Your Best Ever,Worst Ever.Surprisingly Good, Most Dissapointing

Uh-Oh!

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Best Ever: Gimme Shelter - or maybe Midnight Rambler

Worst: Realising that it was all downhill headliner-wise from that point on.

Most Surprising:  Miss You eventually turning into the jam of the weekend

Disappointing:  Bill Wyman not wandering on 

Need to change mine..

Worst - Not being there 2013

Most disappointing - TDay October 2012. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best - Florence & The Machine, 2015. Astounding.

Worst - Probably Kanye West, also 2015. I kept my expectations quite low and I was still massively disappointed. His "greatest living rockstar" speech was enough to make us leave - which turned out to be a bit of a bonus because we got to the Naughty Corner before the big rush.

Surprisingly Good - I remember being pretty blown away by Chic & Nile Rodgers last year. Turns out I quite like disco!

Most Disappointing - John Grant at the Park in 2011/12. I've heard better sounding wet farts.

11 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Best: Tie: Tony Bennett 1998 and RATM 1994

Worst: Hole 1998

Most Surprising: Vintage trouble 2015 - went based solely on the write-up in the programme. If you have seen them, you'll know how under-prepared we were!

Most disappointing: Paul Simon 2011.

Agree almost entirely with you pal. Bennett was fantastic, given he came on after space who were encouraging the crowd to throw mud at them and then he comes on in  a white suit. Top bloke, great show as well.

That year had proper mud, fucking mental.

14 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

Agree almost entirely with you pal. Bennett was fantastic, given he came on after space who were encouraging the crowd to throw mud at them and then he comes on in  a white suit. Top bloke, great show as well.

That year had proper mud, fucking mental.

The mud this year was _nothing_ compared to 98. _nothing!_

That was quite a Sunday line-up: Space > Tony Bennett > Sonic Youth > Bob Dylan. 

Although Tony Bennett's white suit is somewhat apocryphal (even mentioned on the official Glastonbury website) but video of the event reveals him to be in royal blue - Still looked a million bucks mind, and no-one was going to even think of throwing mud at him.

12 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

The mud this year was _nothing_ compared to 98. _nothing!_

That was quite a Sunday line-up: Space > Tony Bennett > Sonic Youth > Bob Dylan. 

Although Tony Bennett's white suit is somewhat apocryphal (even mentioned on the official Glastonbury website) but video of the event reveals him to be in royal blue - Still looked a million bucks mind, and no-one was going to even think of throwing mud at him.

Was he? Would have bet my life on it being white. I was quite mashed by the Sunday though. Excellent day that though

Best: It's tough but it might be Coldplay this year. This may only be because it's fresh in my mind and I loved the flashy band effect.  

Worst: Black Eyed Peas on West Holts 2009. Husbands pick. Left after 20 minutes for Blur.

Most Surprising: Bootleg Beatles 2013. We chose them over the stones and had the best time.

Disappointing: Paul Simon. I fell asleep!

Edited by muddychick

Best: Underworld 2016: It was just perfect. They absolutely smashed the shit out of the place.

Worst: Hozier 2015: I could be forgetting something, but nothing can compare to how depressing this set was. I was absolutely dead on the Sunday and he made me feel like finishing myself off.

Most Surprising: The Streets 2011 - I wasn't really a big fan other than a few singles, but they were absolutely brilliant. Great end to the festival that year.

Biggest Disappointment: Paul Weller 2015 - This was a hard one because most people I have been looking foward to have delivered. I kind of knew what to expect with Weller, but was blindly hoping he might have upped his game for such a big slot. It was just boring.

9 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Biggest Disappointment: Paul Weller 2015 - This was a hard one because most people I have been looking foward to have delivered. I kind of knew what to expect with Weller, but was blindly hoping he might have upped his game for such a big slot. It was just boring.

Heathen! Do not speak ill of Weller! :P

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

Doesn't count.  That's about as close to potato as I am to Brad Pitt.  Technically composed of the same stuff, but in a completely unrecognisable and infinitely less pleasant form.

Still tastier than Mr Weller.  Who incidentally has skin like a potato that has been left in the oven slightly too long, then left out overnight.

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

Doesn't count.  That's about as close to potato as I am to Brad Pitt.  Technically composed of the same stuff, but in a completely unrecognisable and infinitely less pleasant form.

I once used instant mash instead of powdered milk accidentally, thus making the 2nd worst cup of coffee I ever drank.