T minus & counting 2017

Michaels denim shorts

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, whisty said:

1959-Vintage-Swedish-dutch-A-Set-Movie-S

One of my claims to fame is that Elizabeth Taylor made me a cup of tea,  I was working as a journalist covering South Wales for national newspapers when Richard Burton died.  By this time he had divorced Elizabeth Taylor and had married Suzy Hunt and was living in Switzerland, where he was buried.

However a memorial service was held near his home town of Port Talbot and Elizabeth Taylor, who was still a close part of the extended Burton (Jenkins) family, came over.

Along with all the journos I went to the memorial service.  Afterwards all the women went back to the family house to prepare the ham sandwiches.  The men (and the journos) opted to go to the pub.

In the pub Richard's brother Graham got absolutely legless.  So when it came to getting him home another reporter and I pretty well carried him, with his arms draped over our shoulders, the mile back to the house.

We knocked on the door, it was opened and we carried him in and plonked him on a sofa.  Liz Taylor was standing there with rubber gloves on doing the washing up.  She turned to me and smiled and said: "Seeing as you've kindly carried him home, the least I can do is make you a cup of tea."

So I sat down next to Graham while Liz Taylor made and brought me a cup of tea.

18 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

One of my claims to fame is that Elizabeth Taylor made me a cup of tea,  I was working as a journalist covering South Wales for national newspapers when Richard Burton died.  By this time he had divorced Elizabeth Taylor and had married Suzy Hunt and was living in Switzerland, where he was buried.

However a memorial service was held near his home town of Port Talbot and Elizabeth Taylor, who was still a close part of the extended Burton (Jenkins) family, came over.

Along with all the journos I went to the memorial service.  Afterwards all the women went back to the family house to prepare the ham sandwiches.  The men (and the journos) opted to go to the pub.

In the pub Richard's brother Graham got absolutely legless.  So when it came to getting him home another reporter and I pretty well carried him, with his arms draped over our shoulders, the mile back to the house.

We knocked on the door, it was opened and we carried him in and plonked him on a sofa.  Liz Taylor was standing there with rubber gloves on doing the washing up.  She turned to me and smiled and said: "Seeing as you've kindly carried him home, the least I can do is make you a cup of tea."

The things that get hidden away in the countdown thread. This is nearly as good as Pear's Bullseye revelation.  

On 15/12/2016 at 4:08 PM, grumpyhack said:

Cracking story Grumpy, jealous I am :)

il_570xN.834905296_acgh.jpg