NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went back to work yesterday, actually nowhere near as bad as expected! Shoulder is behaving itself so been able to get back in the gym as well, and got a shipment of winter cycling gear on its way for the weekend so I'm back out on the bike.

Hope your mum's doing OK @H.M.V, and not doing too badly yourself!

And happy birthday @deebeedoobee :)

3 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I might be filled with snot and on my death bed but the news of Diana Rose just properly cheered me right up. Got lots of sparkling to do.  So happy. Best ledge slot ever. 

Where? Really??!!! Fantastic!! Not the snot filled death bed bit, btw. 

3 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I might be filled with snot and on my death bed but the news of Diana Rose just properly cheered me right up. Got lots of sparkling to do.  So happy. Best ledge slot ever. 

What news - what have I missed

@h.m.v hope you Mum is doing OK and your lurgy gets better soon

Happy Birthday @deebeedoobee

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

Now that is as excting or maybe more so than Diana Ross 'confirmation'

What date have you reserved ? Back at 'home' in Ireland or new home in the Lakes ?

How flippin exciting :-)

September in the lake District. Be mad not to do the deed there when it's so stunningly beautiful. 

That confirmation came after the Diana one so I can be excited about them both. :D

Just now, H.M.V said:

September in the lake District. Be mad not to do the deed there when it's so stunningly beautiful. 

That confirmation came after the Diana one so I can be excited about them both. :D

Today is a good day :-)

BTW the house looks bloody stunning. Following the page, keep posting, just amazing !

Hello all,

Lot's of good news on this thread today, which lifts the spirit. I have an important family meeting tonight which may alter my life. I was very nervous about it but have taken something to calm my nerves now. This is a good thing because it'll hopefully mean that I don't kick off when antagonised (it will happen, believe me). I'm determined to stay strong and not be swayed away from the path me and my wife have chosen. It really is a case of choosing life over wealth, as far as I'm concerned.

As an aside does anybody know if Ben is OK? My communications with him over the Christmas period were broken. Just want to hear that he's OK.

Happy birthday deebeedoobee, and best wishes to all on here for 2017.

Excellent news @H.M.V!

My other half popped the question whilst on holiday.

And great news about Diana Ross in the legend slot. Missed that completly!

@Yoghurt on a Stick - I have no idea what your family meeting is about but I do know that you have to make your own choices in life, your own memories and your own happiness. Best of luck with the meeting!

4 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

Excellent news @H.M.V!

@Yoghurt on a Stick - I have no idea what your family meeting is about but I do know that you have to make your own choices in life, your own memories and your own happiness. Best of luck with the meeting!

And did you say yes SL?!  Glad you had a lovely hol.

Great news @H.M.V,  September in the Lakes is the perfect setting for a wedding.  

@Yoghurt on a Stick I  hope the family meeting goes well this evening.  It's your life,  and you only get to live it once, so do what you feel is right.

Glad your shoulder's improved @Quark, and happy birthday @deebeedoobee

Hope everyone's managing to get through the depressing return to work thing.  Mr Moo's grumpy at having to drag himself out of bed early, and the car playing up, and it being January.  Eldest goes back to uni this weekend, and youngest has his first day at the Outreach school tomorrow.  I'm trying to have a clearout but keep getting distracted and reading the magazines I'm meant to be putting in the recyling.  There is no hope for me,  I'm destined to disappear under a pile of clutter which may come in useful one day - that day being the one after I throw it away.  

25 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

Excellent news @H.M.V!

Hello sheffieldlady. You have hit the nail right on the head - I do need to create my own memories and not let others distort that process.

Did you say 'yes' to your other half, as you haven't told us? :)

10 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

And did you say yes SL?!  Glad you had a lovely hol.

Great news @H.M.V,  September in the Lakes is the perfect setting for a wedding.  

@Yoghurt on a Stick I  hope the family meeting goes well this evening.  It's your life,  and you only get to live it once, so do what you feel is right.

Glad your shoulder's improved @Quark, and happy birthday @deebeedoobee

Hope everyone's managing to get through the depressing return to work thing.  Mr Moo's grumpy at having to drag himself out of bed early, and the car playing up, and it being January.  Eldest goes back to uni this weekend, and youngest has his first day at the Outreach school tomorrow.  I'm trying to have a clearout but keep getting distracted and reading the magazines I'm meant to be putting in the recyling.  There is no hope for me,  I'm destined to disappear under a pile of clutter which may come in useful one day - that day being the one after I throw it away.  

Hello dizzymoo,

Also very fine and appropriate words, thank you.

