NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Beautiful story, Yog. Lovely to see you back under the original moniker (wasn't keen on the II...there can be only one!). Already  warming up my f5 finger for you and Mrs Yog for April. 

:)

Ben

Hello Ben. I wasn't really happy with my alias either. Much happier now that I'm back to normal. lol

Thanks for the offer of help, it's greatly appreciated. Got to get those tickets, got to get those tickets etc etc. :)

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Fuck me Yog, if ever there was a time to find a pre-roll it would be then!! Bloody liability so you are ;)

I can't have the joint just yet as I have to pick some people up from the Black Sabbath concert in a few hours. The Genting Arena (old NEC) and surrounding areas, car parks, roads etc are a maze when not stoned. I'd hate to try to co-ordinate myself around the place stoned. Talk about getting 'the fear'!  Hope you won your match today. :)

2 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Well today I have bought all of my cheap and cheerful rose gold plated jewellery for Glastonbury. I always lose them or break them so they need replacing every year. 

I have also regretfully decided not to bring cherry bakewell. Emma and I are on the coach again this year so we're limited to what we can carry, and last year (as it was for us all) was just torture. 

If you remind me of the recipe, I may well be able to sort out some cherry bakewell. I'm thinking of working the fest this year, and Mrs gumby and her sister arriving later, so we should be able to squeeze it in somewhere (fnar!)

29 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can't have the joint just yet as I have to pick some people up from the Black Sabbath concert in a few hours. The Genting Arena (old NEC) and surrounding areas, car parks, roads etc are a maze when not stoned. I'd hate to try to co-ordinate myself around the place stoned. Talk about getting 'the fear'!  Hope you won your match today. :)

No mate, got the shit kicked out of us!! :lol:

Happily I've come out in one piece, so I've a mind to drag myself out of bed early doors and get out on the bike for a good couple of hours in the morning.

Saw Sabbath at Download last year, and have to say they were fantastic

3 hours ago, mr gumby said:

If you remind me of the recipe, I may well be able to sort out some cherry bakewell. I'm thinking of working the fest this year, and Mrs gumby and her sister arriving later, so we should be able to squeeze it in somewhere (fnar!)

Eh?? You have tickets don't you? Why would you be working?  Well the very complicated ingredients are equal measures of cherry brandy, vodka and amaretto. 

Hi lovely peeps.  Great story @Yoghurt on a Stick.  In his youth Mr Moo was rolling a joint while his friend was driving.  He put it down on the dashboard for a moment, at which point his friend slammed on the brakes.  The spliff rolled into one of the air vents, never to be seen again.  The friend sold the car shortly after.  Always wondered if the extra cargo was ever found.

Looking forward to seeing you flash for 30 seconds @bennyhana22!  It would be good to have a precise location for the NFR meet this year, or some easy way of identifying people.  Last year I gave up trying to find people at the Glade,  and was only able to recognise @mr gumby later at Croissant Neuf because he'd posted his wedding photo on here. Would be nice to put more faces to names this year.  I guess if Ben's flashing I may not notice his face...

Great to hear people are generally in a good place.  Of course we'll all be in the best place in June (including Mr and Mrs Yog, and all other friends still in need of tickets)

43 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Hi lovely peeps.  Great story @Yoghurt on a Stick.  In his youth Mr Moo was rolling a joint while his friend was driving.  He put it down on the dashboard for a moment, at which point his friend slammed on the brakes.  The spliff rolled into one of the air vents, never to be seen again.  The friend sold the car shortly after.  Always wondered if the extra cargo was ever found.

Looking forward to seeing you flash for 30 seconds @bennyhana22!  It would be good to have a precise location for the NFR meet this year, or some easy way of identifying people.  Last year I gave up trying to find people at the Glade,  and was only able to recognise @mr gumby later at Croissant Neuf because he'd posted his wedding photo on here. Would be nice to put more faces to names this year.  I guess if Ben's flashing I may not notice his face...

Great to hear people are generally in a good place.  Of course we'll all be in the best place in June (including Mr and Mrs Yog, and all other friends still in need of tickets)

Hello dizzymoo. I like the optimistic tones in your post. As far as I'm concerned I have three goals as far as Glastonbury this year is concerned (1) To get tickets. (2) To get to the efests meet. (3) To get to the NFR NFC meet. 

