Jamie T

brettredmayne

Coldplay made a good fist of getting the crowd going.  I've seen The prodigy try and fail with that "all get down.....now jump" thing in the past, a sight worth seeing only for the disappointment on Maxim's face when absolutely no one co-operated.

Fair comment though, bouncing was very much the 90s way to enjoy a gig, that and trying to stand your ground with your neighbours as the surges hit from the sides.  I miss it greatly.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really expecting feels from Jamie T, to be fair, more a fun gig with good old fashioned bouncing, fist pumping and the ground pumping with the stomp of dancing feet.  Get what you mean though, I'm sure I'd have enjoyed that Adele gig were it not about my (personal) 4th choice option that night.

Yeah Jamie T has to be back, that 2015 set at the Other was fucking awesome! Be gutted if he's on the pyramid, but I'd still be there, front middle. Bouncing... (I'm a 90's girl.)

@spindles @Quark that Levs set 2010 at the Glade. Immense. What a flippen great dance. Good times

3 hours ago, Spindles said:

Coldplay made a good fist of getting the crowd going.  I've seen The prodigy try and fail with that "all get down.....now jump" thing in the past, a sight worth seeing only for the disappointment on Maxim's face when absolutely no one co-operated.

Fair comment though, bouncing was very much the 90s way to enjoy a gig, that and trying to stand your ground with your neighbours as the surges hit from the sides.  I miss it greatly.

i was there for that.  i didn't crouch down because it was sunday and my feet, legs and back were fucked, plus i'm in my 30s.

i saw Jamie T in 2015, i was at a loose end and the others in my group wanted to see him and i wanted to watch Chemical Bros afterwards.  certainly there were a lot of people there enjoying him.  not my thing musically, but it wasn't offensive.  his new single has me reaching to change radio station, though.

Is that new one the single or just the 1st release off the album. He did the same when he dropped Don't You Find before Zombie last time. Likely to hear a more commercial sounding one soon. 

Do we hold Jamie T fully responsible for the abomination that is Ratboy?

5 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Is that new one the single or just the 1st release off the album. He did the same when he dropped Don't You Find before Zombie last time. Likely to hear a more commercial sounding one soon. 

Do we hold Jamie T fully responsible for the abomination that is Ratboy?

Released a video so guess it's the first single 

14 hours ago, jparx said:

Jamie T is hideous to my ears, yet people I respect greatly really like him. I think this is one of those situations where I just have to throw my hands up and accept that I'm out of sync with everyone else!

If another fest get him exclusive like scottie thinks then I think subbing Reading.

Saw him in 2015 and then at Reading on the Sunday, throughly enjoyed both. Hopefully he'll just do what he did in 2015 which was do all the festivals rather than be exclusive to one, obviously early days without hearing the new album but have thing changed that much from last year that he'd go down the exclusive route?

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

On 7/17/2016 at 9:30 AM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Saw him in 2015 and then at Reading on the Sunday, throughly enjoyed both. Hopefully he'll just do what he did in 2015 which was do all the festivals rather than be exclusive to one, obviously early days without hearing the new album but have thing changed that much from last year that he'd go down the exclusive route?

I reckon he would do all the festivals, I managed to snag tickets to his comeback gig in 2014 as the smallest venue I've ever been in, it was the best night of my young life! It's great seeing them on big stages but nothing beats an intimate gig.