NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

22 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Shit mechanic.. Just woke up from festival fucking in agony.. Hopefully van will be ready if not fucked.... Not going to do to much till festival and going to take it easy this time lol 

Hope you and van are properly sorted in time for the festival Guy.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Tickets and CV pass arrived!!  Now I can start making the list, sampling the raspberry vodka, getting the cover off the caravan.  We're so chaotic we make See look ruthlessly efficient :)

WOOOOO!!!! Waiting for tickets is nerve wracking! 

Guy, hope the van (and you) are ok! 

Bloody bootiful down here today, I'm off to Primarni to do a bit of festival shopping after work and then hopefully I'm done! Need to get a bit more booze too :)

4 days of work left! 3 this week, then a trip to London for Stone Roses, then a day in work, the Glastonbury! WOOO! 

3 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Tickets and CV pass arrived!!  Now I can start making the list, sampling the raspberry vodka, getting the cover off the caravan.  We're so chaotic we make See look ruthlessly efficient :)

Hurrah! ours came Friday - so exciting - liking the sound of raspberry vodka and you have reminded me I have some raspberry gin that I can bring :D. Hope you and the van get sorted Guy. Need to collect caravan, and do EVERYTHING else this weekend haven't even bought most of our booze yet we are never usually this disorganised - we do have a small pile of wet wipes and hand sanitizer on the bed in the spare room but that's it so far eek! Loving the state of the ground posts - come on sunshine :sungum:

MrsCJ is away this weekend, so I've got time to sort out the van and luggage before Tuesday at midnight which is what normally happens.

Work is manic, can't wait for the break.

1 minute ago, lucyginger said:

Yes all good with me!! Will we have a marker/flag/inflatable something so those that haven't met anyone know it's us? 

Please do this - otherwise I'll see a large group and go introduce myself as Sheffieldlady. Might be a bit weird? Maybe. That or I'll be adopted by the other group for a couple of hours, have a great time.. 

2 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Stick, weather gods, stick...

Is everyone ok with the Ridge & Furrow plan for meeting up this year, then?

Can't wait to see you all! :)

That's fine, what time? Oh, and remind me, where is that again?

33 minutes ago, carlosj said:

That's fine, what time? Oh, and remind me, where is that again?

Plan is around 4 at the R&F, which is in Bella's field, just by the gate into West Holts. Some of us are also heading for the Gateway riser in the theatre field beforehand for New York Brass Band, if you're interested?

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Plan is around 4 at the R&F, which is in Bella's field, just by the gate into West Holts. Some of us are also heading for the Gateway riser in the theatre field beforehand for New York Brass Band, if you're interested?

Cheers. Is that the acoustic one?

Hi guys. I have finished work for 4 weeks, I skipped out of the gate tonight!!

Does anyone know if anyone is running secret Glasto this year? I know it's unlikely but IF oasis are playing I'd be so upset if I missed it. Plus one of the Glasto Gals has said Elbow will be playing the park. And some of my crew would love that. 

Guy I do hope you and your van are in working order next week! Healing vibes to you x

and yes I'm definately up for NYBB and Ridge and Furrow. @naughtygeorgie I too want to do the peace sign thing but how are we meant to get from the village inn to the stone circle after meeting the girls in an hour? I want to do both! 

3 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Woohoo for finishing work :)

So my plan is to arrive at Village Inn bang on 11am (this means getting out of the comfort of my Monty Bus bed way too early) hanging around for half hour to 40 mins then a swift hike on up to Stone Circle.. then run on back down for 3pm NYBB ... what do you think?  I think it's def do-able :D

Did you see the Lauren Laverne thing?  If not I'll msg you it as it's prob a little bit secret and not for an open forum (which I seem to forget we are half the time!) But We're def doing that :yahoo:

Thank you to each and every efester do for your bloody normality... I've had it up to here ( raises arm as high as it'll go) with people. Family & friends whinge arsing about my being excited about Glastonbury, and you normal people here are with me, it is exciting,  so bloody exciting.  Grrr people!

Yes I've just seen it and I'm going!! 

As for the 20 minute hike to get from village inn to Stone circle... pushing it a little! Obviously there will be no m*d so it'll be easier but it's still a canny walk. I'll be with you tho!! x

Edited by Curlygirl

Just now, naughtygeorgie said:

Excellent on both fronts woopity woop woop woop :yahoo:

I'm very very very excited about the secret thing :yahoo:

So if we give ourselves a half hour with the Gals then a half hour to get up to the Stone Circle then we'll be all good. They'll def be no m*d, I saw on the Twitter that they were spraying the pathways today to keep the dust down! 

Thank you CG for your continued friendliness, you are a shining beacon of glory, restoring my faith in people :tender:

That is a lovely thing to say! I think I love you!! :wub: that's both for the lovely lovely compliment and the dust keepy downy thing!!  You're excitement is equally as lovely!! How about you get out of Monty bus a bit earlier and meet Emma and I at village inn at 10:30. I'll bring cherry bakewell and we'll have a mini meet up! I shall of course be wearing my sequins dress... because that's the law!! 

1 minute ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I think I love you right back :wub:

I don't think the OH will get out of bed any earlier... I'll try but I'm sure go fail -  He's an absolute buggar, I'll be up early making coffee, having a wash & basically throwing glitter everywhere.. he on the other hand will stay in bed until the last possible second, I'll be dragging him out whilst covering him in glitter :)

I'm sure I'll recognise you, especially in the dress, the gorgeous dress!  

I think I'll be in a gold dress, there may or may not be some form of a sequin hat, there will definitely be a sequin hoodie but it will of course be too hot to wear it so I'll swing it around :D

There will be glitter, so very much glitter :yahoo:

Ah Georgie you do make me laugh. Just lovely all round. Can you believe I'm not taking glitter! I'm relying on GGs to cover me! I know it's small but I'm packing extra light after last years getting in. All luxuries are out of the window! 

Hi all, now have rebuilt PC up and running, it blew up just as I was talking to you all about a week ago, and trying to get involved as my work laptop is just pants for this site..  Is that a sign?  I'll try to make my way back through the thread.  Helloe anyway.

J

2 minutes ago, jeffie said:

Hi all, now have rebuilt PC up and running, it blew up just as I was talking to you all about a week ago, and trying to get involved as my work laptop is just pants for this site..  Is that a sign?  I'll try to make my way back through the thread.  Helloe anyway.

J

Yo!

Glitter

Finbarr

Sun

Drink

Weddings

Dancing

Think that's it.

I keep turning round to talk about Glastonbury, and you're not there in the office. They don't get it.