NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Yup, Ridge and Furrow was the plan.

Currently sat on the hill above the Tipi village, enjoying the view across the whole site :) Heading to the Arcadia crew bar shortly, then back to camp for a much needed shower (28,000 steps so far today, buckets of sweat, and clouds of dust!) After that, who knows? Looking forward to seeing the punters (including you lot!) pour in tomorrow morning!

See you soon! :)

Thanks Gumby.  Am jealous,  and slightly too drunk to pack properly.  Someone had to sample the raspberry vodka..

8 hours ago, noplacelikehome said:

Hi all - is anyone else still in work?

@guypjfreak is your van fixed yet???

Yep, 6.31am train to Newcastle for a techie meeting then back for non work till just now, and now work avoidance on here whilst sending the last work email on stuff people need to do before I get back.

Safe journey, safe queuing y'all.

#lackofsleeptraining.

Morning All! Popping my head in again. I hope everybody is well and excited - have an amazing time everyone! Sadly I can't be there this year (absoulutely gutted) but I've tuned into Worth FM from the office and I'll be watching ALL the TV coverage. Have a blast :)

Edited by djdavejohnson

24 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Left Dee'sat 6.30, got to gate b at 7, on-site at 7.30.

Tent now up and first beer open!

We're in Paines. Join us if you like or stop by. We have a big flag. 

received_10155413979366532.jpeg

I'm in too! Needless to say I have a small flag. I'll leave it to @mr gumby to comment! In Darble scorching here too! In at 8am exactly. Easiest ever. 

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude

Good morning you lovely festival goers. Page 4! What's all that about? I just wanted to update on my situation.

Well my plans fell through spectacularly yesterday. After having a contact on site that had a very good chance of getting me through the gates I had my car loaded up on Wednesday night, ready to set off yesterday lunchtime. Unfortunately a family crisis cropped up yesterday morning which has meant I had to cancel my plans. To say I'm absolutely gutted would be an understatement. I'm afraid to say that there are not many things more important than Glastonbury for me but family has to be one of them!

My dream is over at the final hurdle and it hurts. I could easily now ignore the whole weekend and pretend it's not happening but as I'm sure you're all aware this is easier said than done so I've got myself a plan. I'm going to get some Brothers in the fridge and I'm going to sit there with my steel cup from last year and watch every minute of the BBC coverage. Even though I'm not there I'm still going to enjoy Glastonbury in the only way I can and then look forward to Kendal Calling as my next festival.:)

Make sure you all have an amazing festival. I'll be looking on in envy at the webcam over the weekend and wishing I was there sharing it all with you. I'll look forward to hearing all about it after the comedown...

Shaun.

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

Good morning you lovely festival goers. Page 4! What's all that about? I just wanted to update on my situation.

Well my plans fell through spectacularly yesterday. After having a contact on site that had a very good chance of getting me through the gates I had my car loaded up on Wednesday night, ready to set off yesterday lunchtime. Unfortunately a family crisis cropped up yesterday morning which has meant I had to cancel my plans. To say I'm absolutely gutted would be an understatement. I'm afraid to say that there are not many things more important than Glastonbury for me but family has to be one of them!

My dream is over at the final hurdle and it hurts. I could easily now ignore the whole weekend and pretend it's not happening but as I'm sure you're all aware this is easier said than done so I've got myself a plan. I'm going to get some Brothers in the fridge and I'm going to sit there with my steel cup from last year and watch every minute of the BBC coverage. Even though I'm not there I'm still going to enjoy Glastonbury in the only way I can and then look forward to Kendal Calling as my next festival.:)

Make sure you all have an amazing festival. I'll be looking on in envy at the webcam over the weekend and wishing I was there sharing it all with you. I'll look forward to hearing all about it after the comedown...

Shaun.

So sorry to hear you can't make it Shaun. I hope your family situation gets better soon. 

Big hugs xx

17 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Shaun.

Oh just seen this

So sorry Shaun. Really hoped to share a beer with you on the farm. Come over for dinner sometime when I've got a kitchen. Which is soon. 

10 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Sending huge hugs MJ, yes for the positives of going to Kendal Calling :)

We've never met but I've bumped in to and met a whole host of NFR NFC folks in the last 2 days, so for sure one day in the future will we bump into on a farm in Somerset :)

Plus we need a bit more sun worshiping (it hard dr*zzled earlier we need the blistering heat back) :o

Thanks Georgie, it's a definite for 2019!:)

The farm looks a bit dark and dreary today, I'm doing my best to appease the weather gods up here in the lakes, it's all gone a bit cold and breezy! Hoping you get the sun back soon.

2 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

So sorry you didn't get to make it to the farm @MilkyJoe, but you made the right decisions. The farm will always be here. I do hope your family crisis is getting better? Much love to you dude x

Thanks Cg.:) All good here now, I probably could have made it down for Saturday and Sunday but unfortunately it would have been a struggle to get in after Friday morning and with such a long journey down it would have been heartbreaking if I hadn't got in and had to drive back again. Already looking forward to 2019!

See you at KC!:)

26 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Thanks Cg.:) All good here now, I probably could have made it down for Saturday and Sunday but unfortunately it would have been a struggle to get in after Friday morning and with such a long journey down it would have been heartbreaking if I hadn't got in and had to drive back again. Already looking forward to 2019!

See you at KC!:)

Yes you will!! See you next month :)

Morning ladies and worms

Alas, I was not at the festival this year and couldn't bring myself to be active on here over the last few months but the footage looked spot on!

Hope you all had a blast, I'm sure once everyone is recovered fully you can tell us all the nitty gritty details.

Re-establishing my presence on here in hope for a better chance at tickets in 2019.

Peas and love :D

Can't find the efests meet thread.... but sorry for not making the meets this year - dodged heatstroke by a whisker on Wednesday, spent Thursday recovering and fragile - was sad not to see everyone, but a long way from the mood for normal sociability too

Hi all, I've spent the day flying to and then relaxing in Spain. Perfect recovery for Glasto. @naughtygeorgie, as and when you come back to reality... you are a wonderful, 'full of energy and smiles', welcoming and friendly beautiful person!! It was just fab to meet you! I hope the come down passes quickly. 

@H.M.V, how's the heat rash? Maybe not so much nekkid dancing for 2019! 

@guypjfreak it was really lovely to finally meet you and the Mrs, and @Sawdusty Surfer sorry I stalked you :P but I had to meet the legend! 

Everyone else I met on Wednesday and Thursday, again, it was fab! Sorry I didn't find @deebeedoobee and @bennyhana22at Downlow, I was waiting for mates to catch up and didn't get the voicemail til hours later. 

I had a fricking fantastic time, my body is in protest, and I still haven't slept. Gutted it's a fallow next year, roll on 2019!