TITP 2017

Fezzy_buzzer

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27 July 2016 at 2:01 PM, kingcrawler said:

Just seen someone on the Glastonbury forum say that Swedish House Mafia are coming back.

M/S Blur R1 Swedish house mafia K/T Proclaimers

M/S Muse R1 Chase and status K/T Simple minds

M/S Coldplay R1chemical brothers K/T Wet Wet Wet

Biffy Clyro / The Script / Twin Atlantic
David Guetta / Steve Aoki / Duke Dumont
Chvrches / Slaves

Swedish House Mafia / Stereophonics / George Ezra
Bastille / Clean Bandit / Disciples
Jamie T / Wolf Alice

Coldplay / Ellie Goulding / Royal Blood
Rudimental / Haim / Jungle
Jack Garratt / Gorgon City

I understand why they have a DJ on the Saturday night as it's where a lot of the biggest names are right now, but it was a much easier sell to most people with the 1am late license and the idea of 2 headliners that night (I know some will say Paolo isn't big enough but that isn't the point) the concept was great as you'd still get your standard headliner then a DJ who was too big of a name for the R1 stage.

The main issue now is that the pool of DJs big enough is quite small, especially since it has to be the tier above Guetta and Alesso since they've already proven he's not big enough by having him on R1 last year, the only ones left I can think of are:

Calvin (every other year anyway)

Daft Punk (never going to happen)

Avicii (retiring)

Swedish House Mafia (I don't think they are coming back next year, but it would be a massive booking)

and then there's a few borderline who could be either R1 or headline main:

Martin Garrix

Axwell /\ Ingrosso

Tiesto

Hardwell (I'm not sure how big he is outside of the major dance festivals though)

Pendulum (if they do a tour now they've performed together again)

Personally I'm expecting it to be Main: The Killers/ Martin Garrix/ Florence (if they're still touring, otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to see someone new get bumped up)

R1: Deadmau5/ A guitar act such as Catfish/Royal Blood/ Axwell /\ Ingrosso

Edited by uninspired_user

Isn't it even more worrying for DF and Ellis that last year following the change to Strathallan and the resulting shitstorm, that this year there's virtual silence?? The forums are so quiet. That in itself speaks volumes, I think :-(

On 7/30/2016 at 11:46 PM, kezzawizz said:

Isn't it even more worrying for DF and Ellis that last year following the change to Strathallan and the resulting shitstorm, that this year there's virtual silence?? The forums are so quiet. That in itself speaks volumes, I think :-(

I think you are right.

i look back now and my impressions were that the Citizen T campsite was perfect (they got that spot on) , the mud everywhere else was awful (not really their fault), the walks to and from car parks and the PUDO were way too long with all that gear, main campsites were battlegrounds, music was ok, just ok.....however weather probably had a bit to do with that - Friday was pretty good especially with Courteeners and the Roses, but then Calvin on Saturday really wasn't my thing and went downhill from there, with the honourable exceptions of Frank Turner, FLC, the Struts in T Break (sheltering from the deluge) and of course LCD on the Sunday along with Slaves.

What really turned me off was the sheer amount of eccied up weegies and young kids off their tits on whatever. Felt threatened several times, along with the complete nobs just staggering around kicking and chucking mud at everyone, stopping for a dump at the base of any tree and just pissing anywhere they could - not just one or two but a lot.

Been to a few festivals and no prude but this was something else.

Still enjoyed it but probably will not be back as there is better value elsewhere and the lineup would have to be spectacular to drag me back and cope with those distances and the fact that everything simply stops after the last act........more like a series of concerts than a proper festival.

Biffy should already be dropping down line ups by next year. I can't see T booking them to headline when that Bellahouston gig isn't selling out with reasonably priced tickets and a not-so-large capacity.

Reckon something like:

DRAKE, Chvrches, Hozier
R1: The xx, Courteeners / KT: Two Door Cinema Club

SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA, Paolo Nutini (coheadline or not, whichever), Jamie T
R1: Royal Blood, Wolf Alice / KT: London Grammar

COLDPLAY, Biffy Clyro, Twin Atlantic
R1: Rudimental, George Ezra / KT: Justice

Are SHM actually returning? After it was mentioned in the Glasto section I had a look and I found that they'd ruled it out and apparently the same rumours come out every few months.

Is there anything to suggest this time is different and they'll actually be back? If they are then yeah I see them headlining T.

26 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Blur

Chase and status

Chemical brothers

How good would green day,biffy and blur be as headliners? 

blur are inactive due to gorrilaz 

chase and status and chemical brothers wont headline , chase and status subbed this year and the chemical brothers are sadly not big enough. 

16 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Are SHM actually returning? After it was mentioned in the Glasto section I had a look and I found that they'd ruled it out and apparently the same rumours come out every few months.

Is there anything to suggest this time is different and they'll actually be back? If they are then yeah I see them headlining T.

Oh that seems to be right actually.

To be honest I can't see them being married to the idea of the 'dance closer' on Saturday night if they can't get the acts for it. Would change it to this then...

On 01/08/2016 at 7:50 PM, dentalplan said:

PAOLO NUTINI, The xx, Hozier
R1: David Guetta, Courteeners / KT: Two Door Cinema Club

DRAKE, Chvrches, Jamie T
R1: Royal Blood, Wolf Alice / KT: London Grammar

COLDPLAY, Biffy Clyro, Twin Atlantic
R1: Rudimental, George Ezra / KT: Justice

Edited by dentalplan

9 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

blur are inactive due to gorrilaz 

chase and status and chemical brothers wont headline , chase and status subbed this year and the chemical brothers are sadly not big enough. 

You don't think chemical brothers are big enough to headline radio 1?

Chase and  status could easily headline radio 1 doesn't matter what they did this year wasn't that long ago SHM headlined radio1 2 years in a row.

4 hours ago, Threestripes said:

You don't think chemical brothers are big enough to headline radio 1?

Chase and  status could easily headline radio 1 doesn't matter what they did this year wasn't that long ago SHM headlined radio1 2 years in a row.

I thought you meant main stage. my bad 

Way too fucking strong but here's a mock lineup.. bunch of artists with new albums out recently/coming out soon and a lot of them haven't played before/in a while:

Gorillaz -- Foals -- CHVRCHES
Jack Ü -- Steve Aoki -- Fetty Wap
Jamie T -- Primal Scream -- Bloc Party

Muse -- Royal Blood -- Rudimental
Deadmau5 -- Dizzee Rascal -- Clean Bandit
Die Antwoord -- Crystal Castles -- Kelis

Drake -- Imagine Dragons -- The Vaccines
Ed Sheeran -- Ariana Grande -- The Wombats
Justice -- Nero -- MØ

Edited by TheHiddenPassenger

Chemical brothers have headlined major festivals over Europe & UK & have one of the biggest stage set-ups. I wouldn't want to see them headlining main stage but theres nothing stopping them apart from the fact at most of the demographic now a days wouldn't want a dance act that wasn't shite EDM big room pop music.