TITP 2017

Fezzy_buzzer

16 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Fair point. Think they'd need strong headliners beside them. But they'd also pull that crowd. It's Queen and folk at festivals love a singalong. 

what they won't do particularly well is sell festival tickets to their own crowd - and a festival headliner that doesn't sell tickets is the wrong headline act.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is T on next year ? I thought early birds would of been on sale by now ? Plus have they not usually named a headliner by now also ? sure the roses had been announced this time last year.................Was thinking of going for a day again ! Maybe the whispers i heard are true!

21 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Is T on next year ? I thought early birds would of been on sale by now ? Plus have they not usually named a headliner by now also ? sure the roses had been announced this time last year.................Was thinking of going for a day again ! Maybe the whispers i heard are true!

My personal feeling is that it will be off. Don't know what the official attendance was but they would of defiantly made a loss. If i was them i would rebrand the festival too much of a ned fest 

5 hours ago, standfree92 said:

My personal feeling is that it will be off. Don't know what the official attendance was but they would of defiantly made a loss. If i was them i would rebrand the festival too much of a ned fest 

I don't know, the fact that Radiohead have yet to announce a Scottish date next year makes me think they're about to be announced as the first headliner, although I'm not sure how that will go down with the usual T attendees.   

11 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I don't know, the fact that Radiohead have yet to announce a Scottish date next year makes me think they're about to be announced as the first headliner, although I'm not sure how that will go down with the usual T attendees.   

Yeah maybe they will do Glasgow summer sessions later on.  Was surprised they didn't play at the hydro as they didn't play in Scotland on their last tour.  I've got tickets for Manchester as i didn't want to miss out on seeing them live. I just don't think they would appeal to the T in the park attendee now. TITP really needs a coldplay/ foo fighters to help shift tickets.  

32 minutes ago, standfree92 said:

Yeah maybe they will do Glasgow summer sessions later on.  Was surprised they didn't play at the hydro as they didn't play in Scotland on their last tour.  I've got tickets for Manchester as i didn't want to miss out on seeing them live. I just don't think they would appeal to the T in the park attendee now. TITP really needs a coldplay/ foo fighters to help shift tickets.  

Yeah there's no way Radiohead will headline TITP these days -  if The Stone Roses pulled a shit crowd then Radiohead'a would be abysmal. Much more likely they're either playing elsewhere, or even that they just can't be arsed doing a full tour and are leaving it at this years London dates, Glastonbury and Manchester

8 hours ago, standfree92 said:

The loses were huge apparently! I was told it's gone as a camping fest and likely to come back as a day/days event only .

Greenday, Radiohead and Arcade Fire all available as well as all your usual fare. Trouble is that incompetence and fuckwittery have cultivated a small crowd of school leavers and neds that just want to fight and watch Calvin Harris. Money thrown after good bands would be just wasted now.

3 hours ago, devilman said:

Greenday, Radiohead and Arcade Fire all available as well as all your usual fare. Trouble is that incompetence and fuckwittery have cultivated a small crowd of school leavers and neds that just want to fight and watch Calvin Harris. Money thrown after good bands would be just wasted now.

The bookings of late have followed a specific path with DJ's being the choice.  The move to Strathallen was poorly managed and basically the people who would pay to see the three bands mentioned have long since sailed.  I'd watch all 3 but wouldn't go back to T.  Sad because I used to love the weekend but over a period of a few years Geoff and his crew made it less and less attractive so I went elsewhere.

23 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

The loses were huge apparently! I was told it's gone as a camping fest and likely to come back as a day/days event only .

I've got this from a pretty good source, next year being the final year camping with the Strathallan contract before it moves to Glasgow Green.

Can't see a massive turnaround in success, the damage is done IMO

30 minutes ago, Louis1 said:

I've got this from a pretty good source, next year being the final year camping with the Strathallan contract before it moves to Glasgow Green.

Ah would be happy with that

Easy to get to,plenty hotels something to do after 12.

Anythings better than strathallan

On 06/11/2016 at 7:16 PM, LOCHLAND5 said:

48 minutes ago, Louis1 said:

Will be sad to see T finally roll over and die if any of this is true but this does all make sense in a rip it up and start again kind of way.

No camping hassle for the organisers and Glasgow Green coped ok with the Roses the other year.

Is it not the same folk that run the summer sessions though at Bellahouston ?

Would guess that the Polis and Council would be happier for them to continue out at Bella away from the city centre.

1 hour ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Will be sad to see T finally roll over and die if any of this is true but this does all make sense in a rip it up and start again kind of way.

No camping hassle for the organisers and Glasgow Green coped ok with the Roses the other year.

Is it not the same folk that run the summer sessions though at Bellahouston ?

Would guess that the Polis and Council would be happier for them to continue out at Bella away from the city centre.

It's sad because camping at balado was fantastic

Brilliant laugh from start till finish,strathallan has been a absalute nightmare.

Maybe the one day events will be better suited as you can tailor a bill to the acts i.e you can have a rock day and then the bams can have all there EDM push on another. 

Still a shame that this has happened to Scotlands biggest festival. I wonder what DF concerts would do different now with TITP?

44 minutes ago, standfree92 said:

Still a shame that this has happened to Scotlands biggest festival. I wonder what DF concerts would do different now with TITP?

erm ... Festival Republic, not DF.

Management of the festival got transferred to FR for the last festival, presumably to use Melvin's experience to help lessen the issues with the site.

I'm guessing that Melvin is going to keep that oversight, tho whether it goes as far as booking policy I'm not entirely sure. His success at 'modernising' Reading/Leeds certainly looks like something T could use tho.