the mud effect

shuttlep

with it being really muddy this year

do you think it will have the same effect as 2007 had on 2008, as in ticket sales.

2008 it was ridiculously easy to get tickets and I have heard they had some left on the gate (I am not sure if that is true as i didn't attend that year)

do you think it will be easier to get tickets in October after everyone will have seen the mud. and i know it has left me deciding if 2017 would be worth it?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

with it being really muddy this year

do you think it will have the same effect as 2007 had on 2008, as in ticket sales.

2008 it was ridiculously easy to get tickets and I have heard they had some left on the gate (I am not sure if that is true as i didn't attend that year)

do you think it will be easier to get tickets in October after everyone will have seen the mud. and i know it has left me deciding if 2017 would be worth it?

Being an optimist - yes.

Being a realist - doubt it. Adele and Coldplay will likely spike interest. If Ed's announced before ticket day, could be carnage. Bollox.

4 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Being an optimist - yes.

Being a realist - doubt it. Adele and Coldplay will likely spike interest. If Ed's announced before ticket day, could be carnage. Bollox.

I can't believe Edd Shearan would be a big draw

maybe I am old, give me the Pixies any day 

Its going to get worse every year. 07 was easy in comparison (400k tried) to get a ticket as far as I remember. Wasn't until 2009 where it became really tough. Now we have 2 million or something trying each year?

Adele and Coldplay guarantee a tough Sunday morning this October. 

1 minute ago, djdavejohnson said:

I wasn't talking up his talents - check his listening figures! 

P.S. I'm not a huge fan either :)

i see, I will have a look, I can see who he would attract. hes really non offensive and toe tapping music is what he does.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Its going to get worse every year. 07 was easy in comparison (400k tried) to get a ticket as far as I remember. Wasn't until 2009 where it became really tough. Now we have 2 million or something trying each year?

Adele and Coldplay guarantee a tough Sunday morning this October. 

Where do these numbers come from? 2 million seems pretty high. Is that how many people have registered or are actively trying to purchase tickets? 

I think at this point it will always be more or less the same difficulty. Sure, more people might be trying, but the majority of the 'bucket listers' won't be as on the ball as we are. 

I tend to think that the majority of people on here that really are desperate to get tickets end up getting them one way or another! The strength of this community sure helps.

21 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think at this point it will always be more or less the same difficulty. Sure, more people might be trying, but the majority of the 'bucket listers' won't be as on the ball as we are. 

I tend to think that the majority of people on here that really are desperate to get tickets end up getting them one way or another! The strength of this community sure helps.

+1 I've gone every year that I have wanted to so far since 99 if you want to go bad enough you will find a way 

I missed in 2013. I was a lurker then. If I was a regular / regulr-ish poster, I may have asked for help in the resale.

In the end I went to Amsterdam. It was good, but not Glastonbury.

There are 11 weeks or so til t day. The mud will be forgotten.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Won't have much effect. News reports from 2007 showed flooded tents, heavybrain, etc. The mud was thick this year but the tv footage was no way near as dramatic of 2007. Plus festivals are still very much a big summer activity for people. It'll be a quick sell out as normal.

14 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

There are 11 weeks or so til t day. The mud will be forgotten.

I'll be honest I've pretty much forgotten the mud already. Ok not forgotten it, but pretty much over it.

I didn't have wellies this year, haven't looked back since getting walking boots a couple of years ago, but if this year was a really wet year I think my feelings on it would have been very different!

The problem with "mud affect" is that I'm guessing most people can get over mud it's when it rains and muddy that it gets etched in the memories negatively. Personally I think the weather this year is the best festival weather I have had in 10 years of going. Mostly overcast little bit of sun and little bit of rain 

40 minutes ago, M_Il said:

The problem with "mud affect" is that I'm guessing most people can get over mud it's when it rains and muddy that it gets etched in the memories negatively. Personally I think the weather this year is the best festival weather I have had in 10 years of going. Mostly overcast little bit of sun and little bit of rain 

The actual weather was fine but it was slightly challenging to walk about and it would of been nice to have a little sit down occasionally, looks much prettier too without the mud. I thought last year was lovely, was the best for me, wish it could be like that every time. 
Charm x

142h1fb.jpg

Edited by Charm