Jamie T

brettredmayne

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be shocked if he wasn't there, but I'm not sure where he'd fit in considering he subbed the Other last time and they tend to have more electronic acts headlining it now. So I'd probably say 3rd on the Pyramid along with headlining Latitude and subbing Reading and Leeds next year

New single is pretty dark and interesting (not as dark and interesting as the video mind, still not sure what I saw), looking forward to hearing the album, particularly if it is more material like the opener which I have to admit had me from the first listen.  

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

New single is pretty dark and interesting (not as dark and interesting as the video mind, still not sure what I saw), looking forward to hearing the album, particularly if it is more material like the opener which I have to admit had me from the first listen.  

Yep.  Really wasn't what I was expecting, in a good way.

5 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I'd rather he played the Other stage, to be honest, the Pyramid crowd just don't have the life in them these days.

Why is that do you suppose?  One of the things I find most frustrating is being able to see the party closer to the stage (and the Other's just as bad) but not being able to get through the crowd of nodding punters to get there!  And it's really hard to get the dancing vibe when everyone around you is chin stroking...

I've no idea, but when I first started going that crowd was really enthusiastic, look at the various videos from 99 of scooby snacks, born slippy, etc and you'll see nothing close to that today.  However the other stage audience, which is a good mix of younger folk and middle aged men in gig t-shirts with frighteningly sunburned necks tends to let themselves go more still.  I've seen some great gigs at both stages, but the crowd is always more my kind of folk at the other.

Oh no doubt, Glade has been my favourite stage in recent years, again quite a middle aged, ex raver feel to the crowd.  Sadly only caught a handful of acts there in passing this year.  That Levellers headline spot there the other year was supposed to be pretty special, I'd love to see someone there who'd challenge my headliner choice again, when it is going off in there it is hard to beat.

That Levellers set has a special place in my heart, but I've waffled about that elsewhere. Extensively.

I love the fact that the Glade plays host to Sunday Morning with Howard Marks (RIP) as well as it does something like Dub Pistols or Levellers.

Yup, or surprisingly fantastic sets attended by a couple of hundred people mid afternoon (such as the great Red Snapper gig of 09 that I have equally waffled about elsewhere).

There is no excuse to be bored at Glastonbury when the Glade is just a few minutes walk from anywhere.  The success of the Spike and, more recently, The woods shows that the festival's evolution has some safe hands on the job.

I think the crowds everywhere this year were in a bit of a low latitude due to the weather and mud.

I don't think I was really anywhere where it properly *went off* - maybe Stormzy, I guess.

And as for footage of people bouncing in the 1990s, that's just what people did in the 1990s.  They went to gigs and bounced.  Could be any old rubbish onstage and folk'd be bouncing up and down on the spot.