TITP 2017

Fezzy_buzzer

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going by their show at Bellahouston (which did sell out in the end) and good showings at L/R I'd still say Biffy are safe as potential headliners. On that gig, was quite impressed with the setup at Bellahouston Park, general feeling between myself and friends was there was potential room for them to expand it to allow for an extra tent stage in the fields either side of the stage and make it a day long/weekend wide things to potentially replace T, maybe even having it there and another similar sized site somewhere else in the country to split potential crowds. Would mean sacrificing camping but that might not be the worst thing in the world.

39 minutes ago, Shootenanny! said:

Went to both days of Summer Sessions and found it in many ways a more enjoyable experience than recent trips to TITP. Barring a real rebirth in the strength of T's lineups and a drop in the number of neds going I could see Summer Sessions becoming my new regular Scottish festival.

It's not a festival though, it's just an open field for the days it runs with a main stage.

Edited by thewayiam

On 02/09/2016 at 7:53 PM, thewayiam said:

It's not a festival though, it's just an open field for the days it runs with a main stage.

True, realise I'm not comparing like for like, just mean that I could see Summer Sessions taking the place of TITP as my main Scottish outdoor music event if it continues with line ups like this year. I live in Glasgow so its very handy for me!

2 hours ago, Shootenanny! said:

True, realise I'm not comparing like for like, just mean that I could see Summer Sessions taking the place of TITP as my main Scottish outdoor music event if it continues with line ups like this year. I live in Glasgow so its very handy for me!

That's kind of what I could see if the lineups keep as strong as this year happening with Victorious over R&L, I haven't been to R&L for a few years but with that fest you are close enough to make a bit of a south coast trip out of it visiting Bournemouth, around Portsmouth, Southampton, Poole etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Kings of Leon are a good shout with the new album out next month, however they could do the summer sessions again instead. 

Catfish will be high up the card if they are back next year, will be headliners one day. 

I could see Foals easy headline on Friday night. 

I'd welcome and Eminem or Kanye headliner that would pull in big crowds.

Richard Ashcroft should be there! 

SHM would be big draw if they were to reform.

Black Sabbath would be nice addition before they finish for good.

God forbid but Bieber would also be a big headline draw.

2 hours ago, Matthew McNally said:

Kings of Leon are a good shout with the new album out next month, however they could do the summer sessions again instead. 

Catfish will be high up the card if they are back next year, will be headliners one day. 

I could see Foals easy headline on Friday night. 

I'd welcome and Eminem or Kanye headliner that would pull in big crowds.

Richard Ashcroft should be there! 

SHM would be big draw if they were to reform.

Black Sabbath would be nice addition before they finish for good.

God forbid but Bieber would also be a big headline draw.

I think as the above poster said that Green Day looks a lock for me, coming back after the trio album stint and everything I don't think they'll be so choosy where they play.

If SHM were to I think it's either TITP or Sessions as I can imagine Cream would go in hard for them being 20th Anniversary as well and it probably guarantees a sellout there.

KOL I think it's very much T or Sessions depending on where they are, kind of tempted to say Sessions just as I reckon V might poach them.

Ashcroft I think will sub main stage one day.

4 hours ago, dandandan95 said:

Could they afford that though? Surely must be struggling a bit with poor sales last 2 years

Do you mean the headline set or Biffy subbing?

Despite the bailouts I don't think T will be in a position where they're rummaging for change any time soon as long as Live Nation is behind them and yeah, I think they could manage that set of headliners in a normal year.

I doubt Biffy Clyro's people will be negotiating themselves out of festival slots that they need; I feel that after nobody wanting them this year they'll be happy to take sub slots and be priced accordingly.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Do you mean the headline set or Biffy subbing?

Despite the bailouts I don't think T will be in a position where they're rummaging for change any time soon as long as Live Nation is behind them and yeah, I think they could manage that set of headliners in a normal year.

I doubt Biffy Clyro's people will be negotiating themselves out of festival slots that they need; I feel that after nobody wanting them this year they'll be happy to take sub slots and be priced accordingly.

Yeah man I just assumed Daft Punk would be so expensive, and the Scottish factor I think would mean Biffy are still a headliner. Can defo see Greenday being there similar to RHCP from this year

1 hour ago, dandandan95 said:

Yeah man I just assumed Daft Punk would be so expensive, and the Scottish factor I think would mean Biffy are still a headliner. Can defo see Greenday being there similar to RHCP from this year

I'm not convinced they'll be treated any better for being Scottish tbh  This year would have been a prime time to have them return but they were passed on and left in the wilderness until a spot opened up at R+L, and IIRC they were supposedly offered a sub slot the year they headlined R+L and then T only went back for them once they'd been broken in as headliners. Obviously festivals aren't in the business of shrinking the headliner pool and it's quite possible they'll be brought in to balance out a headline trio or something but I really wouldn't be surprised if they start stepping down the bill next year onwards.

Not sure what the Daft Punk deal is other than they asked for a lot off Coachella all those years back to build their stage setup and barely made a profit but went on to play a bunch of festivals to make that up. When they played Rock Ness and Wireless and stuff it won't have been breaking the bank back then. Not sure now but that's anyone's guess.

Edited by dentalplan