NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've probably missed all the preparation stuff, but are you all ready?

I've got a van with no rear seats, no trim, no floor and no roof at the moment, and I've bought nothing and packed nothing.

I've also got a 24 hour blood pressure thing on my arm, which isn't good, and definitely isn't being helped by my lack of preparation!!

Shit!

@jeffie I'm sort of guessing that no floor and no roof is a bad thing!! How in hell did that happen?! I'm packed and ready. If they announced the fest tomorrow I'm good to go. Will the van be sorted in time? I know you need the van. Dear god I hope you get sorted! As for the bp, try your hardest to chill dude. Healing vibes to you dear x

I sort of accidently got drunk and had to leave my car 3 miles away! I turned up at a nurse friends to get advice on My MRI scan results... she had no clue so we drank stupid amounts of wine instead! I guess I have a walk tomorrow to get to my hair appointment tomorrow! 

12 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Results just in... @bennyhana22 any advice? They've offered me injections. Anything I can do to improve them? 

Left knee - there is an undisplaced fracture of the lateral tibial plateau posteriorily. Low grade chondromalacia patellae is noted

Right knee - detection of enchondroma in the distal femur  

dr said I have osteoarthritis and wear of cartilage  

Hi Cg

Apologies for delay in replying. Let's say I was unable to do anything other than think about next week and tinker with my clashfinder!

Well, what a pair of knees you have! I have to put in the disclaimer that this is a little bit like you asking your greengrocer for advice on which computer to buy. I mean, they're both 'retailers' but....:D

Slightly concerned by the tibial plateau fracture! Have I missed a memo? Have you had an...incident? Or are they suggesting it's a stress fracture? And who (that is, which specialty) is organising the MR and reviewing you? GP? Orthopaedics? Rheumatology? A homeopath?!!

if they're saying that all of the scan findings (and so symptoms) are 'wear and tear' related then options are limited. Essentially there is oral meds, local anti-inflammatory (steroid injections- effective but finite and you can't just do them forever), physio and then...surgery I guess (please remember what I actually DO when reading this!!!). 

Sounds to me like you need a blooming good orthopod to assess the extent of the damage, the likely progression of that and then the relative merits/issues of each treatment option. I realise that's a bit non-commital, but it really boils down to how bad things are for you and what you're prepared to put up with. 

It could be that you're heading towards a new knee(s). It could be you're nowhere near that point. 

Come find me on Wednesday and I'll open the consulting room for you...!!

love

Ben x

8 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

@jeffie I'm sort of guessing that no floor and no roof is a bad thing!! How in hell did that happen?! I'm packed and ready. If they announced the fest tomorrow I'm good to go. Will the van be sorted in time? I know you need the van. Dear god I hope you get sorted! As for the bp, try your hardest to chill dude. Healing vibes to you dear x

I bought a van, and it's being converted to a crewcab/dog van, but the parts are like rocking horse poo.  I've been the bain of Vauxhall/Renoult's lives for the last few weeks, but getting nowhere.

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi Cg

Apologies for delay in replying. Let's say I was unable to do anything other than think about next week and tinker with my clashfinder!

Well, what a pair of knees you have! I have to put in the disclaimer that this is a little bit like you asking your greengrocer for advice on which computer to buy. I mean, they're both 'retailers' but....:D

Slightly concerned by the tibial plateau fracture! Have I missed a memo? Have you had an...incident? Or are they suggesting it's a stress fracture? And who (that is, which specialty) is organising the MR and reviewing you? GP? Orthopaedics? Rheumatology? A homeopath?!!

if they're saying that all of the scan findings (and so symptoms) are 'wear and tear' related then options are limited. Essentially there is oral meds, local anti-inflammatory (steroid injections- effective but finite and you can't just do them forever), physio and then...surgery I guess (please remember what I actually DO when reading this!!!). 

Sounds to me like you need a blooming good orthopod to assess the extent of the damage, the likely progression of that and then the relative merits/issues of each treatment option. I realise that's a bit non-commital, but it really boils down to how bad things are for you and what you're prepared to put up with. 

It could be that you're heading towards a new knee(s). It could be you're nowhere near that point. 

Come find me on Wednesday and I'll open the consulting room for you...!!

love

Ben x

Thanx for replying Ben, and I do know you're not a 'knee' expert etc, there's a lot of questions there that I'll ask the gp when I see him. The gp sent me for X-ray and MRI and the gp gave me the results. He didn't actually see the MRI he just had it written down what the MRI people sent him. I don't know how I got the fracture? I can only assume it's old and not healing very well. He said I should be in a lot of pain with it. My reply was 'I am!' But I suppose not in as much pain as I should be. Could a mistake have been made? I wasn't able to walk for 4 days after waterskiing in December but no accident happened, it just stopped working. 

Thanx again for your reply, I'm going to take notes for my dr appt when I go for gold injections (I think that's what they are!) 

1 hour ago, naughtygeorgie said:

NO MORE WORK :danced::danced::danced: 

Wooooohooooo

It's party time :dancing::dancing::dancing: 

Yayyy!! Lie in tomorrow! 

I should be packing for Spain. I should be walking to get my car. I should be getting my nails done. I should be going to Boots. I have so many things I should be doing and instead I'm still in bed reading GG, Efests, Whatsapp!! 

39 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

No real lie in :( I've got the pre Glasto hair appointment :) a nice 4 hours or so sat staring at myself :D

Shoulda/coulda/woulda buggar the chores CG glastobating is soooooo much more fun... are you even out of bed yet?

We still need to buy alcohol & that's pretty much it, well that and all the packing but I love packing up the Monty Bus, I'll prob spend the weekend cleaning him & generally pampering & stroking him because I loves him so :)

It's soon, so so soon :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I'm out of bed and showered and on my way to get the car. There are quite a few fluffy grey things in the sky so I'll happily get w*t as a sacrifice and I haven't got a coat! Gonna get my nails done if I get there in time. Hair appt 11am tomorrow and then helping a friend move house Friday pm and Saturday. Driving to Gainsborough Saturday night so I need to get packed tonight. 

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Alright you lot, I've just been in the Weather thread. What kind of ritual sacrifice have you made for those latest forecasts?

Put it this way: don't be too surprised if you hear an announcement before the festival that Ed Sheeran cant make it after all.

;)

Happy almost holiday everyone. I've 2 days left after this one, and one of those will be spent mainly on a train to a meeting on Tuesday. Good job I'm packing the van tomorrow. Just ear plugs to buy now, against my cousin's snoring.

Edit, if anyone knows of an ELO fan in London who wants a disabled access and carer tickets, I've posted them on the tickets for sale thread as my wife can't go :-(

Edited by carlosj

Fucking unbelievable.. Van now has mot but then promptly stopped running.. Tried most of the day but no go.. Going to try and get some poles to look at the thing tomo sort points out again.. Will know by tomorrow night if we have a van if not Tis gonna be a nightmare...... 

Might be able to borrow one but he's a tad unreliable..

Fuck Bollox and shit to the world.. 

Bye 

Yep, packing today. Very nervous, don't know why. Then down to the allotment, then see my family, Chinese banquet for one and box sets tonight as MrsCJ is away, then my parents tomorrow. Full on day if I stick to it. Otherwise, I'll just sit and eat chocolate.

Enjoy the sun y'all

NFRNFC.