Reading- Early Bird/Thursday questions

Obiginnaw

HI all, second year at Reading but first year early bird

Just wondering if on the Wednesday there's anything open at all? food or drink places outside the arena, even the funfair etc. There were rumours of the silent disco opening thursday last year but we never actually found out, does it usually open then or wait until friday?

Not that sitting and drinking is a bad thing, i just tend to like a drunken wander to something by the time it gets dark

Hey!

I'm pretty sure every year I've gone there's been rumors that the silent arena is opening on Wednesday/Thursday, its never happened and doubt it ever will to be honest, the masses of people that would flock to them would be too much for the 2 sites to handle.

The funfair is usually open from the Wednesday or Thursday (my memories very clouded by the beer but definitely one of the two) and every food/drink/misc shop outside of the arena is open from Wednesday.

You can always get drunk in camp and wonder around, you'll normally find a group with some fun stuff going on that you an get into, we met a group in 09 that had taken 5 beer pong tables with them and were hosting the 'unofficial official beer pong championships of great British festivals', there was talk of them getting a trophy made or something, never found out if it happened because we got knocked out in the quarter finals (still pretty good eh?)

If that doesn't take your fancy then you can always take a wonder in to town and try out some of the pubs or clubs there.

hope this helped a bit!