Trying to get organised...

xploit

Just trying to get prepared for next year and need some advice...

My mum did a sky dive for her 60th and now wants to do Glastonbury before she's 70. Yes, she's mad.

First of all, I'm looking for advice on campervan - mum has a camper and we are thinking of bringing my little boy (he will be 2 and a half) - not enough room for the three of us so I will be in a tent. What's the rules about putting a tent in a camoervan field?

Also never been to Glastonbury with a child before, hints/tips? I've been 3 or 4 times previously

Any good trolleys to put kids in to wheel them.around that you'd suggest? And how much are they?

Thanks in advance :)

depends of course on weather for kiddie vehicle, best thing I saw looked like a wheelbarrow but with 3 big pneumatic tyres, made easy work of mud and looked like it could get through anything. I asked the owner and he said it was desgined for fishing use if that helps. The 4 wheel gardening trolley I had could be alright with a rigged up car seat attached?   

In a "normal" year - as you park your campervan/caravan let the steward know that you have an "awning" - aka need space for a tent or two.

We've never had any issue with putting tents up - had 4 around the van this year and last - just ask the fire marshal if you see her/him if they are in the right place.

With tents in the campervan fields, it's obvious where you can and can't put one. I put a humongous one up next to my uncles van a couple of years ago. Don't stick it out in the access space they leave for fitting vehicles like fire trucks between rows of campervans & don't piss your neighbours off. Other than that crack on

5 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

In a "normal" year - as you park your campervan/caravan let the steward know that you have an "awning" - aka need space for a tent or two.

We've never had any issue with putting tents up - had 4 around the van this year and last - just ask the fire marshal if you see her/him if they are in the right place.

Just out of interest, is that quite common for a group of to take a caravan and then just set up extra tents for mates to camp there?

Even just a good off-roader/ jogger type buggy with airwheels is probably fine. Took our 1 year old in 2013 / 2 year old in 2014 and got by just fine,plus the added bonus it was her buggy and she was used to sleeping in it so no issues getting her to fall asleep in it in the evening and enjoying the rest of the evening. 2014 was a bit muddy and we just found we had to have a daily de-mud of the tyres. I can't imagine how it (or any other kiddy transport for that matter!) would have fared in this year's mud?! We also took a toddler carrier to carry her on our backs and this made getting around quick and easy and we just left the buggy at a nearby property lock up.

12 hours ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

Just out of interest, is that quite common for a group of to take a caravan and then just set up extra tents for mates to camp there?

Yes - nearly all campervan/caravan have themselves a little patch where they set up an awning, gazebo, etc, and a lot have tents around them. I think as long as you ask as you arrive for a little space then it's fine. For us we tend to go as a mixed group, with the girls in the van and the boys outside farting and snoring away in tents!

On 7/14/2016 at 10:03 AM, hfuhruhurr said:

Yes - nearly all campervan/caravan have themselves a little patch where they set up an awning, gazebo, etc, and a lot have tents around them. I think as long as you ask as you arrive for a little space then it's fine. For us we tend to go as a mixed group, with the girls in the van and the boys outside farting and snoring away in tents!

That's awesome. One of my mates was thinking of taking a campervan so at least now he can bag me some space next to that. It should be a bit more chilled there, am I right?