T minus & counting 2017

Michaels denim shorts

22 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Haven't you spotted it? I'm now having my doubts now as to whether it's Pearl Jam related or not. Nothing new there, as I'm full of self doubt.

22 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Haven't you spotted it? I'm now having my doubts now as to whether it's Pearl Jam related or not. Nothing new there, as I'm full of self doubt.

Wot is it 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I've found it, and guess what? It's on a Pearl Jam community forum thingy AND it's to do with a countdown (presumably to seeing PJ play) on a forum just like this one. Spooky. It's like looking in to a mirror while looking in to another mirror.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/205585/official-countdown-to-wrigley

No good me doing that.. That's about the Wrigley field concert for pearl jam 25th anniversary of ten........ I put a pic of the stadium up tother day.... Here's another 3

And people say pearl jam can't pull a crowd lol

chicago1.png

45f981_1ccafb2f57604288940933efe07b823f.jpeg_srz_234_156_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpeg_srz

images (11).jpg

Edited by guypjfreak

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've never seen a Hillman Husky before. I like it.

My first car and the most economical motoring I've ever had.  Bought it for £50, ran it for 18 months, during which time I fitted a new exhaust and two rear tyres and then sold it for £45.

11 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

My first car and the most economical motoring I've ever had.  Bought it for £50, ran it for 18 months, during which time I fitted a new exhaust and two rear tyres and then sold it for £45.

I prefer the look of the Austin, but would have been even better if it had Frog Eyes :wink:

7e7c753c492e9e4d1c2f0ce9a6f6d25b.jpg

On 16/02/2017 at 0:55 PM, grumpyhack said:

Never had a motorbike but I once had a scooter.  I was far from a Mod as it was 1966 and I had a 1954 Vespa 125, which was about as uncool and sad as you could get.  But it gave me my first mobility and freed me from dependency on busses. It was great to visit friends in other parts of the city as otherwise it meant going into the centre of town and back out and about three bus route changes.  My main memory was that you quickly learnt where all the manhole covers were because if you went round a bend and hit a wet manhole cover that was it, the scooter would just go from under you.

I had a succession of dodgy means of transport as a teenager.  The lights would occasional just fail on the scooter, usually as you were approaching a bend.  I then had a 1954 Hillman Husky estate a bit like this.

Image result for hillman husky estate

The problem was that the doors tended to fly open when you went round bends, so they were held shut with bits of rope.  After that I got an Austin Healey Sprite, again ancient.  The so called sports car was actually based on an Austin A35 running gear with a different body.

Image result for austin healey sprite mk3

It may have looked sporty but with a 948cc engine it still had performance that was little better than the Austin A35 or Morris Minor.

Happy Days.

First car I remember us having as a family was a Hillman Husky!! My dad bought a non-runner for a fiver then went round the scrap yards for the bits he needed to get it on the road. First big trip in it was to Skegness :D 

I myself in the mid seventies had a 1966 MG Midget which looked not too dissimilar to your Sprite. (Except it was blue :) )