NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

Bonjour mes amis!

Been a bit of a frenetic week at work, but the painful bits are done and the weekend is on the horizon :)

Let us know about the V&A @Spacey, it's on my list of stuff to do. Agree with you and @lucyginger about chat during gigs, had that during one of the quiet numbers at Bear's Den this week.  Bloody irritating!

Enjoy the lazy day @trevethin, generally find they're few and far between these days :(

Got a weekend at home this week, so I reckon I might get a chance to finish off planing down a couple of doors and get the garden tidy for winter.  Tonight will either be whatever music documentary is on BBC4, or the box set of Spaced that I've borrowed from a friend (never seen it!).  Whichever one I end up with will be accompanied by a rum or two and the last of this year's festival stash :)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afternoon all,

Carlos Towers is in joyous uproar. It's not really news for anyone else, but couldn't resist sharing the news that MrsCJ has just received her driving licence application form and a sign off from the Dr, after stopping driving 2 years ago due to seizures.  MrsCJ will get her car back and I'm on public transport. WOOHOO!  (Hidden agenda is that I'm no longer the designated driver, and dance taxi duties will reduce, pass me that drink.)

Image result

Edited by carlosj

11 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Afternoon all,

Carlos Towers is in joyous uproar. It's not really news for anyone else, but couldn't resist sharing the news that MrsCJ has just received her driving licence application form and a sign off from the Dr, after stopping driving 2 years ago due to seizures.  MrsCJ will get her car back and I'm on public transport. WOOHOO!  (Hidden agenda is that I'm no longer the designated driver, and dance taxi duties will reduce, pass me that drink.)

Image result

Sounds like a damn fine reason to be happy to me Carlos, both for you and Mrs CJ :)

And to be fair, half the crap that we post isn't of interest to anyone :lol:

hello everyone :bye:  bloody manflu has meant I have not been in tip top glastobating form this week however it is Friday manflu has subsided and I am about to go home and open the wine.  Good news carlos - dust off your dancing shoes.  hope everyone else is well and has lots of fun planned for the weekend.   What has happened to Finbarr Friday- very poor show...

Edited by noplacelikehome

Congrats @carlosj and Mrs Carlos,  glad the manflu is subsiding @noplacelikehome, enjoy Spaced @Quark, playing with your shiny new thing @mr gumby and I hope the V&A was worth the visit @Spacey.  I'll be joining you in the rock n roll lifestyle @sheffieldlady, @trevethin and @lucyginger... off to open a bottle right now. Bloody freezing here so a warming tincture or two will be most welcome.

9 hours ago, Quark said:

Bonjour mes amis!

Been a bit of a frenetic week at work, but the painful bits are done and the weekend is on the horizon :)

Finbarr?

Cheers all, hope the man flu goes soon, and wine solves everything. I'm currently escaping a 13th birthday sleepover by coming into town to watch Tinariwen, with trendy craft beers. My life of excess continues with an allotment meeting tomorrow and bbc4 with a curry at night.

1 hour ago, sheffieldlady said:

@mr gumby glad you got a new phone sorted :) 

I'm enjoying a quiet evening in, with cider as my company.. rock and roll lifestyle I lead sometimes! 

Thanks SL, the wileyfox is good. Took me a while to get the efests app working properly, but it's fine now. Massive improvement on my old iPhone. :) 

1 hour ago, dizzymoo said:

Congrats @carlosj and Mrs Carlos,  glad the manflu is subsiding @noplacelikehome, enjoy Spaced @Quark, playing with your shiny new thing @mr gumby and I hope the V&A was worth the visit @Spacey.  I'll be joining you in the rock n roll lifestyle @sheffieldlady, @trevethin and @lucyginger... off to open a bottle right now. Bloody freezing here so a warming tincture or two will be most welcome.

Finbarr?

Oh, come on dizzy, too obvious by far!

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

Cheers all, hope the man flu goes soon, and wine solves everything. I'm currently escaping a 13th birthday sleepover by coming into town to watch Tinariwen, with trendy craft beers. My life of excess continues with an allotment meeting tomorrow and bbc4 with a curry at night.

