NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

2 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

If someone could just confirm who I'm trying for if/when a resale happens, that'd be grand. Had my head under the bath all morning, and struggling to keep up!

I'm just waiting for a message from Robinn on this gumbs, trying to sort out the mess as we speak!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all - blimey what a palaver.... let's see what grumpy has to say for himself before jumping to conclusions, it could be a genuine misunderstanding.

In the meantime I have signed up for checkpage and so will be on it like a car bonnet as soon as I get a text - for whoever we are trying for!

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

In other news my certificates arrived for my qualifications i studied for last year. Never graduated for anything me, so missing ceremony in Ireland but I've got official qualifications and certicates! 

Well done and congrats to you H to the M to the V i remember that :thumbsu:

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

In other news my certificates arrived for my qualifications i studied for last year. Never graduated for anything me, so missing ceremony in Ireland but I've got official qualifications and certicates! 

Can you get a qualification in rum? :P

Congrats HMV!

28 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Well done HMV x

Do you have more initials to follow HMV now you are officially certified?

Hi all,

Grumpyhack has replied to my frantic message and seems to have been under the impression that it doesn't matter how many lists you are on, if a ticket has been purchased in anybody's name it just comes up in red that it has been purchased. I've actually seen this before and while it my be true for single tickets I'm pretty damned sure I've read on here about people missing out because they were on more than one group. I'd obviously rather not take the chance not to mention the fact that you are all bending over backwards to try and help us get tickets.

Right, after speaking with Robinn I believe I have sorted this whole sorry mess out! He is contacting the folks that he is aware of who are trying for Grumpyhack to either add me to the list, take Grumpy off or to put us both on a separate list should they manage to get through twice.

This means that our pot is the same. Just myself and grumpy. 

However! I have no idea if Grumpy has spoken to anybody else about tickets so if everyone is aware that any form could be rejected. Hopefully it will be because somebody else has got through sooner but if it does it would be worth deleting Grumpy's deets and trying again.

Sorry for the shitstorm!:rolleyes:

Shaun.

Edited by MilkyJoe

Congratulations on getting your qualifications HMV.  I've managed to scrape through life with only a few qualifications, but as a result always felt a little insecure about jobs etc. That said, I was actually 'forced' to get one qualification though in my last job, which was to get an asbestos surveying qualification. Pretty useless though, if one of your rules in life is to go no where near asbestos and start disturbing the asbestos fibres.

Glad we could solve this relatively quickly. Hope we all get the tickets we need in the end.

I doubt there are still people willing to help in the resale that are not helping someone out already, but if there are, please drop me a DM, really could use some extra hands! :) 

4 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Grumpyhack has replied to my frantic message and seems to have been under the impression that it doesn't matter how many lists you are on, if a ticket has been purchased in anybody's name it just comes up in red that it has been purchased.

While that's true, it still shouldn't make it acceptable to straddle multiple groups.

Firstly, because the system doesn't always work cleanly. There's multiple stories of people having submitted the registration details, got that message for one or more of their group, and then when they correct the details the form bombs back out to the holding or front page and directly because of that people end up ticketless.

Secondly, and in this particular case just as importantly, because it adds manual effort / checking / delay into the process, and given that last year the sale last about 90 seconds total if that, any delay can quite realistically be death.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

While that's true, it still shouldn't make it acceptable to straddle multiple groups.

Firstly, because the system doesn't always work cleanly. There's multiple stories of people having submitted the registration details, got that message for one or more of their group, and then when they correct the details the form bombs back out to the holding or front page and directly because of that people end up ticketless.

Secondly, and in this particular case just as importantly, because it adds manual effort / checking / delay into the process, and given that last year the sale last about 90 seconds total if that, any delay can quite realistically be death.

This, put much nicer than I ever can.