NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

1 hour ago, noplacelikehome said:

Thanks all for the welcome good to be back, all is fine at home just lots on as in the process of buying a new house which is always stressful - looks like we may be moving in October so my biggest stress is that we might have to move on the weekend of ticket day - I cannot let that happen as will have no broadband !!! - is my Glastonbury obsession getting too much???  Enjoy London djdave love the southbank and the Tate Modern especially, really want to go back now the new extension is open. Quark- your festival sounds great and for £20 it would be rude not to, and my post festival comedown is very very bad this year as I don't have any more to look forward to have only managed to watch 2 sets from the bbc as couldn't face watching it, wishing I was back at the farm.  note to self - more festivals next year.

Very Manchester here in Manchester - but off to the lakes tomorrow for a long weekend where it will - no doubt be very Manchester so I will be happy to take one for the team.  Love to all x

Thanks! I'll let you all know what I end up getting up to :)

Good luck with the buying / moving! Looking to buy for the first time myself in the next couple of years - I have it all to look forward to...

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Going to change the topic...

I need a bit of a pick me up, even it's only false hope.  Was trawling emails last night, and came upon the one I sent to lost property last year after I left my phone in Strummerville (mental note to self: new song title).  Hadn't thought about it for a whiler but it reminded me that I had all the photos on there from #getMiketoGlastonbury (if anyone else remembers it).

So.  Has anyone had any experience or anecdotes of lost property showing up in later years?  I refuse to accept defeat!

I have seen on here people having cameras etc returned months later, I suppose it could happen years later too! 

Sort of remember the campaign, can you remind us? 

I've just been outside. It's all gone a bit Manchester. 

2 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I have seen on here people having cameras etc returned months later, I suppose it could happen years later too! 

Sort of remember the campaign, can you remind us? 

I've just been outside. It's all gone a bit Manchester. 

He was the guy who passed away before last year's festival, so his friends asked for a photo of him to be left at the Strummer Stone.  In the end there must have been about 30 or 40 copies of his photo either pinned to or left by the tree in Strummerville.

I'd taken his picture around with me for the whole week and got people to hold it up so I could get photos of him with staff and punters at all the stages.  And then promptly lost my bloody phone in Strummerville at 3am on the Sunday night. Had a couple of good photos with friends as well, but the Mike ones were the ones I was really hacked off with myself about.

37 minutes ago, Quark said:

He was the guy who passed away before last year's festival, so his friends asked for a photo of him to be left at the Strummer Stone.  In the end there must have been about 30 or 40 copies of his photo either pinned to or left by the tree in Strummerville.

I'd taken his picture around with me for the whole week and got people to hold it up so I could get photos of him with staff and punters at all the stages.  And then promptly lost my bloody phone in Strummerville at 3am on the Sunday night. Had a couple of good photos with friends as well, but the Mike ones were the ones I was really hacked off with myself about.

I remember now! What a lovely thing for you to do. Maybe it's worth emailing the lost property again? 

32 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Afternoon you lovely people,

Just given a pint of the red stuff and they didn't offer me a biscuit - what is the world coming to ... I'd saved myself all day from the sweet stuff for that biscuit :-(

FFxx

No biscuit?!? Crikey! 

Well done for giving blood. I'm not allowed due to having had M.E when I was in my 20's. Quite relieved really, as I'm very squeamish but I do think if you can give blood, you should, so I would, but it would make me feel very peculiar! 

9 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I remember now! What a lovely thing for you to do. Maybe it's worth emailing the lost property again? 

Already have and they actually replied really quickly!  Does sometimes happen, but he's checked the HTCs they've got and mine doesn't appear to be there :(

The only thing giving me hope is that a friend's wallet was turned up in the field and posted back to him about 5 years after he went!

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Already have and they actually replied really quickly!  Does sometimes happen, but he's checked the HTCs they've got and mine doesn't appear to be there :(

The only thing giving me hope is that a friend's wallet was turned up in the field and posted back to him about 5 years after he went!

Had they cancelled their cards yet?

37 minutes ago, Quark said:

You never know then, it may turn up still! 

Mr Ginger lost his phone in the mud this year, it was only a cheapie but it's the numbers he's missing. We're hoping that turns up one day! 

4 hours ago, Quark said:

Dare I ask @Woffy?  Either missed it or have blocked it from my memory.

4 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Er, best not to ask but just go with the fact that "relations" anytime after a couple of days at a festival are, erm, foolish, due to the dairy like nature of certain areas of a person. 

Ahem. 

It was also the 'bodily warmth' of the description that reviled and amused in equal parts.

'Chowing down' was also mentioned.

Evening folks, hope you're all looking forward to the weekend. @djdavejohnson it's already been mentioned but Tate Modern is always worth a walk round. @Quark enjoy the Festie. £20 is a proper bargain and fingers crossed that phone turns up sooner or later. @noplacelikehome Enjoy the Lakes. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice this weekend. You should have gone to Kendal Calling! @Funkyfairy! well done on giving blood, "a pint? That's practically an armful!" I always thought they gave out sugar cubes or is that a bit frowned upon these days?

7 hours ago, Quark said:

Welcome back @ourkid1984, hope the back loosens up a bit soon.  What have you managed to do to it?

Hello Quark,

The annoying thing is I did nothing to put it out. I went to go up some stairs and couldn't even get up one stair. It's improved a lot since Sunday so hoping it will be sorted soon.

37 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Evening folks, hope you're all looking forward to the weekend. @djdavejohnson it's already been mentioned but Tate Modern is always worth a walk round. @Quark enjoy the Festie. £20 is a proper bargain and fingers crossed that phone turns up sooner or later. @noplacelikehome Enjoy the Lakes. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice this weekend. You should have gone to Kendal Calling! @Funkyfairy! well done on giving blood, "a pint? That's practically an armful!" I always thought they gave out sugar cubes or is that a bit frowned upon these days?

Thanks MilkyJoe and to everyone else for your suggestions :)

I've been trying to figure out the cheapest way to travel to and around London. I wish I hadn't bothered! What a palava! I have an Oyster Card so admittedly it does throw something else into the mix, but still. And I'm still none the wiser!

28 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

overhead pic fans behold!

i just found a review of my first fest that i've been looking for for 22 years, and it includes this amazing pic

from this website that has archived many issues of Select 

http://selectmagazinescans.monkeon.co.uk/?p=4251

glasto7.jpg

Couldn't you find one from when they'd finished building the place and everyone had turned up?

Left The Park build a bit late didn't they?

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Couldn't you find one from when they'd finished building the place and everyone had turned up?

Left The Park build a bit late didn't they?

everybody used to get in free in those days.  there's 250,000 people in that photo (and that's just in Holts)

Edited by fatyeti24

48 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

i just found a review of my first fest that i've been looking for for 22 years, and it includes this amazing pic

glasto7.jpg

Galliano and Senser? Bloody hell, I really don't miss the 90's at all! I guess that must be '94, the year the pyramid burned down? 

8 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

glasto7.jpg

Great find Yeti :) 

I needed some reading for the train today - this could keep me entertained for a while!