Your Best Ever,Worst Ever.Surprisingly Good, Most Dissapointing

Uh-Oh!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best - LCD Soundsystem, Other stage this year.  Sublime.

Worst - wildly unfair for me to pick any of these as I'm not a fan of their music but probably a toss up between Catfish this year on Pyramid or BMTH again this year on Other.

Surprisingly Good - Travis on Croissant Neuf, again this year, or Manics on Other in 2014, or New York Brass Band last year at the Hell Stage at 5am on Sunday morning or perhaps Lekiddo Lord of the Lobsters every year in the Rabbit Hole on Thursday evening...

Most Disappointing - James this year or the Charlatans last year, both opening Other stage.

Edited by carpdreamer

Best - The Rolling Stones 2013. Just incredible.

Worst - Kanye West 2015. Enough said.

Surprisingly good - Florence & the Machine 2015. Really stepped up to the mark.

Most disappointing - Kanye West 2015. I'll expand - Had the chance to make history. Completely blew it.

Tbh not seen very many bad performances at all. Kanye the only one that sticks out by an absolute mile.

Edited by djdavejohnson

44 minutes ago, carpdreamer said:

Best - LCD Soundsystem, Other stage this year.  Sublime.

Worst - wildly unfair for me to pick any of these as I'm not a fan of their music but probably a toss up between Catfish this year on Pyramid or BMTH again this year on Other.

Surprisingly Good - Travis on Croissant Neuf, again this year, or Manics on Other in 2014, or New York Brass Band last year at the Hell Stage at 5am on Sunday morning or perhaps Lekiddo Lord of the Lobsters every year in the Rabbit Hole on Thursday evening...

Most Disappointing - James this year or the Charlatans last year, both opening Other stage.

Catfish was on the other this year and last, I know as I had to endure it, both times.

Best - Stevie Wonder - 2010 - Grown up listening to him. Legend, genius. Loved it. Special.

Worst - Jack Johnson - 2010 - Who? What? Why? Broke up a fantastic Pyramid run. Spent all day there sunday and it should have been fantastic from Norah Jones onwards. This clown bored me to death. 

Surprisingly Good - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizzard - 2015. I went to the park to see them on the strength of their name and seeing 1 video. Quickly turned into my favourite band for a long time. Plenty of competition in this category.

Most Disappointing - Jack White - 2014. I had never seen before. For many reasons our paths never crossed even though I consider myself a fan. Big dissppointment. 

Best - Blur 09.

Worst - Toss up between Oasis 04 and U2 11.

Surprise - Q-Tip 09. Didn't fancy anything that night and went along with some mates on a whim. Ended up loving it.

Disappointment - James Brown 04. The guy was a legend but he clearly wasn't up to it anymore. It was painful to watch.

5 hours ago, Uh-Oh! said:

Best - Major Lazer 2013

Worst - Gorillaz 2010

Surprisingly good - Mark Ronson 2015

Most Dissapointing - Prodigy 2009

Best - Kool and the Gang (2011) or Metallica (2014)

Worst - Radiohead (2011 - Special Set, Park Stage)

Surprisingly good - Dolly Parton (2014)

Most disappointing - Massive Attack (2014)

Best - The Who 2015 - my favourite band at my favourite festival. 

Worst is a tie between Gorillas headline set & Blondie opening other

Surprisingly good is impossible to pick. Crystal fighters, sinkane, passion pit, Bruce Springsteen, LCD sound system,Bastille, sigur ros,lounge Cate ideals were all amazing live.some of them I saw without knowing anything about & some were just better than i expected. 

Most disappointing - wolf Alice(2015), jack white & Courtney Barnett are honourable mentions but stand out winner is rolling stones. Was so looking forward to them too. Crush at start def ruined my mood a bit, middle of set was a total lull & just felt like they were past it.

Best - Chic 2013

Worst - George Ezra 2015..even though I liked the album, the performance was so snooze I ditched it a third of the way through.

Surprisingly good - Guy Garvey 2016...went because husband likes him and throughly enjoyed the set.

Disappointing - Eska 2016, she was on West Holts early and only drew a very small crowd - not her fault but I felt that this embarrassed her a bit and she the performance flopped a bit.

Best  - LCD Soundsystem 2016

Worst - Kanye 2015

Surprisingly Good - Hinds 2016, although I was already a fan I really didn't expect them to smash it to the extent that they did

Disappointing - Alt-J 2015, might have had a lot to do with how I was feeling at the time but I just couldn't get into it.

Best - Chemical Brothers 2015

Worst - The Cribs 2015- love the Cribs but I thought they were such a let down and so did a lot of our group

Surprisingly Good - Sigur Ros - Was expecting a good show but it blew me away! The stage show, the sound, the vocals were all spectacular

Disappointing - Kanye 2015 - As someone said, he had the chance to make history and he just threw it away. I thought it started off amazingly but kept fading away and by the end I'd lost interest

Having made my comedy (loose term I know) post...

