NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I think I'll give it a miss. I was been chased by two rednecks as I had to climb through their Winnebago with the 10 man tent and friends and kids to avoid the sea of mattresses and people lying on them at the pyramid! Then the Winnebago was trying to run me over. I'm traumatised haha

Awww, that does sound pretty intimidating, maybe that's because I also watched Deliverance as a teenager, so rednecks especially so :o

1 hour ago, cornish hick said:

Morning Onen hag oll :)

Been out of the loop here for a while.

Where do I come to be glitterised?

whats NYBB?

Proper summer here at last - first evening cider-cyle to the beach last night. Stick please weather gods and goddesses.

Ah NYBB - NY Brass Band ,  whereto & When?

Hello Mr Hick- I believe they are on the Gateway Riser - but can't remember when - some point on Thursday afternoon??

Just now, noplacelikehome said:

Hello Mr Hick- I believe they are on the Gateway Riser - but can't remember when - some point on Thursday afternoon??

3pm. Few of us meeting up beforehand. Mr G will post a photo on here on Monday. I will be wearing a sequins dress of all colours 

4 hours ago, Mardy said:

Hahaha. You know what, when we got tickets this year, that was what my wife was most excited about. The absolute highlight of her festival last year.

You coming to the efests thing? Would be great to see you again this year. 

awwww thats so great .... glad I made her smile :-)

If I make to the meet this year I will bring glitter for your wife and for @h.m.v , kind of planning on going to the meet, but also don't want to be tied too much to stuff this year.... who am I kidding, yeah I reckon I'll be there :-)

See you next week

11 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

10 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

3pm. Few of us meeting up beforehand. Mr G will post a photo on here on Monday. I will be wearing a sequins dress of all colours 

Cheers me dears :)

Will read back a few pages this evening to 'try' to make sense of every thing.

21 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

How do you set up texts ... I'll be roaming so no data , so texts for alerts of any description are really my only hope

Sweetheart I have no idea how to do it. I set it up a couple of years back and surpringly it's still working. From the secret Glasto text alerts thread it says... go into your twitter account and settings and privacy? Put your phone number in using +44 and deleting the 0. Then follow SecretGlasto and turn on notifications, and text notifications. @mr flow is running it this year (thankyou kind sir) and he is doing a test tweet on Thursday I believe. Good luck 

Edited by Curlygirl

Results just in... @bennyhana22 any advice? They've offered me injections. Anything I can do to improve them? 

Left knee - there is an undisplaced fracture of the lateral tibial plateau posteriorily. Low grade chondromalacia patellae is noted

Right knee - detection of enchondroma in the distal femur  

dr said I have osteoarthritis and wear of cartilage  

5 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Sweetheart I have no idea how to do it. I set it up a couple of years back and surpringly it's still working. From the secret Glasto text alerts thread it says... go into your twitter account and settings and privacy? Put your phone number in using +44 and deleting the 0. Then follow SecretGlasto and turn on notifications, and text notifications. @mr flow is running it this year (thankyou kind sir) and he is doing a test tweet on Thursday I believe. Good luck 

@CurlygirlIf you go on the thread, a lot of people are recommending services that will tweet you the updates so I'd recommend following their instructions before you start roaming. I can send out a test tomorrow or Friday to make sure it's working, but let me know if you have any issues :)

14 minutes ago, mr flow said:

@CurlygirlIf you go on the thread, a lot of people are recommending services that will tweet you the updates so I'd recommend following their instructions before you start roaming. I can send out a test tomorrow or Friday to make sure it's working, but let me know if you have any issues :)

Thanx Mr Flow but mine seems to be working. I got a text this morning and one about oasis playing :P  thanx for running it this year 

20 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Hey Jeffie!! Nice to see you round these parts. 

Now tell me peeps, how do moths get in my house when there are no openings for them to get in? 

They live in your clothes......

2 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Oh Gumby I thought you were bigger than that, you're stooping to Scruffs level there... I'm not angry, just disappointed

:D:D:D

You could've been more disappointed, I could've sniggered at this!

39 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

and I'm toying 

59 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

That's some impressive glitterbearding :)

May I ask what you used to stick it to the yeti beard?  OH has a bushier one this year and I'm toying with using his expensive beard gel opposed to the tiny tubes of  glitter glue that I've got.

It was just cheap hair gel, iirc.