NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all! Apologies for my long absence, I was away in Ibiza and lost myself few a few days when I got back in recovery mode! 

Started my packing tonight, it's all getting very real! Pics of the site look amazing, think we'll all need to pile on the sun cream this year! :D

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

Hi all! Apologies for my long absence, I was away in Ibiza and lost myself few a few days when I got back in recovery mode! 

Started my packing tonight, it's all getting very real! Pics of the site look amazing, think we'll all need to pile on the sun cream this year! :D

Ibiza does take some getting over. Hope you had an amazing time!! 

6 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Ibiza does take some getting over. Hope you had an amazing time!! 

It really does! Especially in your 30s, I reckon 20 year old me would be shocked and saddened by my recovery time. 

Ready to go again though!

What/where is the Gateway riser?

I'm still working til 5:30. Then home to our sauna-like house to finish packing. VERY nervous for some reason, think because I am coaching and stressing about not taking too much stuff!

Can't wait to set off :)

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Hey you lovely lot :)

Had a look at the theatre field, and I reckon this place might be a good spot to meet up, for those wanting to see NYBB. About 50 yards from the spot they'll be playing, and good for a nice cold drink! :)

IMG_20170620_103306.thumb.jpg.a6e5b70fe03d919ca2a8724ddcbc4e46.jpg

Looks good to me!! 

8 hours ago, Skoo said:

It really does! Especially in your 30s, I reckon 20 year old me would be shocked and saddened by my recovery time. 

Ready to go again though!

What/where is the Gateway riser?

In the theatre field. See above post from Mr G. Meet at theatre bar at 3pm

Final prep underway now. Painting nails then nipping to work to liberate my prosecco cans from the fridge before final check/panic and departure! Need a drink to steady the nerves I think.  Am taking appropriate weather-god appeasing attire. See you all there :D

Back from Cuba! So glad I packed my glasto bag before I went, made life much easier today! Decanting booze and sharpening my pocket knife then it's early doors for the coach tomorrow :yahoo:

Will try and catch up on the last 15 odd pages, but the main thing seems to be 15:00 on Thu for NYBB and booze! Looking forward to meeting all you lovely people at last, safe travels all :friends:

20 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Arse, late to the party as usual.  I thought it was the Ridge and Furrrow after NYBB?  Help please!!

Yup, Ridge and Furrow was the plan.

Currently sat on the hill above the Tipi village, enjoying the view across the whole site :) Heading to the Arcadia crew bar shortly, then back to camp for a much needed shower (28,000 steps so far today, buckets of sweat, and clouds of dust!) After that, who knows? Looking forward to seeing the punters (including you lot!) pour in tomorrow morning!

See you soon! :)