• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, hamishrankin said:

Fri: Biffy

Sat: Coldplay 

Sun: KOL

Simon did say before anything was announced last year that Biffy would only be playing a handful of festivals in 2016 so in my opinion Biffy weren't passed on by TITP, R&L were always going to come before T for Biffy

Yes, Biffy only played in 2014 at T and as much as they are Scottish etc, they aren't the huge headline act that has been booked for huge outdoor shows like the Arctics, KOL, The Killers etc.

I think Biffy, Coldplay and Green Day.

KOL possibly but GSS more me is more likely, it could be either of then though. If it wasn't for no London show like BST looking very likely then I'd say no for KOL to T completely.

What's your thoughts on Muse possibly playing next year? With them just finishing their album tour there after summer and being at a fair few festivals along the way I can't see it happening myself, as much as I'd like it to happen. 

Gorillaz may be in with a shout, unless they end up going to Glastonbury.

Drake, I doubt as he's since announced another Glasgow date but who knows.

Green day and biffy are shouts I'd say although I doubt Coldplay

17 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Any chance of Jeff Lynnes ELO headlining???

Would definetly get the older crowd back.

I'm in the older crowd and there's absolutely no chance they'd be a big draw.  They were horrific at Glastonbury this year. Move away from strathallen is probably best thing to get the crowds back. When you get a tad older the thought of staying in the T campsite is not appealing

18 hours ago, ac99 said:

What's your thoughts on Muse possibly playing next year? With them just finishing their album tour there after summer and being at a fair few festivals along the way I can't see it happening myself, as much as I'd like it to happen. 

Gorillaz may be in with a shout, unless they end up going to Glastonbury.

Drake, I doubt as he's since announced another Glasgow date but who knows.

Green day and biffy are shouts I'd say although I doubt Coldplay

Low, they finished their Drones tour at the end of summer and are now taking a break before, i can only guess, they start on their next album. 

32 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I'm in the older crowd and there's absolutely no chance they'd be a big draw.  They were horrific at Glastonbury this year. Move away from strathallen is probably best thing to get the crowds back. When you get a tad older the thought of staying in the T campsite is not appealing

hey, that's not fair.

They were note-perfect.

Just so perfect it was all a bit sterile, and no atmosphere, and boring.

:P

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

If you like. :)

'horrific' was far too strong tho, cos they weren't bad. They just didn't do anything to draw you to them, if you get what I mean. It was all a bit flat.

Certainly came across as that.  Sometimes the hype and anticipation of comebacks don't match the actual event. People sometimes forget how bad a band were first time round .

On 10/20/2016 at 7:46 PM, Threestripes said:

Any chance of Jeff Lynnes ELO headlining???

Would definetly get the older crowd back.

Chance? Zero. I think a crowd that ELO would draw back are actually in old folks homes or broon breid. Not the lot that ever went to festivals.

13 hours ago, devilman said:

Chance? Zero. I think a crowd that ELO would draw back are actually in old folks homes or broon breid. Not the lot that ever went to festivals.

Not quite true, tho I'd agree that they'd be much more interest in them from people who don't go to festivals than do, and would a be a tough sell for a multi-day camping fest (tho a little easier for a fest with day tix like T).

They're much better suited to their own shows than festies, i'd say.

Also see: Queen.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Would a Blink/Green Day co-headline be realistic for this btw?

I could see Greenday doing it similar to RHCP last year and it would interest me to be fair, but can't see them going for Blink tbh. Co headliners I'd expect to be a dance act or maybe none this year and maybe like Drake on the Saturday?

36 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Green Day seem like a very safe bet one of the headliners

I thought that but @DownboundTrain52 mentioned something about them pencilling in a Scottish show and dropping it for Leeds Arena so I don't think the 'lack of Scottish show' is a thing anymore. I know you didn't say that and they could still do it anyway but I think that was the main thing people had going for them headlining.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I thought that but @DownboundTrain52 mentioned something about them pencilling in a Scottish show and dropping it for Leeds Arena so I don't think the 'lack of Scottish show' is a thing anymore. I know you didn't say that and they could still do it anyway but I think that was the main thing people had going for them headlining.

Well my assumption on Green Day was largely based on no Scottish show and the fact that they are touring festivals in Europe in the summer. Could the Scottish show have been dropped for Leeds because they were asked to headline TITP?

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

Well my assumption on Green Day was largely based on no Scottish show and the fact that they are touring festivals in Europe in the summer. Could the Scottish show have been dropped for Leeds because they were asked to headline TITP?

Hello, yes, someone say my name? 

From what I know with contacts in SMG, Green Day were pencilled in for a show at the Hydro - but were then snared by Leeds in the booking process by SMG as operator. Whether Green Day were further convinced because of a new Scottish opportunity, I don't know. I'd expect them to line up a Summer Sessions show over T, but the BST timing makes me think that T is the more likely. If they were already booked there, perhaps SMG didn't have to convince GD too much for Leeds in a fiscal sense, they could have pointed out splitting the market in Scotland. (Live at Leeds was probably mentioned since American rock acts love that record.  )

14 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Queen and Adam Lambert would pull a monster crowd at every festival they do, no matter who they're up against.

Like they did at Sonisphere that had to be cancelled?

Like they did at IoW last year that's been trying to negotiate a site discount with the council because it lost so much money?

Do you mean those sorts of monster crowds? :P

On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 8:07 AM, eFestivals said:

Like they did at Sonisphere that had to be cancelled?

Like they did at IoW last year that's been trying to negotiate a site discount with the council because it lost so much money?

Do you mean those sorts of monster crowds? :P

Fair point. Think they'd need strong headliners beside them. But they'd also pull that crowd. It's Queen and folk at festivals love a singalong.