NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

Just now, MilkyJoe said:

I'm hoping to make it this year CurlyGirl as I had to miss last year due to work. I don't get tickets until the last minute though when I know I'm definitely going to be home. There's always loads of tickets for sale on the here and elsewhere.

It has turned into a great festival now even though it's not held in Kendal anymore. I remember the first one held over 2 days in a marquee in the local park. British Sea Power headlined.

BSP are playing again. It's a good line up! If you decide to go give me a shout and I'll meet you. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Speaking of where you camp - I didnt know where to ask this questiion so thought I'd go for it in here first.

How fast do each of the campsites fill up in general? We camped at the back end of Paines Ground in 2015 and I wasnt that thrilled with it if I'm honest.

There will be 8 of us on the 1am Wednesday coach out of London this year, so will be at the site by about 4ish. Firstly what will the queue situation be like at that point? and will we have a good pick of where to camp when gates open?

At 4am there will be a queue - all the overnighters will be there. You'll be sat for a good few hours at Gate A.

I would say that you'd pretty much have your pick, but probably best to aim for the popular northern camp sites like Big Ground rather than traipsing all the way to Pennards and the like.

7 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

BSP are playing again. It's a good line up! If you decide to go give me a shout and I'll meet you. 

They have played at a few over the years. Being from Kendal they have tried to support the festival when they can. I won't know if I'm going to be home until July probably but if I'm able to make it I'll definitely give you a shout. Sometimes if I'm very busy and can't make the whole thing I'll just drive up on the Saturday and Sunday. I'm only 30 mins away.

8 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Grand, bookings page populated with details. I shake too much typing. Can't cope with the stress. Fingers crossed now. Spose better sign up for text notifications

Woop woop!:)

I've never even seen the booking page for 4 years so my hands don't get chance to shake! 

Can we please stop talking about crumpets? I'm on a diet and there are crumpets in the cupboard, and all I want to do is eat crumpets with shit loads of butter.

It's all your fault. I take no responsibility for my future crumpet-eating actions.

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

From that article: Over 50% of the UK agree with me!

In the UK, the tables are turned (possibly quite literally, if you use the ‘wrong’ pronunciation.) While ‘scone-to-rhyme-with-cone’ has some leverage, over half the country will politely pretend not to have heard you, and ask (rhyming scone, of course, with ‘con’) “Would you, dear friend, perhaps like a scone?”

Graph of UK response to a poll asking how to pronounce scone.

Well in the interest of selective journalism I quote pretty much what I like and the truth be damned!

'Over the past weeks, we hosted a poll asking how you pronounce ‘scone’ – and it has proved one of our most popular polls, with thousands of you voting. The clear winner, in the end, was pronouncing ‘scone’ to rhyme with . . . ‘cone’!'

:)

I daren't re-open the scone/jam/cream debate but crumpets - butter only surely (although my kids eat them with marmalade which is totally wrong)

@MilkyJoe sent you a PM, send me your details.

@grumpyhack will try for you too  details saved.

Snow and Hail in the Cheshire countryside today, NFR!

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

At 4am there will be a queue - all the overnighters will be there. You'll be sat for a good few hours at Gate A.

I would say that you'd pretty much have your pick, but probably best to aim for the popular northern camp sites like Big Ground rather than traipsing all the way to Pennards and the like.

Yep I'm prepared for the queue. And sort of looking forward to the whole thing a little bit (as much as you can at this stage). How long will it be?

And why do you say that about North camps? I was looking at Kidney mead anyway what are the chances of that?

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Yep I'm prepared for the queue. And sort of looking forward to the whole thing a little bit (as much as you can at this stage). How long will it be?

And why do you say that about North camps? I was looking at Kidney mead anyway what are the chances of that?

The queue to get on site seems to be different every year! There have been years we have got in the queue at 4.30am, and been ion site at 9am. But there have also been years we've been in the queue at 4.30am and not on site til lunchtime! 

You have to be prepared to not be in your first choice of field, but it does depend on how big your tents are too, that dictates where you camp depending on when you arrive! 

No easy answer to this really! 

Edited by lucyginger

3 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Hi Funkyfairy that would be hugely appreciated.  If you are successful I'll pay by immediate bank transfer, which usually goes through in about two hours.

My details are:  Peter Thomas: Reg 71693522  Postcode CF83 8RQ

There are two others who would hope to come with me:

Andrew Langley:  Reg 2847092787  Postcode CF83 3BB

Mrs Paula Smith: Reg 47145083  Postcode CF83 3BB

Don't try for National Express tickets as I take a caravan - though I think I've already got the CV East ticket sorted.

cool 3 of you and 1 @Milky Joe and thats the 4 places we all try for. Main thing is we all hammer away to try for you, general sale only.

5 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Subscribe to Neil's webpage monitor checkpage.co.uk   It's brilliant, sends you an email and text alert.  Also at the moment this link http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017/worthy-farm/1100001 takes you to the ticket booking page and you can enter people's details.  When you press 'proceed' it says tickets not available, but you've then got the fields preloaded which means they'll autofill if you get through during the actual sale (don't know if this would happen on your work computer though)

This is exactly what i did last year - already prefilled and just pressed go and pay - no faffing

@Milky Joe please can you post your details on here or PM me - don;t need card details - just your registration and your postcode .... I can then prefll and save the page - grumphacks are in there, now waiting for yours

Who should we use for the lead bookers - @grumpyhack are you happy to be lead booker, and receive @Milky Joe's ticket and send it onto him as he will be out of the country until 21st

We've got this !

40 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

@Milky Joe please can you post your details on here or PM me - don;t need card details - just your registration and your postcode .... I can then prefll and save the page - grumphacks are in there, now waiting for yours

Who should we use for the lead bookers - @grumpyhack are you happy to be lead booker, and receive @Milky Joe's ticket and send it onto him as he will be out of the country until 21st

We've got this !

I'll send it to you minus card. 

47 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

We've got this !

More than happy to help in anyway if it gets people the tickets they want.

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Milky joes reg: 66977002

postcode LA96FD

Thanks a lot

Dumb question - and minds gone blank - does it matter if there is a space or no space in the postcode (between the two parts of the postcode ? Funny when you really start to look and have all the time as its not a mad panic that then you start to think whats 'right'

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

Thanks a lot

Dumb question - and minds gone blank - does it matter if there is a space or no space in the postcode (between the two parts of the postcode ? Funny when you really start to look and have all the time as its not a mad panic that then you start to think whats 'right'

I know i was stressed about that before but no it shouldn't make a difference. Sure I've entered them before with varying gap and no gaps from copying and pasting. 

1 minute ago, grumpyhack said:

More than happy to help in anyway if it gets people the tickets they want.

Cool you're all on one page - the 4 of you, but if we put MJ first then he would get the tickets and not be able to send them onto you I guess till he's back in the country on the 21st - You're first in my list of 4