have split ...better or worse

guypjfreak

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Standout one is Damon Albarn. Gorillaz are great but I still prefer Blur.  Although I'd mostly love to see another The Good, The Bad and The Queen album. 

I have a lot of affection for Blur, but I don't think they ever made an album as good as Demon Days. One of the best records of the naughties.

And Think Tank was decent, but it wasn't a Blur album. Not really.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

On 17/07/2016 at 0:30 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Not exactly the lead singer, but Battles were never the same after losing Tyondai Braxton. Hard to tell with only one album under their belts with V1. Their music since always seemed to have. Tyondai shaped hole and his solo stuff always seemed to have a Battles shaped hole.

Talking of one album wonders, I've always been fond of Vince Clarke era Depeche Mode.

And of course, we all know the Stones were never as good as with Mick Taylor.

I think it should be recognised (which should be easily done) that John Stanier is the man when you talk about Battles. I saw them play yesterday, funnily enough - absolutely monstrous live band. 

25 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I have a lot of affection for Blur, but I don't think they ever made an album as good as Demon Days. One of the best records of the naughties.

And Think Tank was decent, but it wasn't a Blur album. Not really.

I know who I preferred as headliners though, Stu. 

Edited by Woffy
Spelling.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Y'all seem to be discussing unrelated topics in the Ratt thread

7706879_orig.jpg

1) Lay it Down

2) Round and Round

3) Way Cool Jr

4) Slip of the Lip

5) You're In Love (let's see...we did one called "you're in trouble" on our multi-platinum debut...let's go with "You're In Love" on the follow-up)

6) Wanted Man "and by the neck...you will hang..it's your neck from this Ratt gang..." (Dylan couldn't have come up with that one)      

7) You Think You're Tough (from an earlier EP)

8 - Never Use Love

9)  (tie)  - She Wants Money & Dangerous But Worth the Risk

10) Ratt in Mi Kitchen

Edited by tevaburger

Deep Purple and Yes have covered pretty much all possible options of solo efforts, splits and reunion variants, haven't way?

Never heard of Ratt. Thought about googling them for a moment, but it looks like I've been spared something mildly disturbing.

Edited by midnight
typo, always typo...

Bucks Fizz! Never has a band so shit endured so much animosity.

This documentary is borderline Spinal Tap but well worth 40 minutes of your time. It's inexplicable to me that the band has a major falling out with the megalomaniac lead singer of Dollar while on tour in the Falklands, but apparently it happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2dAMA3R4pA

Best ever replacement I thought was Brian Johnson after Bon Scott died. Not a clone of the previous singer, but somebody a bit different who was perfect for the job. I haven't heard them with Axl Rose but people tell me he is alright.

Karl Wallinger and World Party were quite good for a while after he either left or was kicked out of the Waterboys.

Jack White has been very succesfull in many different set ups.

And probably not that well known on here, but trad band Solas have had six different singers in their 20 year career, all quite different with a distinctive sound, and all good.

23 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Best ever replacement I thought was Brian Johnson after Bon Scott died. Not a clone of the previous singer, but somebody a bit different who was perfect for the job. I haven't heard them with Axl Rose but people tell me he is alright.

Karl Wallinger and World Party were quite good for a while after he either left or was kicked out of the Waterboys.

Jack White has been very succesfull in many different set ups.

And probably not that well known on here, but trad band Solas have had six different singers in their 20 year career, all quite different with a distinctive sound, and all good.

not guns and roses fan ..is it true he hasnt played frontman for years but is on there new tour ??