I know exactly what you mean about clutter / hoarding things then having a clear out and then realising that you need some of those things. I've done it a number of times and can confirm that it's more than annoying to go and have to buy something you already had and threw away. I'm a bit of a magpie when it comes to things - I went to the council tip last week and actually took something out of the tip while in the process of throwing stuff away. It was half a skateboard (complete with truck and wheels) which I'm going to make a small shelf out of.

On 3 January 2017 at 9:04 PM, guypjfreak said:

Not something that we would have seen hadn't the wife won tickets... The book isn't nearly as good but the film great I'm really glad you watched it.. I feel like a bit of ear SEX lol 

Don't knock the ear sex until you've tried it!:D incidentally as with any successful foreign film these days there is a Hollywood remake of the Intouchables on the way starring Bryan Cranston of Breaking Bad fame. Time will tell if they manage to do it any justice but my hopes aren't high...

Congratulations sheffieldlady.

My family meeting went quite well this evening. Essentially it involved me telling my family that I am going to sell the house that I spent nearly 30 years working for, in order to be able to help properly fund my wife's shop (which we rent), pay off some debts, buy a smaller house in the same area (or same sized house in a less desirable area), and leave some contingency money in the bank. My family are aware of my hedonistic ways, so were naturally worried that me and my wife would just blow the lot. As we have already blown an equivalent amount already in our relatively short time together we are not going to be doing this (it was the most fantastic fun at the time, but a pretty stupid thing to do). There was an awful lot of pressure for me to 'conform' and just get the same job as I used to do (Building Maintenance Surveyor) but I held out because I no longer want to waste my life pleasing others. In fact, it was your (sheffieldlady) words that ran around my head as I rebuffed these attempts for me to get shackled like I felt I was before. I even stated some of those words - that I wanted to create my own memories.

So, I'm feeling quite happy now and now have a way forward. I am going to work hard at promoting the shop and also, hopefully, do odd jobs for people to help support us. It would be easy to go in to a downward spiral but hopefully this will not happen.

In addition to the above I am going to try to promote my art this year (our landlord took two of my art heads off me and let us off £400 of the rent that we owed last month, which is a fine start).

Do you know - I'm actually looking forward to 2017 now.

1 hour ago, sheffieldlady said:

I did say yes, well actually, I said 'alright' not being the romantic types it suited us haha! I'm having an awful time adjusting back into the right time zone! Thankfully I have until Monday until I start work! So it gives my body time to adjust!

Congratulations! Quite the NFR meet ahead. Lots to chat about. 

Gonna be a vintage year my lovelies. 

Well if this ain't just a shedload to get your head around at the start of 2017! Sounds like things are kicking off really well for everyone.  Congratulations SL, best wishes and all that jazz! And good luck to youngest Dizzy, hope the first day at outreach goes well for him.

That's a proper good way to start your year Yog.  There's definitely more of a shift in general towards people looking for overall happiness and quality of life instead of chasing the dollar, and that can only be a good thing.  Great to hear that you're actually looking forward to the year ahead.

Think HMV's got it bang on.  I feel a good year coming up.  All praise!

download.jpg

Oh my and another great 24 hours :-)

@sheffieldlady many congratulations, great news. Any date thought about for the nuptuals yet ?

@Yoghurt on a Stick, good for you. There's far too much pressure to conform, to have what is deemed a 'respectable' job, a house, a car blah blah blah but that doesn;t make everyone happy. There is far too much else out there, and providing they are not too self destructive or hurt others, then all is good. Follow what feels right , follow your heart and follow what makes you and your OH happy

Edited by Funkyfairy!

Hello and a very VERY happy new year to everyone NFR i hope you all had an absolutely wonderful couple of weeks :D

Well done and a massive Congratulations to everyone getting Married, engaged or anything else that just put a big HEOOOUGE smile on my kipper!!

Wow, Wow and a bloody big WOW!!! what fantastic news! A massive big feckoff congratulations to H to the M to the V and the man they call Yeti on your move up north (only an hour or so away) if you need any help then i,m more than game to come and help out whenever ya want lar.... made up for you both, hope it really kicks off and does well for you both (i`m well up for a lil romantic weekend away) :D

Loved the whole of 2016 especially Glastonbury and meeting a few of you NFR firm, it was a real pleasure guys and i hope to meet you and more of you again this year.

All the very best for 2017 everyone,

Nothin but love mofos :bow:

Happy New Year to everyone! Hope you all had a good Christmas and holiday and back to work hasn't been too bad. My first day back today as managed to put my back out on New years eve (in the morning unfortunately so no drink had been taken) so spent NYE in bed with a hot water bottle and some strong painkillers - been in bed for days, just back up and about and into work today - 2017 can only get better!  It's this year folks!