I suppose it's still a fair way off but I am also up for knowing the time/ day (Thursday?)/ and location of the meet, and whether I have to bring some sort of identification such as a fully inflated blow up aardvark or similar. Not sure why I need to have this confirmed sooner rather than later. Anybody else suffer from this,  or should I be worried?

Anyway, hope you and yours are all well dizzymoo.  :)

9 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Eh?? You have tickets don't you? Why would you be working?  Well the very complicated ingredients are equal measures of cherry brandy, vodka and amaretto. 

We do have tickets, but I'm thinking of refunding mine if I get a place litter picking. There are a few reasons why. Firstly, it costs less, I won't get all my deposit back, as the charity I'm volunteering with keeps £100 of it, but it basically means glasto will cost me that £100 plus a bit of work, rather than £243 or whatever. Second, that £100 goes to fund the work done by Small Steps Project, who help families, and particularly children, who scratch an existence on landfill sites, trying to find scrap metal and recyclables to sell. Not an easy or safe place to live. Third, it means I can turn up a few days before gates open and explore the site while it's being finished off, and I can take my small tent to the crew field, and then on Wednesday morning, I can take our family tent to set up where we want it before the fields fill up. There are also crew showers (normally happy with wet wipes, but if showers are available without queueing, they are quite nice!), free tea and coffee, and two free meals each day I work. Finally, it'll mean there's one more ticket in the resale for Yog and Mrs Yog to go for! :)

7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello dizzymoo. I like the optimistic tones in your post. As far as I'm concerned I have three goals as far as Glastonbury this year is concerned (1) To get tickets. (2) To get to the efests meet. (3) To get to the NFR NFC meet. 

I suppose it's still a fair way off but I am also up for knowing the time/ day (Thursday?)/ and location of the meet, and whether I have to bring some sort of identification such as a fully inflated blow up aardvark or similar. Not sure why I need to have this confirmed sooner rather than later. Anybody else suffer from this,  or should I be worried?

Anyway, hope you and yours are all well dizzymoo.  :)

If you can find an inflatable aardvark, Yog, I'd wholeheartedly endorse the idea! Not compulsory, though :)

The thing with the NFR meet is, its usually Thursday afternoon/evening, so there are quite a few venues with stuff going on. It generally makes sense to wait until the full lineup comes out, before deciding where and when we meet, otherwise we might find that we're (for example) meeting at 4 at Avalon, but at 5, half of us want to see something at William's Green and the other half want to go to Bimble Inn. If everybody knows what's on, it makes it easier to pick a place and time that suits as many of us as possible. 

http://pitchfork.com/news/71161-neil-young-will-induct-pearl-jam-into-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame/ 

I know how much you lot like to keep up with the gods of music....yes..... Pearl jam..... Before some silly bugger starts on about pj Harvey or some other silly bands lol 

12 hours ago, mr gumby said:

If you can find an inflatable aardvark, Yog, I'd wholeheartedly endorse the idea! Not compulsory, though :)

The thing with the NFR meet is, its usually Thursday afternoon/evening, so there are quite a few venues with stuff going on. It generally makes sense to wait until the full lineup comes out, before deciding where and when we meet, otherwise we might find that we're (for example) meeting at 4 at Avalon, but at 5, half of us want to see something at William's Green and the other half want to go to Bimble Inn. If everybody knows what's on, it makes it easier to pick a place and time that suits as many of us as possible. 

I'll look in to the inflatable aardvark thing. The other stuff you say makes perfect sense to me now. Thanks for the explanation mr gumby, as I hadn't even considered those kind of facts. :)

33 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I cannot fault your logic. :)

I only wish it was possible to legitimately transfer a ticket if you opt for working, rather than having to cancel, but I guess it would be open to profiteering. I might fire off a quick e-mail, just to be sure, before returning my deposit, though.

7 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I only wish it was possible to legitimately transfer a ticket if you opt for working, rather than having to cancel, but I guess it would be open to profiteering. I might fire off a quick e-mail, just to be sure, before returning my deposit, though.

I think you are right in doubting the ability to do this. I recall it being a negative when I saw it first muted on here many moons ago.