TITP 2017

Fezzy_buzzer

This sounds like if done well it could be excellent.

Trying to think how many stages you could fit at Glasgow Green. Drawing on R1 Big Weekend, maybe an open main stage, large tent (replacement for Tuts), then a couple of smaller tents (T Break/BBC Introducing, and either a dancey one or a Transmission style one). Not sure if there's the space for two large outdoor stages?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, harryomatic said:

This sounds like if done well it could be excellent.

Trying to think how many stages you could fit at Glasgow Green. Drawing on R1 Big Weekend, maybe an open main stage, large tent (replacement for Tuts), then a couple of smaller tents (T Break/BBC Introducing, and either a dancey one or a Transmission style one). Not sure if there's the space for two large outdoor stages?

If I remember rightly the old Gig on The Green had one main stage and a tent? The last one was almost 15 years ago though and I was very, very drunk so I may not be remembering correctly. But agree that one main stage and a few tents will be the most likely set up.

9 minutes ago, Colfaedee said:

Sounds like they're wanting the best bits of Balado without the hassle of Strathallan.     Can't argue with that.   I should be gutted if T is finished but if I can go and see the Foo Fighters (for example) in a festival setting and not get covered in shit then I'm all for it. 

Well, it's Glasgow Green we're talking about. I wouldn't completely write off the danger of ending up covered in shit. 

1 hour ago, Colfaedee said:

Sounds like they're wanting the best bits of Balado without the hassle of Strathallan.     Can't argue with that.   I should be gutted if T is finished but if I can go and see the Foo Fighters (for example) in a festival setting and not get covered in shit then I'm all for it. 

Yeah I'd probably try make a weekend of it if something like this happened.

4 hours ago, standfree92 said:

The only thing I'm against Glasgow green will be the cost of hotel. Easy for people who live in Glasgow but if you live out with Glasgow could be an expensive trip 

Just like we have to pay for every other "scottish" gig you mean? Glasgow hotels get a fortune from me, it's too far to go there and back in one night :(

Gigs at Glasgow Green are likely to end before 1045 pm.  Walk up to High Street and get a train to somewhere out of the city.  You'll get cheaper hotels there.  Or book a flexible rate at travelodge or similar now and cancel if, sorry when Calvin Harris gets announced.

If Radiohead play I'm def going to that

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Gigs at Glasgow Green are likely to end before 1045 pm.  Walk up to High Street and get a train to somewhere out of the city.  You'll get cheaper hotels there.  Or book a flexible rate at travelodge or similar now and cancel if, sorry when Calvin Harris gets announced.

If Radiohead play I'm def going to that

Could always do that. Radiohead would be great but i thought they wouldn't play Scotland so got tickets to see them in Manchester 

Anyone else think they themselves leaked it to see what everyone thought? 

On 11/19/2016 at 7:00 AM, Paul ™ said:

Loopallu might be next, having to move venue and no camping now! 

Aye proper shit that. It was a great festival. Sounds like someone got greedy and so we all suffer. I just can't see it surviving with half the numbers and no camping.