bands that have split ...better or worse

guypjfreak

So basically this is about singers that have left there bands to make another band and bands that are still going with out their original singers and if there better or worse for the fact ....

just a bit of fun and im wandering just how many bands have split from their front man and where both have continued to performed..

The Artic Monkeys ...singer starts new band Shadow Puppets ....Puppets better imo

The Doves ....great band split up now shit

The Verve.....Great band now nowwhere apart from old richy trying to get some new drugs to work [ hes quite good tho but not as good as when with the original band ] imo

Oasis ...On both counts

Pink Floyd ....to a degree

The Stranglers .......hughs good but he was better with the original band ...imo!!!!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That Eddie Vedder fella from Temple of the Dog really went down the pan didn't he?

i was waiting for that one old son ....lol....TOTD was a one off album made after Andrew Wood died and Chriss Cornnel got some music friends together and did this album ...Eddie only sings on a few songs the most famous being hunger strike...if i remember rightly most of the PEARL JAM line up were in different bands ie GreenRiver ...and the amazing MotherLoveBone..

nice try tho old son lol

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm going to a festival in November, I've just found out the only original member in one of the headliners is the drummer. The drummer! Surely that's just taking the piss.

Trigger's Broom springs to mind. Which band?

Van Halen sans DLR. No no no no no...

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Trigger's Broom springs to mind. Which band?

Van Halen sans DLR. No no no no no...

Ratt of all people. When thinking of seeing them, no-one ever said "I don't care who's in the band as long as Bobby Blotzer is still with them".

Luckily I won the tickets so don't really care but wouldn't be happy of I'd shelled out hard earned.

Not exactly the lead singer, but Battles were never the same after losing Tyondai Braxton. Hard to tell with only one album under their belts with V1. Their music since always seemed to have. Tyondai shaped hole and his solo stuff always seemed to have a Battles shaped hole.

Talking of one album wonders, I've always been fond of Vince Clarke era Depeche Mode.

And of course, we all know the Stones were never as good as with Mick Taylor.

4 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

So basically this is about singers that have left there bands to make another band and bands that are still going with out their original singers and if there better or worse for the fact ....

just a bit of fun and im wandering just how many bands have split from their front man and where both have continued to performed..

The Artic Monkeys ...singer starts new band Shadow Puppets ....Puppets better imo

The Doves ....great band split up now shit

The Verve.....Great band now nowwhere apart from old richy trying to get some new drugs to work [ hes quite good tho but not as good as when with the original band ] imo

Oasis ...On both counts

Pink Floyd ....to a degree

The Stranglers .......hughs good but he was better with the original band ...imo!!!!!

The only reason they became Doves was the fact they had all their equipment robbed from Cheeham Hill when they were Sub Sub

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Not exactly the lead singer, but Battles were never the same after losing Tyondai Braxton. Hard to tell with only one album under their belts with V1. Their music since always seemed to have. Tyondai shaped hole and his solo stuff always seemed to have a Battles shaped hole.

Talking of one album wonders, I've always been fond of Vince Clarke era Depeche Mode.

And of course, we all know the Stones were never as good as with Mick Taylor.

Best thing that ever happened to them was Vince Clark leaving. Martin Gore is a better song writer and musician, where as Alan Wilder was far better in the studio.

Joy Division, singer took his own life and band go on to become electro/dance/rock uber gods. Then bass player leaves said band and they go on to create their best work in 20 years.