bands that have split ...better or worse

guypjfreak

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/21/2016 at 5:39 AM, RichardWaller said:

Particularly grateful for Suede cos the first time I saw em was on the Pyramid in 2003 and they were crap, was gutted.

Anyway, back to the point... For me the most obvious one is probably Velvet Underground/Lou Reed. I'm a massive fan of both and it's hard to prioritise.. Hoping for John Cale next year if I can make it, is he legend slot material or not? 

John Cale played in '03 too...did you catch that? I'd have seen him, but I'm sure he was up against REM or Radiohead, so not a chance - nice to be reminded what a classic year that was

16 hours ago, tevaburger said:

John Cale played in '03 too...did you catch that? I'd have seen him, but I'm sure he was up against REM or Radiohead, so not a chance - nice to be reminded what a classic year that was

I didn't and I wish I did. If I remember rightly it was a twat of a clash that night - Radiohead, Super Furry Animals, Chemical Brothers, The Damned and John Cale. I was starting to lose interest in Radiohead around then anyway, can take em or leave em these days. At the time I hardly knew any Cale solo either so may have been wasted on me... Still a load I haven't heard cos he's done that much. Had a ticket for All Tomorrow's Parties that he was supposed to be doing here in Manchester in April.. What a load of shit that turned out to be. Gotta see him soon, no idea how many more chances I'll get..

On 24 July 2016 at 9:48 PM, guypjfreak said:

when i saw Garfunkel  this year he was great when i saw simon he was shit BUT together there great .....cant remember which one it is but i know one wont work with the other lol all todo with £££ no doubt lol .

I loved seeing Art Garfunkel. It was nice hearing him talk about Paul Simon like they're still friends. Well I don't know whether they are or not, read a lot of horrible stuff on both sides in the papers over the years but that's papers, course they get off on sensationalism, it sells. 

That said, have you seen their Rock And Roll Hall of Fame induction? Paul was giving Art the death glare every time the lad opened his gob, it's awkward and amusing at the same time..

But yeah, not too familiar with either solo beyond an obvious few, nowt I've heard either side comes close to them together.