TITP 2017

Fezzy_buzzer

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It's being applied in the wrong place. It should go to the grass roots workshops etc. Glastonbury you could forgive as it promotes all kinds of art. T was just a big fleecing cash cow who stripped everything back to the point they actually had a cheek calling it a festival. An arts grant was about as appropriate as them getting a farm subsidy for having beef burger sellers. They probably winged a subsidy based on the land usage for the rest of the year come to think of it.........

13 hours ago, devilman said:

It's being applied in the wrong place. It should go to the grass roots workshops etc. Glastonbury you could forgive as it promotes all kinds of art. T was just a big fleecing cash cow who stripped everything back to the point they actually had a cheek calling it a festival. An arts grant was about as appropriate as them getting a farm subsidy for having beef burger sellers. They probably winged a subsidy based on the land usage for the rest of the year come to think of it.........

it's a matter of opinion for where it should go, of course, but I'd say that T justified its small grant per-head at least as well as some grass roots stuff currently getting grants might a much bigger grant per-head.

And sorry, but I don't think a sort of snobbery over what you might think is good/worthwhile or bad is a great starting point towards culture. It's art with an interest in it - and that's the only criteria needed at a broad level. It might not be your thing but it's someone's, and who knows, it might be the start of a journey for them where they'll end up somewhere more to your approval. :)

Feel free to take the piss out of what you don't like, but I reckon it's stepping into a dangerous area to start ruling it out of possible public support just because some thing's not to a personal liking. There is only opinion about this sort of stuff at the end of the day, so the process for public support needs to be open to all opinions.

(PS: I'm not entirely comfortable about the not-standard-process via which T obtained the grant, but that's a different thing, and it's been looked into and T supposedly fulfilled the grant criteria)

Edited by eFestivals