Secret Garden Party Security

Wrightly

Will be heading to SGP for the first time this year. 

For those that have been before, how strict is the security at the gate - is it a proper rummage through your bags, body pat downs etc? Where did people hide their contraband?

I was planning on heading down on Friday morning - would there be queues and searches more rigorous than if I went Thursday evening?

Any other advice on best place to camp, what can't be missed, and other other hints or tips would be appreciated.

On 15/07/2016 at 3:36 PM, Wrightly said:

Will be heading to SGP for the first time this year. 

For those that have been before, how strict is the security at the gate - is it a proper rummage through your bags, body pat downs etc? Where did people hide their contraband?

I was planning on heading down on Friday morning - would there be queues and searches more rigorous than if I went Thursday evening?

Any other advice on best place to camp, what can't be missed, and other other hints or tips would be appreciated.

We went in 2012 and didn't get searched although it was Thursday evening we arrived so pretty busy. Had friends arrived Friday evening who were also ok. It's renowned for being strict though so we may have been lucky..

Great, thanks. I'm now planning on heading down Thursday evening so I'm hoping security will be worn out by then. Do you or anyone else out there have any advice on which campsite - North or East? I hear North is quieter, which is what I'd be looking for.

Edited by Wrightly

I arrived friday last year and the security wasnt too bad with searches. There was a sign saying "sniffer dogs used" but I didnt see any. Didnt come across any pat downs/body searches either. They seem to be pretty on top of alcohol though, theyll search your bag for any bottles/glass that you might be trying to sneak in.