TITP 2017

Fezzy_buzzer

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

That just looks like T in the Park with Radiohead. :P

And with Chemical Bros instead of Calvin. And less EDM in general. I don't think the new festival needs to be too different overall, just a slight shift to the older demographic so that it still appeals to the mainstream and the 30+ (ish) demographic

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Shootenanny! said:

Was looking into Foo Fighters' tour dates and as far as I can see they're in Spain and Portugal on the Thursday and Friday. Realise it's not impossible but that would suggest to me it might not be them sadly.

Day off on Saturday and headline Sunday would be the only solution to that.   Likely though all the headliners were booked up ages ago and we're just waiting on the official announcements now.

41 minutes ago, Colfaedee said:

Day off on Saturday and headline Sunday would be the only solution to that.   Likely though all the headliners were booked up ages ago and we're just waiting on the official announcements now.

I did think that possibly but I noticed that Coldplay are playing Dublin on the Saturday night so they'd be headlining the Sunday if they play as suggested by the papers if Radiohead are playing the Friday.

For reference, I'd rather have Foo Fighters!

Edited by Shootenanny!

2 hours ago, harryomatic said:

And with Chemical Bros instead of Calvin. And less EDM in general. I don't think the new festival needs to be too different overall, just a slight shift to the older demographic so that it still appeals to the mainstream and the 30+ (ish) demographic

Yeah that's a fair point. It's quite difficult to pin down at the moment before we know if it's gonna be like centred around day tickets and headliners or if there's gonna be a gaggle of different, diverse stages and weekend tickets and stuff.

1 hour ago, Shootenanny! said:

I did think that possibly but I noticed that Coldplay are playing Dublin on the Saturday night so they'd be headlining the Sunday if they play as suggested by the papers if Radiohead are playing the Friday.

For reference, I'd rather have Foo Fighters!

Think Coldplay have rejected festivals for next year as they're "not doing them".

There's a rumour that The Cure are one of the headliners alongside Radiohead but I dunno where that's come from or who the other one might be. If they're still approaching headliners now it's anyone's guess.

Edited by dentalplan

4 hours ago, rawaudioinput said:

Could someone fill me in on what the main motivation was to move from Balado? I know the official explanation is something about a pipeline but a lot of people seem fairly sure that they could move back if they really wanted to

It was to find a cheaper alternative, the pipeline was just a soundbite to make it sound like they were forced, I can pretty much tell you this as fact.

Radiohead aren't really my cup of tea but I appreciate that they're a massive band and clearly a massive booking, so fair's fair. The Chemical Brothers or Daft Punk would be absolutely amazing, really hope they pull of a dance act of that calibre.

11 minutes ago, Louis1 said:

It was to find a cheaper alternative, the pipeline was just a soundbite to make it sound like they were forced, I can pretty much tell you this as fact.

Radiohead aren't really my cup of tea but I appreciate that they're a massive band and clearly a massive booking, so fair's fair. The Chemical Brothers or Daft Punk would be absolutely amazing, really hope they pull of a dance act of that calibre.

The Chemical brothers said in an interview here that they would like to return to TITP, so It's definitely a possibility.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/music/music-news/chemical-brothers-ready-reaction-gear-9201174

Seeing people like Radiohead and The Cure (if true) linked with this, has really got me interested. I'd only do one day with a new born and 3 other gigs already in the space of 6 weeks, but I'd definitely be interested if they are aiming for them type of bookings.

17 hours ago, Louis1 said:

Rubbish.  The land owner at Balado is currently undertaking legal action against HSE, as a result of the festival having to move due to their restrictions.

Hopefully bands like happy Mondays,inspiral carpets,green day madness and primal scream are in with a shout.

Only dance act I would like to see anywhere near this would be faithless or daft punk.

Cocktail cocktail is a must

Get the Streetrave boys involved with there own tent,forget slam.

Book avicci CH and David Guetta at the hydro for the the same weekend.

sorted.....

1 hour ago, hamishrankin said:

I'm unsure about Biffy, they'd have been in running if TITP was still on surly but 4 Glasgow dates in 18 months does seem slightly too many even for them? What do people think? 

Wouldn't rule biffy out but I don't think they will be 1 of the 3 headliners. 

Do we know if tuts will still have a tent?

Going by the size I think the green can only really handle one outdoor main stage, the tuts tent and maybe an introducing tent plus lots of bars of course !