TITP 2017

Fezzy_buzzer

On 21/11/2016 at 6:03 PM, Red Day said:

Gigs at Glasgow Green are likely to end before 1045 pm.  Walk up to High Street and get a train to somewhere out of the city.  You'll get cheaper hotels there.  Or book a flexible rate at travelodge or similar now and cancel if, sorry when Calvin Harris gets announced.

If Radiohead play I'm def going to that

They should announce a EDM fan boys weekender at the hydro guaranteeing all the bangers are no where near Glasgow green.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been following this thread for a few months now, have to say it isn't looking good for T in the park for 2017 that is. I think they will have a year out and make major changes and go ahead with the event on Glasgow green (The details i'm unsure of). I'v been going T for a few years now i travel from Liverpool but don't camp i have noticed it has slowy got worse by the year in regards to planning etc. We had to walk near enough 1 hour every night this year to get to the pickup point and even the staff didn't know where they where going. This years line up was good i though due to the DJ's they booked as that's what i'm into. Pray for T! 

On 20/11/2016 at 0:48 PM, devilman said:

T died in 2012. They've just been flogging its corpse until now but the stench has got too bad. I've already got my July festival booked but this member of the slightly older demographic could well be interested in this if the line up is right.

I'd agree with this. The organisers should have been thinking of something totally new after they lost Balado.  

But instead they chose to continue doing exactly the same old thing at a totally unsuitable Strathallan for money making reasons, certainly not for providing the paying public with an excellent festival experience. It's a shame to see the chaotic  nedfest that T became, compared to the early years at Balado.

If organised correctly this Glasgow Green festival could be a great success, a total refresh of the T in the Park idea.  For those that say the 16-17 year olds won't come because they can't sit and get totally pissed in the campsite all weekend, well I think that is probably the idea. It should be about providing a good event for music lovers primarily, and less about the folk who want to drink themselves into oblivion for the weekend and cause others misery. It's even been said that the Glasgow Green event would be aimed at a slightly older age range than T.

If a success why couldn't they hold this new festival in a different Scottish city each year?  Then at least at some point it would be local to everyone.

1 hour ago, Muddyfields said:

I'd agree with this. The organisers should have been thinking of something totally new after they lost Balado.  

But instead they chose to continue doing exactly the same old thing at a totally unsuitable Strathallan for money making reasons, certainly not for providing the paying public with an excellent festival experience. It's a shame to see the chaotic  nedfest that T became, compared to the early years at Balado.

If organised correctly this Glasgow Green festival could be a great success, a total refresh of the T in the Park idea.  For those that say the 16-17 year olds won't come because they can't sit and get totally pissed in the campsite all weekend, well I think that is probably the idea. It should be about providing a good event for music lovers primarily, and less about the folk who want to drink themselves into oblivion for the weekend and cause others misery. It's even been said that the Glasgow Green event would be aimed at a slightly older age range than T.

If a success why couldn't they hold this new festival in a different Scottish city each year?  Then at least at some point it would be local to everyone.

Definitely agree that if they're moving, different venues each year make it more accessible and affordable to everyone. Plenty of empty space further north!! With all the speculation on here, I've booked a free cancellation hotel room in Glasgow.....however, if Calvin bloody Harris features anywhere on the line-up, I'm out.

Edited by kezzawizz

15 hours ago, dandandan95 said:

Is there gonna be any difference between this and Summer Sessions really? Just a month before and different venue

I suspect this event will have a few stages (maybe one big outdoor one, one big tent and 1/2 small tents at a guess) as opposed to just the one at Summer Sessions.

Kings of Leon just announced as a UK festival exclusive at BST on 6th July. Pixies announced as a main support, no mention of exclusivity there. They could make an appearance at Glasgow Green? Would appeal to the older audience, would be a good act tp have on a Radiohead day I think.

EDIT: Also if you wanted to have some form of dance music, Fatboy Slim would do well. Announced for Nova Rock so he's doing stuff apart from the usual Glastonbury slot this summer.

Edited by harryomatic