TITP 2017

Fezzy_buzzer

6 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

Cheers, didn't know that. Thought that was run by Brew Dog but seems to indicate otherwise. 

Another festival I fancied going to but other things got in the way (mainly Stag and Dagger).

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A real shame that it's now confirmed that T is off. Had some great times there mainly in the early 2000s. 

However I have no sympathy with the organisers who over the years managed to ruin what used to be a good festival. They stopped listening to their customers and ultimately holding T for a second time at Strathallan was the death knell. People told them it wasn't suitable, people told them they wouldn't go back if T was at Strathallan again, but they went ahead regardless. And this is the result.

I feel sorry for the genuine music lovers, but not the wee neds that went just for a fight and to get wrecked. With all the social media videos of the mad max style campsites they too have caused the downfall of T and cost everyone a major festival in Scotland.

1 minute ago, Muddyfields said:

A real shame that it's now confirmed that T is off. Had some great times there mainly in the early 2000s. 

However I have no sympathy with the organisers who over the years managed to ruin what used to be a good festival. They stopped listening to their customers and ultimately holding T for a second time at Strathallan was the death knell. People told them it wasn't suitable, people told them they wouldn't go back if T was at Strathallan again, but they went ahead regardless. And this is the result.

I feel sorry for the genuine music lovers, but not the wee neds that went just for a fight and to get wrecked. With all the social media videos of the mad max style campsites they too have caused the downfall of T and cost everyone a major festival in Scotland.

Having people like C Harris headlining every  years attracts total knobs,there is a world of diffrence between the crowds watching them up here and the ones that go to creamfields/tommorowland

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

If that's what happens, the impact is bigger than that because people are not being exposed to all of the other acts at a festival &/or they're having to spend more money and time to do similar.

If the new Glasgow Green gigs operate in a similar fashion to the Radio 1 Big Weekend then that could solve that problem.  Open the gig early with fairly well known acts on to draw in the crowds; have a mix of artists, old and new, on different stages over the course of the day - as well as the usual fun fair attractions, cocktail tents etc; and then strong headliners to finish the night.  

Normally at festivals I pick out how I'm going to see and only go to certain stages for those acts. But when I was at the big weekend in Glasgow, there were times when there weren't any acts on I was particularly fussed about, so took a walk over to the introducing stage and ended up watching excellent sets from bands I would never have know about otherwise.

The downfall started when Geoff Ellis couldn't wait for the Foo's to leave the stage during the fireworks before trying sell next years tickets on the big screen. That showed a real contempt for the crowd and I don't think they ever really recovered from that (amongst a good few thousand, bigger reasons).

2 hours ago, OneLittleFish said:

The downfall started when Geoff Ellis couldn't wait for the Foo's to leave the stage during the fireworks before trying sell next years tickets on the big screen. That showed a real contempt for the crowd and I don't think they ever really recovered from that (amongst a good few thousand, bigger reasons).

Been to loads of festivals with main stage screens that as soon as the last acts finish then the "early bird tickets on sale" screen appears. hardly a major reason T died

I bought one of those early birds. I feel so cheap and used :(

We now need to take stock and take a year out to try to resolve the issues so that we can once again deliver the kind of camping festival you are used to and deserve.

Looks like they are still trying to pursue a camping festival and I hope they pull it off. It'll need a proper venue that isn't Strathallan and it'll need to attract some older campers with the line up. I always maintained T would fail once us oldies fucked off. It's not rocket science, we're the ones with a bit more disposable income that actually spend money at the stalls and bars, not survive the weekend on swedgers, tinnies in the campsite and cereal bars. I'm wondering which direction Tennents saw the festival going, this intrigues me.............

Edited by devilman

I think they have to take a long term view and re-invent the festival. Something like Field Day would be a start. One day for the nippers with their EDM and another for bands with instruments. If they can keep Tennents on board and they have it at Glasgow Green, call it Green T or something. They may be able to grow it again so that one day, it can be held at a more remote location with a campsite. The sticking plaster approach won't work. Major surgery required.

4 hours ago, devilman said:

Well that would keep half of Glasgow out for a start :)

Lol

I reckon T will not be in the new name. Glasgow council can't be wanting this to be seen as T moves to the city. Any fights or God forbid deaths so near the city centre is a non starter. 

Not that tennents have a great reputation but the last couple of years has brought their brand nothing but negative publicity. 

Overpriced day tickets and headliners aimed at the middle age types is my guess for the future. 

I'm in for anything like radiohead,  pixies, arcade fire.

Can't see it being avicci or calvin Harris but you never know. 

Would be fantastic to have headliners in Radiohead, Coldplay and Foo Fighters, subs like Stereophonics, Elbow and Paolo Nutini, and an undercard with folk such as Pixies, Twin Atlantic, Travis, Lana Del Rey, the XX, Chemical Brothers, Manic Street Preachers, Kaiser Chiefs, Royal Blood. Dunno who else.

2 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Would be fantastic to have headliners in Radiohead, Coldplay and Foo Fighters, subs like Stereophonics, Elbow and Paolo Nutini, and an undercard with folk such as Pixies, Twin Atlantic, Travis, Lana Del Rey, the XX, Chemical Brothers, Manic Street Preachers, Kaiser Chiefs, Royal Blood. Dunno who else.

If that's your suggestion I'd be quite happy for you to book the line up!

Radiohead haven't played in Scotland for over eight years, it'll be nine come next summer. That needs to be rectified. A few big hitters will be out and about next summer. As well as Radiohead, Metallica have new music to promote. Pixies have been announced as support for Kings Of Leon at BST. If it's being arranged by DF, there may still be enough money in the piggy bank to book a few big names then see how ticket sales go.

Hopefully Foo Fighters are there or thereabouts seeing as they're on the festival circuit next year.

this is my wish list for what it's worth.

Have a main stage,  a replacement for King Tuts tent and a replacement for the  T Break tent.

a good eating area with plenty seating like Healthy T had.  (the Balado version)

decent collection of other attractions like Bars,  a comedy tent.  Ceilidh Tent. charity village and other stalls,  

and bring the Big Wheel along :-)

What are we calling Replacement T then?

Could they market this as the Scottish leg of Tennents Vital?

It actually wouldn't surprise me if they still had Tennents as the main sponsor but one of their other brands took the naming and sponsorship rights - Magners, Drygate, Heverlee etc. Would ensure it's targeted at a different audience and differentiate it from T.

18 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

It actually wouldn't surprise me if they still had Tennents as the main sponsor but one of their other brands took the naming and sponsorship rights - Magners, Drygate, Heverlee etc. Would ensure it's targeted at a different audience and differentiate it from T.

The article said the Glasgow concerts wouldn't be branded by Tennents'. They don't agree with the direction of the festival or something.