bands that have split ...better or worse

guypjfreak

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Robert Palmer really came into his own after Vinegar Joe split. 

So that's a double isn't it...Robert Palmer leaving, then Elkie Brooks too, both having much more successful careers after they left the band.

Similar circumstances: Peter Gabriel leaving Genesis, to much solo success, band with even greater success replacing him with Phil Collins, who then leaves to even greater success, band don't survive their third lead singer (Can't even remember his name) 

8 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

So that's a double isn't it...Robert Palmer leaving, then Elkie Brooks too, both having much more successful careers after they left the band.

Similar circumstances: Peter Gabriel leaving Genesis, to much solo success, band with even greater success replacing him with Phil Collins, who then leaves to even greater success, band don't survive their third lead singer (Can't even remember his name) 

that not bad going with Genesis old son 1 band and 3 singers lol Ray Wilson  the last singer ...[ i looked it up lol ]

Jane's Addiction were utterly remarkable until their '91 split.

Even though some of the spin-offs were decent enough, they hardly matched what had gone before and by the time Jane's reformed, it was obvious, any mojo they had was well and truly lost.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Jane's Addiction were utterly remarkable until their '91 split.

Even though some of the spin-offs were decent enough, they hardly matched what had gone before and by the time Jane's reformed, it was obvious, any mojo they had was well and truly lost.

this song in particular was so hilariously shite

5 hours ago, laps100 said:

Although no where near Doves quality I think Black Rivers made a really good album. Not so keen on Jimi Goodwin's solo work though.

i reckon Doves will be bigger on their comeback than they were before they split. 

Listening to those two acts is like the Battles experience.  Each sounds like it's missing the other.

On 17 July 2016 at 0:05 PM, Gnomicide said:

I'm going to a festival in November, I've just found out the only original member in one of the headliners is the drummer. The drummer! Surely that's just taking the piss.

Fleetwood Mac seem to cope

On 7/17/2016 at 8:45 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

No quite true.  Ratt's one other fan said exactly that.

Though she is Bobby Blotzer's mum.

confession that i was a purchaser and avid listener to their first 2 records and had crush on model on their cover of second record... saw Ozzy/Ratt Hammersmith Odean early 1986, more to see Ratt. i think there was a Motley Crue/Cheap Trick double bill that same month too at the Odeon that I can't deny that i was present at. oh, those teen-aged years, going from Springsteen's first Wembley Stadium gig to those metal bands just 8 months later...

as for 'one other fan', very few bands at 2016 Glastonbury can claim to have 2 individual albums to have sold as many as Ratt's 2 biggest sold...do New Order even have a record that sold as many as "Invasion of Your Privacy"?

Heard joke once.

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain.

Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great glam rock band Ratt is in town tonight. Go and see them. That should pick you up."

Man bursts into tears.

Says, "But doctor...I am Bobby Blotzer.”

1 hour ago, tevaburger said:

confession that i was a purchaser and avid listener to their first 2 records and had crush on model on their cover of second record... saw Ozzy/Ratt Hammersmith Odean early 1986, more to see Ratt. i think there was a Motley Crue/Cheap Trick double bill that same month too at the Odeon that I can't deny that i was present at. 

Same but Manc Apollo. Ozzy was pretty poor if I remember correctly but Jake E Lee was marvellous and somehow kept it afloat.