The Killers?

Nibble

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think they'd need another Mr Brightside/When You Were Young/Human to be back in the spotlight enough to be considered relevant enough for Glastonbury. Runaways, the last album's lead single, wasn't even close to that level of popularity.

It's not impossible that they'd be booked on the back of another relatively unsuccessful album, but there's no way they're Glastonbury's first choice. Although I hope I'm wrong.

On 7/16/2016 at 0:03 PM, Odessa said:

The band that properly got me into music when I was little managed to put out a second album that I loved even more. It's definitely got the nostalgia aspect helping its case but I genuinely love every song. Plenty of albums you'd probably consider more reputable I love nearly as much (Sound of Silver by LCD, In The Belly Of The Brazen Bull by The Cribs, Relationship of Command by At The Drive-in, Doolittle by Pixies...) but no need to feel sorry for me there.

Out of interest, what's your favourite of all time?

ITBOTBB is one of the best rock albums of the century and not enough people recognise that, so I'm glad you do.

The fucking Killers though....

They're alright The Killers

One of those bands who created a few bangers in a short space of time which they'll inevitably be expected to replicate every time they make a new record.

Good job he's a good looking bastard that Flowers chap though because he can't sing for toffee.

On 22/07/2016 at 0:32 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

ITBOTBB is one of the best rock albums of the century and not enough people recognise that, so I'm glad you do.

The fucking Killers though....

Yeah it's easily their best for me, and I love the lot. 

Saw them last night in Leeds which was pretty special. They've said today it's their favourite gig ever.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I thought they were excellent, can't say i listen to them anymore but it's telling that I still knew the words to most of that, took me until a minute or so into the first song to realise what song it was even though I knew the words :lol: The Killers were the first band I got really into so it was nice to see them again just for the nostalgia. I hope Russy was there to relive that JP set from back in the day.