I'm escaping the horror of a night watching Vincent and Flavia from off of Strictly doing tango in London, by offering to stay home and look after gumby jr. He's asleep, so I'm watching 12 years a slave, which will probably be followed by Vintage Trouble's set from West Holts last year :)

3 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Morning all! :)

Happy sweary Saturday, you crazy bunch of fucknuggets!

Sweary Saturday indeed. Fucking washing machine's fucking bolloxed itself. Also appears to have ruined my new bears den tour shirt. Fucking twatwaffles!

59 minutes ago, Quark said:

Sweary Saturday indeed. Fucking washing machine's fucking bolloxed itself. Also appears to have ruined my new bears den tour shirt. Fucking twatwaffles!

Ah man, that's a pisser. Why do they never go wrong and chew up a fuck ugly jumper some senile relative gave you for Christmas? It always seems to be something you actually like wearing. Talk about adding insult to injury!

7 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Ah man, that's a pisser. Why do they never go wrong and chew up a fuck ugly jumper some senile relative gave you for Christmas? It always seems to be something you actually like wearing. Talk about adding insult to injury!

It's got a load of rust stains on it for some reason. Going to try all the stain removers I've got, but worst case I've got a mate seeing them in brixton next week so might splash out and ask him to get me a replacement!

Afternoon.  Very uninspiring day so far here.  Finished jet washing garden furniture and did the front of the house.  Plus side it's cleaner.  Down side water came through gaps round sash windows so loads of wet towels to mop it all up <_<

My pissed-off-ness continues as we have to go out tonight.  You know when you really don't want to go ?  That.  It'll probably be nice enough, it's a meal out, but about 20 miles on an awful road full of bends.  Meh.

Speaking as the resident laundry fairy here I hope you get washing machine fixed @Quark

Wishing you all better Saturday evenings than mine.  *wanders off muttering*

Lovely people,

Any guitar players / experts out there?

Favourite (i.e. only) son, 16, wants to upgrade his guitar this Christmas and has asked for a Telecaster. To which I have replied (after looking online):

"Get to fuck, Alex, they cost a fucking fortune!"

I'm paraphrasing. 

His Christmas money and part time job pay notwithstanding, anyone got any ideas for lessening the cost? 

I have no clue in this area!

HELP!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Lovely people,

Favourite (i.e. only) son, 16, wants to upgrade his guitar this Christmas and has asked for a Telecaster. To which I have replied (after looking online):

I'm paraphrasing. 

His Christmas money and part time job pay notwithstanding, anyone got any ideas for lessening the cost? 

HELP!!!!!!!

Get him a Squier. It's Fender's cheaper range. Same guitars, basically the same designs, but lower grade materials and fit+ finish. I've heard people say their Squier  guitars are just as good as equivalent Fenders, or very close to.

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Get him a Squier. It's Fender's cheaper range. Same guitars, basically the same designs, but lower grade materials and fit+ finish. I've heard people say their Squier  guitars are just as good as equivalent Fenders, or very close to.

Cheers Stu, I'll have a look. Thank you. 

57 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Lovely people,

I'm paraphrasing. 

HELP!!!!!!!

You just don't love your son enough, do you?

;)

8 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

You just don't love your son enough, do you?

;)

Anyone who aces all their exams after doing pretty much fuck all work, completing all coursework the night before, has never read a book he didn't HAVE to and with an attendance of 74% over 5 years at secondary school needs a punch, to be honest. 

AND he can play guitar?

He can fuck right off!

3 hours ago, Woffy said:

Lovely people,

I'm paraphrasing. 

HELP!!!!!!!

I can't believe you are so selfish and won't sell off a kidney.

On 4 November 2016 at 10:32 AM, trevethin said:

Oooh. That sounds interesting. What did you think of it ?  Is it worth seeing ?

Good Morning. 

The V & A Glastonbury exhibition was interesting but small. Nice mini pyramid with lots of sound recordings. Also has a memory wall where people can write down their memories of different areas. If you are in the area worth a look. 

Will be travelling back home to North Devon this morning.