Best Ever - Levellers, Glade 2010. Like @found home in 2009 with The Who, my favourite band on my favourite stage at my favourite festival.  20 year anniversary of Weapon Called The Word so they played loads of older material that I'd never heard them play live before.  Just magic.

Worst Ever - Disclosure, Other 2016.  Sadly I just found it incredibly, incredibly boring.  Even the guys I was with, who are big fans, were disappointed.  Fell asleep standing up at one point. Go figure.

Surprisingly Good - Too many TBH.  I do a lot of solo wandering at Glastonbury, so there are a lot of things I stumble across that I've never really listened to or even heard of before and find surprisingly good.  So a brief list of honourable mentions: Chvrches, Other 2016; Seasick Steve, Pyramid 2010; Example, John Peel 2016; Miles Kane, John Peel 2013.  But the winner is 3 Daft Monkeys, Avalon 2009. Had never heard of them, and went to see them on a whim after seeing fliers pasted on the long drops at my first Glastonbury.  Started a love affair that continues to this day, seen them at every GF I've been to since and a couple of times elsewhere.  

Most Disappointing - Gorillaz, Pyramid 2010.  I actually really like their stuff, and I thought they were musically very tight onstage.  But it just didn't suit a big open field like the Pyramid and they didn't manage (I felt) to create the right atmosphere for their work.  I'd love to have seen them at an indoor venue, think that would have worked a lot better.

Edited by Quark

This got the brain a whirring...

Best - Faithless 2002 - Pyramid - The whole field was dancing. 

Worst - Mumford in 2011 on the Other sticks in my head. The rain didn't help, The sound on Other didn't help, but blurgh. 

Most Surprising - !!! in Dance Tent on 2007 - escaped the rain, ended up dancing like a lon (along with everyone else) 

Disappointing - Bruce in 2008. I admire his work ethic, but left me totally cold, we left after four songs to drink cider and explore the Circus field. Worst I've known for the rows of camp chairs at the Pyramid, I swear they were 20 wide. 

best                             Orbital 04

worst                           gorrilaz 2010

most surprising            pharrelll 2015

Disappointing               gorrilaz 2010

Best - Stones

Worst - BMTH this year, I was willing to give them a go (seen them a few times), but meh

Most Surprising - The Kills - didn't do my homework, no clue who they were, just stayed at the Other for no reason, they came on and became an instant favourite

Disappointing - The Who

Best - Portishead 13.  Nuff said

Worst - Kate Nash 10.  My then 16 year old daughter dragged me along, it was a train wreck of a performance which lives with me to this day.

Most surprising - Too many to mention, but I'll plump for Carl Cox at the glade this year, caught some before New Order then went back after and he was still going, quality sound, great visuals.

Most disappointing - Editors 13.  Had enjoyed them on a couple of occasions before, they fell flat in front of a disinterested crowd, I didn't bother with the walk to see them this year.

Best: Tie: Tony Bennett 1998 and RATM 1994

Worst: Hole 1998

Most Surprising: Vintage trouble 2015 - went based solely on the write-up in the programme. If you have seen them, you'll know how under-prepared we were!

Most disappointing: Paul Simon 2011.

3 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

Best - Chemical Brothers 2015

Worst - The Cribs 2015- love the Cribs but I thought they were such a let down and so did a lot of our group

Surprisingly Good - Sigur Ros - Was expecting a good show but it blew me away! The stage show, the sound, the vocals were all spectacular

Disappointing - Kanye 2015 - As someone said, he had the chance to make history and he just threw it away. I thought it started off amazingly but kept fading away and by the end I'd lost interest

That's weird, 2015 was the first time I'd seen The Cribs live and I really enjoyed it. I suppose a lot of it is about your expectations going in. 

From 2014, 2015 and 2016

Best - LCD Soundsystem 2016. Honourable mentions to London Grammar 2014 and Public Service Broadcasting 2015

Worst - Catfish and the Bottlemen 2016. Tosh of the highest order and 1 hour of my life I wish I could get back. 

Surprisingly good - Christine & The Queens 2016 - I've become a huge fan since that performance, she's brilliant. Honourable mention to Mark Ronson 2015. 

Most disappointing - Courtney Barnett, Pyramid 2015 - I think she's great and really enjoyed her JP tent set in 2014, but she was a bit lost on the Pyramid (I was back by the sound desks and it sounded pretty rough there).  I think she needs another guitarist to flesh out her sound a bit, her songs have some great melodies but they get a bit lost and thrashy when she plays live. Honourable mention to Rudimental 2014, but not really their fault as they got ordered off stage before they could finish because of the storm.