NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Morning lovelies, sorry I've been largely absent from this thread for the last several weeks.:( 

Well after a long 6 weeks I think it's safe to say for all those that haven't already #teamMJ can stand down. Pretty gutted that there has been no resale this year but thems the breaks I'm afraid. Just to keep you all updated, I have a phone call to make on Tuesday that will hopefully clear up whether I'm going to make it in this year. If it works out I'll try my very best to be there on Thursday afternoon for the meet but if not I'm hoping to be around for Wheel of Four Tunes at Sensation Seekers on Thursday night. I'll update on here as soon as I know more.

If the worst happens and I'm not able to make it in then you all have a safe journey to and from and make sure you have a wonderful festival and raise a glass to absent friends!

Shaun.

Gutted for you mate, hope your Tuesday phone call is fruitful. I couldn't believe it when I got back from Ibiza this week and there STILL hadn't been a resale. Really feel for everyone who has been camped out by their laptops for that golden ticket, I wonder why there hasn't been one this year?

Keeping fingers crossed for you x

11 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Gutted for you mate, hope your Tuesday phone call is fruitful. I couldn't believe it when I got back from Ibiza this week and there STILL hadn't been a resale. Really feel for everyone who has been camped out by their laptops for that golden ticket, I wonder why there hasn't been one this year?

Keeping fingers crossed for you x

Thanks Skoo, just one of those things I guess, I think that because there has been a sale for the last few years now everybody just expects one so it's obviously been a bit of a shock that there hasn't been one this year. I think the general consensus has been that any refunded tickets just got absorbed back into the festival this year.:( 

Hi all! I'm just home from a weekend in London to see Stone Roses, they were brilliant! I'm bloody knackered now, and I have to work tomorrow and need to pack for Glastonbury! Eek! 

Will catch up properly tomorrow when my eyes are working properly! 

Love to all xxx

Evening all :)

Busy busy today. Car is packed up, ready for the off tomorrow. Can't wait, and feeling really positive about the weather this year! I reckon we're due a good one! :)

I may not get much chance to check in after tonight, so I hope ways in and naughty vans get sorted, and everyone has a good journey to the festival. See you all on the farm! :)

Morning! Last day of work today! WOO! 

Guy I hope the van is ok, what a pain.

I need to make a list of things I have to do tonight and tomorrow morning, I havent packed anything yet and my trolley is still in it's box! Need to make sure it's ok!! Aiming to leave about lunchtime tomorrow, staying at a friends tomorrow night and convoying with the group on Wednesday morning. 

I'll be at the efests meet this year, so will hopefully see some of you then. 

Gumby, are you scouting out the field for the NFR meet? :)

2 hours ago, frostypaw said:

Everybody fingers crossed for Guy's van now the weather is sorted I reckon!

In something of a state of disbelief it's about to be the festival with all the weather and the chaos going on.

My fingers are well and truly crossed for the van! 

@MilkyJoe fingers crossed for your call tomorrow - you deserve to get there - does this mean I can stop putting the notes with your reg no on my screen first thing every morning when I get into work now?.  @guypjfreak hope your van gets sorted and you get on the road as planned. @lucyginger I have also not packed anything and work is being a nightmare so not sure when I will be able to (maybe midnight Tuesday)

Everyone else, looking forward to seeing you on the farm, if we are in for the efests meet will see you there but otherwise should be at the NFR meet on Thursday. Safe travels all those en route x

Hi all, I've not packed, not shopped, not proffed tent, not nowt, and i set off at 9.30 tomorrow morning.

Hope all the mishaps get sorted, I got my van back and then scraped the side because i'd forgotten how wide it is.  I may sidle up to one of the meets so you can all say "who are you.......?"

6 minutes ago, jeffie said:

Hi all, I've not packed, not shopped, not proffed tent, not nowt, and i set off at 9.30 tomorrow morning.

Hope all the mishaps get sorted, I got my van back and then scraped the side because i'd forgotten how wide it is.  I may sidle up to one of the meets so you can all say "who are you.......?"

Does the van work ok Jeffie? Apart from the new scratch on the side! 

3 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Does the van work ok Jeffie? Apart from the new scratch on the side! 

It's not a CV, it's a dog van with a crewcab.  Yes it's bloody lovely apart from the scratch.

Wow - looks glorious Gumby - bet you had forgotten what it looked like with grass. @jeffie do come along to the meet was lovely to meet you last year.  Enjoy Pilton @H.M.V and @fatyeti24 are you going to stay with Dee and Digger?

Its so close I can almost taste it (just another day of work to get through first :()