Your Best Ever,Worst Ever.Surprisingly Good, Most Dissapointing

Uh-Oh!

I've only got this year to go on unfortunately  best tame impala great late afternoon set and vibe. Worst ellie Goulding complete lack of stage presence and engagement with crowd plus just rubbishsongs . Most suprising 2 here Coldplay not a big fan and I know loads of people hate them but an awesome experience and aurora she was fantastic never seen someone so genuinely excited . Most Dissapointing as it was my first glastonbury nobody as it was just unbelievable to be there . Heres hoping I get tickets againand can edit my list next year 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best - The Rolling Stones in 2013. It just seemed like a proper "moment" with the will they, won't they? that went on in the months leading up to the festival. The sun came out all day before the headline set, and followed on from Primal Scream (I seem to be one of the few people who actually enjoyed them), surrounded by good friends. What could be better?!

Worst - The Rakes in 2009 on The Other Stage. Crap, semi one-hit-wonders, in the early afternoon drizzle. The lead singer asked the crowd if we'd "all heard the good news about Michael Jackson's death" - unsurprisingly this went down like a lead balloon, managed to duck out of the set shortly after this. Honorable mention for Enter Shikari who's set I had to walk past on the same stage later on in the same festival.

Surprisingly good - Brother Ali on the West Holts Stage in 2010. Think I got a tip-off from this site that he'd be worth a watch, 2nd act on stage. Absolutely brilliant! They should re-book this guy.

Most disappointing - Kanye in 2015. The set started brilliantly, but faded badly when he had to re-start after Lee Nelson ran on stage. I was bored stiff by halfway through but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt that he could get it back with a couple of bangers. He nearly did it too, until that Bohemian Rhapsody fail and Cherrypicker stunt! Should really have gone to watch The Mothership Returns...

Best - loved Jack White into Metallica 2014 and Elbow into Arcade Fire

Surprisingly Good - Cold Play...not much of a fan but the Barry Gibb move was amazing. London Grammar were brilliant closing John Peel in 2014.

Worst - sitting through Lana Del Ray....don't  get it. Every song the same...and not that good.

Most Disappointing - Black Keys 2014...sound was awful, when you can't hear the guitar in a 2 piece you're in trouble. 

Best - Rolling Stones - 2013

Notable mention (Stevie Wonder - 2010, great time with one of my best mates) while my other best mate got himself his girlfriend.

Also Springsteen and Blur and 2009 (first Glastonbury awesome memories)

Chase and Status - West Holts 2011 in the rain, my whole camp together having a real moment, making friends, raving away, what Glastonbury is all about, Blind Faith, was a perfect moment.

Surprisingly Good - Everything Everything in Williams Green 2015, that was such a moment.

Kasabian when they Subbed Bruce in 2009, Fire sounded incredible on the Pyramid Stage off the West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum album touring.

Dizzee - Bonkers on the Pyramid Stage for the first time got everything bouncing and I loved that.

Snoop Dogg - was great fun on the Pyramid Stage.

Pulp - Secret set the day after missing the Radiohead one, front and centre, loved all the excitement and fun of it all and the sun came out too for good measure.

Worst - Arcadia when it was next to the other stage, only time I could see the act (Fatboy Slim) perfectly but not be able to hear anything other than a muffled bass.

Missing Chic on West Holts when they played that, sounded like an amazing night where as I had a bit of an average time at (Arctic Monkeys) i think it was.

Rudimental - Set sounded like it went on forever, second album material sounded terribly samey and dull.

Most Disapointing - Kanye - Seen him four times and his Glastonbury performance was the worst by a long margin, lost the casual interest, left the crowd a bit irked and irriatable and easily bored, left out some big songs like an after thought.

Arctic Monkeys - love the albums, they have never been enjoyable live though, seen them 4 times now and all five times it was a let down.

Massive Attack closing the festival left me more depressed and somber than I want on the final day of an amazing festival

Edited by siweltrebor

13 minutes ago, siweltrebor said:

Best - Rolling Stones - 2013

Notable mention (Stevie Wonder - 2010, great time with one of my best mates) while my other best mate got himself his girlfriend.

Also Springsteen and Blur and 2009 (first Glastonbury awesome memories)

Chase and Status - West Holts 2011 in the rain, my whole camp together having a real moment, making friends, raving away, what Glastonbury is all about, Blind Faith, was a perfect moment.

Surprisingly Good - Everything Everything in Williams Green 2015, that was such a moment.

Kasabian when they Subbed Bruce in 2009, Fire sounded incredible on the Pyramid Stage off the West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum album touring.

Dizzee - Bonkers on the Pyramid Stage for the first time got everything bouncing and I loved that.

Snoop Dogg - was great fun on the Pyramid Stage.

Pulp - Secret set the day after missing the Radiohead one, front and centre, loved all the excitement and fun of it all and the sun came out too for good measure.

Worst - Arcadia when it was next to the other stage, only time I could see the act (Fatboy Slim) perfectly but not be able to hear anything other than a muffled bass.

Missing Chic on West Holts when they played that, sounded like an amazing night where as I had a bit of an average time at (Arctic Monkeys) i think it was.

Rudimental - Set sounded like it went on forever, second album material sounded terribly samey and dull.

Most Disapointing - Kanye - Seen him four times and his Glastonbury performance was the worst by a long margin, lost the casual interest, left the crowd a bit irked and irriatable and easily bored, left out some big songs like an after thought.

Arctic Monkeys - love the albums, they have never been enjoyable live though, seen them 4 times now and all five times it was a let down.

Massive Attack closing the festival left me more depressed and somber than I want on the final day of an amazing festival

I have discovered that that last act you see on the Sunday is so important to your overall mood!

I do not like Coldplay at all but I decided to go along this year as I thought it would at least be visually great. The impressive lightshow was not enough to make me enjoy them and I ended my Sunday feeling really low which did nothing at all for my Monday morning post festival blues :(

In hindsight I wish I had gone to LCD Soundsystem.

Best - Arcade Fire 2014 or Flaming Lips back in 2010, both sets up their as the best sets i've seen

Worst- Lightning seeds 2010, i remember finding them awkward and very dull

Surprisingly Good - The Hives 2013, great way to get the festival off and running that year

Most Disappointing - Rolling Stones, they just didn't do it for me and if i could go back i would have gone to see public enemy

6 hours ago, liamglastocrowhurst1 said:

Surprisingly Good - The Hives 2013, great way to get the festival off and running that year.

Amazingly good - Blew the "official" openers (Beady Eye) off the stage.

"Get me a ladder"

He (Pelle Almnqvist) must have said that a least a hundred times.

As if to imply they should have been higher up the bill. They still should be.

Most Disappointing - Rolling Stones, they just didn't do it for me and if i could go back i would have gone to see public enemy 

I was about tenth row for Rolling Stones. Different rows for different crows I guess :)

Second go.

I retrain my original choices, but as an alternative..

Best:

Worst:  Oasis, Pyramid Stage, 2004

Surprisingly Good: U2 Karaoke in the Bar that just sold Guinness and Jamesons

Most Disappointing: Kelis on the Pyramid. She was so much better on the little stage.